FA Cup 2nd Q Round - Dulwich Hamlet vs Tonbridge 22/9

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Sep 10, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Excellent! :thumbs:

tonysingh likes this.
  2. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Marvellous. They might canter to the Isthmian this season. Good and profitable result.

darryl, scousedom and editor like this.
  3. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

I thought we made hard work of the second half against a ten man Tonbridge. It was nearly 2-2 at one stage! Now we have adjusted to the conference south level we shouldn't have problems with teams from lower divisions. Did the referee manage to book all 22 players?

Nivag likes this.
  4. StephenMac

Know what you mean but they're clear at the top of the Bostik and were very decent today I thought. Felt like a good result.

pettyboy, Dirty South and darryl like this.
  5. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Yes. Note Worthing beat Chelmsford City who I thought were very good when we played them. Wow!

pettyboy and StephenMac like this.
  6. StephenMac

Guessing they'll be right up with them.

7. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Quite a comprehensive match day report from the Bostik League website: Bostik Matchday: Ten man Angels lose their unbeaten record- but not their pride - The Bostik Football League It even manages to throw in line about Jacob Reed-Mogg!
    From a personal viewpoint I though Jay May was excellent today, especially first half. Obviously he should have scored in the first half when the ball got caught under his foot, but he played a big role in our first two goals, with the header that led to the corner for the first and then his determination to go in for 3 or 4 challenges in a row before the ball broke for Green to lash home for the second. He might not score that many for us this season but the number of headers he wins and the way he holds up the ball and brings others into play will be invaluable.

8. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope Dipo is started over Tomlin from now until the end of the season.

YTC, Cat Daisy, GregDHFC and 2 others like this.
  9. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Weather was bad (and there's also the possibility that some season ticket holders may have skipped this one as it's not included on the ticket), but I still find that crowd worrying. I understand we gain £9,000 from that win yesterday, but how much are we losing each home match when we're getting 5-600 at the KNK as opposed to 1,500-1,600 at Champion Hill?

As for the game itself I thought Tonbridge looked pretty good going forward and could probably be considered unlucky to go 1-0 down after putting quite a lot of pressure on us and forcing Preston to be at his absolute best (I think he's having a brilliant season BTW). They lost their shape a bit after that though and it was encouraging to see our players take advantage. Jay May looks very good up front as others have said but I think he needs someone to play off him and I'm not convinced we have the right player to do that yet. I'd like to see Cook back in the starting line-up sooner rather than later.

Hope we can get a favourable draw in the next round to allow us to progress through a few rounds.

10. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Don't think I've ever been in the presence of anyone quite as angry as that old chap who seemed intent on starting a Royal Rumble after the game.

11. Dirty South

Dirty South Active Member

A Tonbridge old chap?

Was myself dischuffed by the lad in front of me in the first half holding a toddler while repeatedly shouting "Keeper, you're a c*nt!" Most un-dulwich.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  12. Cyclodunc

Yep.

13. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

First home game I’ve missed this season, but sounds like a good win. Draw for the next round is due to take place around 1pm today – allez allez allez!

14. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have been royal, that's Tunbridge Wells :p

Matt The Cab likes this.
  15. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

16. Cyclodunc

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus