1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme sport/technical attire for the sartorially aware spliff smoker

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by ringo, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

But I can comfortably toke in the garden / on the beach 24 hrs a day wearing only shorts ;)

ringo likes this.
  2. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

I've got about 10 technical jackets, from Rab climbing and puffas to Alpine and Alaskan snowboarding jobs, Musto shell, Berghaus snowboarding and a gilet etc etc. Currently using a double thickness Schott fleece for my evening toke. I like the look of those gloves though, I might find those :thumbs:

twentythreedom likes this.
  3. ringo

Might get me a face heater
    [​IMG]

Dovydaitis, Libertad and BigMoaner like this.
  4. xes

xes F.O.A.D

gutted that's not real :(

pengaleng likes this.
  5. moody

moody Being alive increases risk of death.

lol.... come along now.

6. ringo

Seriously thinking about these after the last two nights, although it would be considerably cheaper to cut the fingers off the old ski gloves I used to use for winter cycling :thumbs:

twentythreedom likes this.
  7. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' pengaleng PhD. another handsome boy graduate.

oh shit tho, windproof trackies from uniqlo :cool:

I also have a bench inside a small plastic greenhouse from argos that fits perfectly - is gonna be it's third and last winter gotta be replaced cus all the wind has savaged it a bit

ringo likes this.
  8. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

I've never seen this thread before ... minus fucking 6 outside and I'm there in trakkies and slippers (no socks) and a t-shirt .... I want windproof trousers and a ski jacket and thermals!

pengaleng and ringo like this.
  9. ringo

For the serious extreme toker. No review of blim protection though, which is a bit disappointing.

Blue Morpho Jacket. The light-reflecting hardshell made from 2 billion glass spheres

BLUE-MORPHO-hood-up-full-refelct-light-1376-688x388.jpg
    The surface of the Blue Morpho Jacket acts like a mirror for whatever light conditions you’re out in. In sunlight it will shift from a deep ocean blue to shimmering metallic blue thanks to its entirely reflective glass face. While at night, headtorches, search lights or camera flashes transform it into a trippy, bionic-looking blue. The fabric is smooth to the touch, but close up it has an industrial 3D look and each jacket has its own unique markings left in the resin and glass surface from its highly technical construction process. Built for snowsports the jacket is engineered to allow maximum range of motion and with room for your puffer or hoodie underneath. It’s fully se[​IMG]am-sealed and waterproofed, and features an ocean-racing style marine hood and super-high collar, which operate independently – so if you want your mouth and nose covered at high speed but your hood down, you can.
    £495
    Blue Morpho Jacket. The crazily reflective ski and snowboard hardshell.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  10. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

I actually think that might make me feel sick if I looked at it for too long

11. extra dry

extra dry Happy to be here

The price is making me ill. Just get a run of mill anorak and paint it light blue/turquoise

12. ringo

No place for that kind of talk on the sartorially aware spliff smoker thread! :)

13. twentythreedom

twentythreedom don't wanna get me vex, don't step on my creps

Bought this recently. It's a sailing jacket but doubles for a crafty spliff in stormy weather

jacket-351-gy-img01_2.jpg

ringo likes this.
  14. ringo

Nice. I just got one of these, which demotes my previous gore-tex to toking jacket duties.

Sidewinder-SV-Jacket-Admiral.png

crossthebreeze likes this.