1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme sport/technical attire for the sartorially aware spliff smoker

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by ringo, Feb 5, 2010.

1. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

hydrophobic materials have been in the works for a while, must have got the hideous costs down somehow.

2. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

It took me two reads of that to realise you hadn't written "homophobic materials". :D

Voley likes this.
  3. DotCommunist

lol. No they are the new miracle tech coming in. There was an amazing demo vid doing the rounds (made by a team touting for more funding OBVIOUSLY) showing the distressing sight of chocolate sauce being poured all over a white, box fresh trainer. Then it gets picked up and tilted and all the sauce runs off. All of it. Trainer still looking box fresh and white. . Its like living in the future man.

pengaleng, dessiato, Enviro and 2 others like this.
  4. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Come on man, buck your ideas up.

Dedicated adult only shed with heating, couch and nibbles. Bottle of port always on stock obviously.

Connect to back of house via canopy. No need to dress up/down this way. Enjoy your toke in style.

Voley, Idaho, Enviro and 2 others like this.
  5. ringo

My first pair had soft soles and fell apart after a year. Second pair are a tougher range they do with very solid waterproof soles. Had these 3 years and still as good as the day they were bought.

[​IMG]

6. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

That PIC previous is just a rubber mac surely.

7. ringo

Considered this, but as the Mazoid has previously suggested that I get a man cave in the garden and move all my tunes into it I've had to put my foot down. No way the collection is going into a weak security cold shed. I've shifted the balance by promoting the she-cave/office idea so that SHE moves into the garden and I get the warm house :cool:. Plus I like to smoke outside now and all the gear makes it more fun.

Anyway you haven't even got a house at the moment :D

8. ringo

Nope, but the new stuff does look like thin rubber road bike tyre stretched out. Its going to be supertechtastic.

9. ringo

I have considered a canopy thing, but if its really rough I can sit in the conservatory. My mate has a wood burner in his, which sounded weird until I saw it and it's bloody great in the winter, toasty warm with a good view out to the garden.

10. twentythreedom

twentythreedom don't wanna get me vex, don't step on my creps

That stuff will be great for sailing clothing :cool:

Offshore spliff smoking ftw :thumbs:

ringo likes this.
  11. ringo

I walk past the Henri Lloyd office to work, twice a year they sell off old stock and samples. Picked up a see through, waterproof, locking air seal holdall earlier this year for £25, great for camping and festivals. Looking forward to their outer membrane experiments appearing next to the posh knob gear in future sales.

twentythreedom likes this.
  12. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

Cracking thread :D
    This is what you need ringo...

[​IMG]

13. ringo

There's loads of this stuff in William Gibson's novels. In one he describes a type of middle aged man who lives an urban lifestyle but dresses in a mixture of highly technical clothing mixed with military styling. I'll have to look up the name he gave the sub-culture, but coming from a skater/snowboarding and reggae background it could have been based on what I've worn for 25 years :)

Lots about his attitude to that and the MA-1jackets he's endorsed in this interview William Gibson Interview: The Limits of Authenticity

I can't afford to buy Maharishi stuff new but its some of the best of this style. I've picked up a few bits second hand recently. maharishi

14. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

A cheap Peter Storm thermal underjacket thing and a forage cap did me down to -14c and about 50cm of snow in Munich/Salzburg last winter. :)

In fact I'm wearing it again right now as it is about the only item of outerwear I have that is light and soft enough to wear over my recovering shoulder.

15. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

We all need one of those! :D

dessiato and Libertad like this.
  16. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

Libertad Lovely bit of Hydrophobicspliffinvertedboatshedtech there mate.

Voley, Libertad and ringo like this.
  17. ringo

Yellow card. If it isn't suitable for polar expeditions keep it off this thread. The less suitable for temperate urban climes the better :)

pogofish likes this.
  18. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

[​IMG]

Probably need some blim hole tech though

Libertad, fishfinger and ringo like this.
  19. ringo

I've admired those before, but yes, might well need some sort of bib. Maybe my new clothing range will have to feature hard shell armoured aprons on the chest and forearms to deflect blim penetration.

I haven't got a brand name yet. Tufftoke. Wilderspliff. Xtremewhatwasidoingouthereagain.

20. DotCommunist

ganjardman

Libertad and ringo like this.
  21. twentythreedom

I fucking love a good bit of overpriced sailing gear :)

And who are you calling a posh knob :mad:

ringo likes this.
  22. 19sixtysix

19sixtysix Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret

I've considered one of these for working nightshift.

23. ringo

Some of that Henri Lloyd stuff is all posh knob and not much techie wear, but they have the odd good bit of kit :)

24. twentythreedom

I've got these - fucking great bit of kit but possibly OTT for a spliff in the garden :hmm:

y10157_cbn_fr.jpg

25. ringo

I've been looking at trousers. Tricky one because changing trousers goes against the speed requirements of nipping out for a toke before the next record finishes.
    The only invention I've come up with so far is a pair of chaps similar in construction to those you link to but with a snap on /off belt or connection at the waist using a technology I haven't invented yet.
    They would of course look fantastically ridiculous and probably aren't necessary if a 3/4 length coat is worn.

twentythreedom likes this.
  26. xes

xes F.O.A.D

When it's whomping it down out and I go out for a spliff, I put on some waterproofs, takes seconds to put on and I don't even have to make my shoes off. Got a pair of unileek hivis ones from an old job (with jacket). They come in very handy for dog walking too.

For outdoor waterproofing of normal clothes, you could invest in a can of neverwet, or ultra everdry. Superhydrophobic nanotech for your clothes. (Hydrophobic is soooo last decade)

27. blairsh

blairsh epitome of refractory

Looks like a knackered transformer that's been buried upto its neck.

Libertad likes this.
  28. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

Here you go ringo, does this meet your requirements?

[​IMG]

ringo likes this.
  29. twentythreedom

Schott do / used to do some good kit that did the job. I used to have a snowboarding jacket that saw me through some severe outdoor winter spliffing.

I like this:

S3722K006-K11@16.jpg

ringo likes this.
  30. twentythreedom

Also recommended - I have a pair - ideal for winter outdoor skinning up and smartphone use while you smoke, all while keeping your hands warm and dry :cool:

dg-7051.jpg

plurker likes this.