Extinction Rebellion

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Jeremiah18.17, Oct 27, 2018.

1. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Alles hat ein Ende nur eine Wurst hat zwei

i think she skipped school on friday for the demo. shes only 14, so likely soemthing picked up. it is scarily reminiscent of the stuff i used to churn out on the union photocopier after hours all those years ago

Libertad and Pickman's model like this.
  2. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

This is an interesting phenomena from the Friday school strikes, I guess.

That they normalised political and protest engagement (I know EMA and Uni fees in 2010 protest did but it was a smaller movement]

I was just with some 13 year olds in Dorset and they go to the strikes in Exeter - they were *really* well informed about many issues despite living in a tiny village*

*I know they have the internet even in Dorset;) and can find out about things but the excitement of going to a city and going on a protest felt compelling and attractive, it seemed.

Kaka Tim likes this.
  3. HoratioCuthbert

HoratioCuthbert The wheels are greased,we’re heading out, out, out

He seems pretty sound :)

4. splonkydoo

splonkydoo New Member

5. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

6. nyxx

nyxx Well-Known Member

Chatting with a friend who was involved in xr court support the other day.

Apparently some ppl in xr believed that gbc had just had a hissy fit and deserted them for no good reason, and thought that they were being paid.

Someone’s been putting some utter bullshit about the place... GBC are hard working volunteers who were completely swamped by xr who didn’t even donate anything to their org for providing legal trainings and legal support. Their statement on why they’ve withdrawn from providing further is clear.

Gramsci likes this.
  7. nyxx

nyxx Well-Known Member

& I can’t help but see a parallel with that ^ and the tendency to flip out at any criticism however well founded, or constructively phrased, it is.