Extinction Rebellion

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Jeremiah18.17, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Fishing in the River of Life....

Ducking and diving is a useful skill for stockbrokers.

2. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Now at upper Thames street. Blocking road. 20190425_123651.jpg 20190425_124000.jpg 20190425_123946.jpg 20190425_123924.jpg

muscovyduck and cupid_stunt like this.
  3. Gramsci

Fleet street half hour ago. Protestors glued t 20190425_120541.jpg 20190425_120541.jpg 20190425_120620.jpg o road outside Goldman sachs

CNT36, cupid_stunt and Dan U like this.
  4. Gramsci

Upper Thames street 20190425_123844.jpg

BigTom, cupid_stunt and Dan U like this.
  5. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

thanks Gramsci Miss-Shelf and others for your 'on the spot' posts over the last week or so

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

i see the evidence gatherers are out
    upload_2019-4-25_12-53-6.png

Miss-Shelf and Gramsci like this.
  7. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

the unfit fit team

Miss-Shelf and Pickman's model like this.
  8. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Fishing in the River of Life....

Hobby Bobby or proper copper?

Pickman's model likes this.
  9. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

the latter

Sprocket. likes this.
  10. The tail doesn’t wag the dog.

11. It’s more likely than them not obeying orders because they agree with the protest.

12. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank We kill the flame

13. 8ball

8ball Chipperer than average

Yeah, a few tens of millions of displaced people here and there. No big deal, right?

14. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut ... the Great.

Yeah, tens of millions of displaced people because of climate change has to be a good thing, well done, plank. :thumbs:

muscovyduck likes this.
  15. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

This is unfair to her, she does go on to say that population displacement is bad but it needs to be phrased right.

I have no idea about the context of what was said or who said it or how accurate this is, so I'm not going to comment any more than that, but there is a general point that terrible people might also be opposed to climate change on terrible bases and they need to be excluded from day one. White nationalists might well campaign for measures to halt climate change on the basis that it will result in millions of displaced non-white people that no level of Fortress Europe will be able to keep out, and they assume that they will come over here and rape and pillage.

Riklet, vanya, SpackleFrog and 5 others like this.
  16. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

"Members of Christian Climate Action and The Snowflakes Knitting Cunts Together"

Fuckin'ell I knew it was bad in that London but if two groups of protestors with those names tried to stop people getting to work on the Wirral Line this morning I'm afraid there would be a completely different outcome to them sitting on their arses for 2 hours spouting that sort of shite whilst everyone stood on the platform waiting to get to work.

I'd love to do a Scouse parody video of it but to be honest it would only last about 3 minutes tops.

It would go like this.

"We're from Christian Climate Action and The Snowflakes Knitting Cunts Together and we're gluing ourselves to this twain to pwowtest"
    "If I'm late getting to work this morning dickhead I'm going to take my wages out of your face"
    "But the world is going to die"
    "And so are you if I miss my clocking on slot Tarquinia, so what's it going to be you high jacking the next train or me smashing your fucking face in"
    "OK guys lets get off this train and let this old Scouse lady carry on to her cleaning job in Liverpool One and we'll try and do the 8.15"
    "Tarquinia this is all very confrontational so Terrance has an idea, lets forget about Mersey Rail and protest on the Ferry across the Mersey. We could board at Hamilton Square in Birkenhead? No one expects the Ferry Inquisition"
    "Oh my that sounds like a fab thing to do. Extinctionous rebellious what!. Let's stop these Northern people who are ignorant to the suffering world around them from getting to work on the most famous mode of transport in this region"

Later that morning

"This is Granada Reports. We will now take a break from our scheduled service to bring you news of a group of people called Christian Climate Action and The Snowflakes Knitting Cunts Together who decided to protest in Birkenhead this morning"

[​IMG]

17. Gramsci

I'm a Londoner and I didn't have any problem with the protests today.

I don't understand why you say its so bad in London. Please explain.

Rutita1 likes this.
  18. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Great stuff.

19. friedaweed

You've answered your own question mate ;)

20. Gramsci

No I haven't.

You haven't answered my question.

21. Gramsci

BTW if you had been reading this thread you would know that some of the protestors had come from the North. Parliament Square occupation was a lot of people from the North.

friedaweed likes this.
  22. friedaweed

No actually I think you've missed my point which would entail that yes you've would of answered your own question.

I'll come back and draw you a picture in a bit but I've got clam linguine on the hob currently old chap so don't have the time. x

23. friedaweed

The North never forgets
    [​IMG]

We just wouldn't let it stop us getting to fucking work. Now my clams are sweating x

24. Gramsci

I get it. This is good thread and good discussion.

Your disrupting it.

Play your games elsewhere.

Rutita1 likes this.
  25. Gramsci

IMO this is trolling disruptive behaviour.

Rutita1 likes this.
  26. friedaweed

Jog the fuck on and consider that a good thread and good discussion has more than your opinion to it. Now I must get to my pasta.

Dickhead :rolleyes:

27. friedaweed

Report it then Tarquinia x

28. Gramsci

She says "they". As FridgeMagnet says no context.

My experience of XR people on the ground . not the leaders. is that they are the same kind of people who would support migrant rights.

I do understand in Green politics there is element that is quite reactionary.

But I don't think the people I've met can be included in that.

29. Gramsci

You are a keyboard warrior. I'm not impressed. Easy to spout this abuse on an internet forum and not face to face.

30. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank We kill the flame

Not that simple with a hierarchical organisation with an opaque command structure though is it?