Exhibitions and events at Somerset House, central London

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by editor, Jun 27, 2008.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. Rollem

Rollem two kinds of wonderful

looks a bit crap to be fair

its not a living room. its a load of seating, carpet/rugs and lamps outside :hmm:

3. girasol

girasol Sunflower

I saw this by the National Threatre a couple of weeks ago, which I thought was great, but maybe because it was unexpected:

[​IMG]

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Ah the NT one is much better :)
    Remember when all those chairs were put out in trafalger sq?

6. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

Editor - can you go on the Greenwich Wheel and report back please. Don't want to waste £7 for 12 minutes if it's crap :D

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

[​IMG]

On Saturday, we popped down to see ‘A Flow of Words,’ a spoken word event in the Dead House, underneath Somerset House - anyone else go?

It was hosted by Romesh Gunesekera, Writer in Residence at Somerset House, and featured three writers reading commissioned stories and poems inspired by River Sounding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics: http://www.urban75.org/london/somerset-house-dead-house-london.html

8. boohoo

boohoo No.

Most curious that there are people buried down there.

9. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

I wandered into this exhibition yesterday, only had time to look at half of it, but there's some incredible work in it.The cover photo makes it look as though it's all going to be about environmental destruction, but it's actually a whole spread of landscape photography. I've never seen photographs like this before, although possibly that's because I don't go to enough photography exhibitions. I don't think I had any understanding before of what was possible with digital technology - not just the incredible detail of the photographs but how they're processed afterwards and the printing techniques. It's almost a whole new artform.
    http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/visual-arts/landmark-the-fields-of-photography

E2A: don't bother going on the guided tour of Somerset House though, it's pants. While you are there you could drop in to Two Temple Place though - the exhibition is a bit naff but the building is something else: http://www.twotempleplace.org/

Greebo and editor like this.
  10. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Better link here, and you can see some of the photos (by photographer) here.

Greebo and weltweit like this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That's gone into Google Keep as a thing to do!

12. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Some very nice photos there, some a bit "different" also but still interesting.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

*Threads merged

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus