Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Exhibition / museum / tings recommendations?

Numbers

an ting!
Anything on in London at the moment you’d recommend?

I’m off to the 24/7 one at Somerset House tomorrow, haven’t been to the obvious (Natural History / Science / Museum of London / Tate) for years so am going to go back to those, I have a rare cpl of weeks available to me so really fancy some great things/places.

Cheers

Mrs Miggins

There's been a slight cheese accident

I fancy this as well

Oh and this!

hash tag

chillin

While at Design Museum and Leighton House, you may wish to pay your respects to Jimmy Page at The Tower House (or Robbie Williams next door)

Artaxerxes

Grant Museum of Zoology is always fab, go see the Jar of Moles and the bones.

British Museums Troy exhibit is pretty good but one very good free one they have on atm is Notgeld, German emergency money.

Petrie Egyptian museums good as well, proper old style cupboard museum compared to most of them.

clicker

nanook rubs it....
Mushroom extravaganza at Somerset House.

National Portrait Gallery about to close for 3 years.

Andy Warhol at Tate Modern early March.

blossie33

trailer trash
Grant Museum of Zoology is always fab, go see the Jar of Moles and the bones.

British Museums Troy exhibit is pretty good but one very good free one they have on atm is Notgeld, German emergency money.

Petrie Egyptian museums good as well, proper old style cupboard museum compared to most of them.
The Petrie is closed at the moment, I think they are having some sort of revamp to the entrance - great little place though as you said ... and the Grant :)

Also agree about the Notgeld display at the British Museum - finding the room is a bit confusing though I thought :D

Not sure if it's still on but I enjoyed the Dora Maar exhibition at Tate Modern.

The Wellcome Collection has good exhibitions which are free as does the Brunei Gallery (part of the SOAS building University of London).
We are so lucky in London - so many places :)