1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution of a Goddess.

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Stanley Edwards, Apr 5, 2017.

1. tim

tim Well-Known Member

Bohemians have no truck with such bourgeois conventions. And anyway, be hasn't bothered to learn enough of the language to know what's going on around him.

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards m©JiŢoËŞ for BŘe@ĸƑaƽƮ

dessiato likes this.
  3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

upload_2017-4-13_18-37-35.png

4. Stanley Edwards

Fluent in Spanish thanks. I just don't like talking to wankers like you. You both fuck off out of my thread now.

tim, Johnny Vodka and dessiato like this.
  5. Stanley Edwards

6. Pickman's model

today is thursday, not monday

7. Stanley Edwards

Yes. Like I said you thick little twat; 'I meant Monday'.

Now kindly fuck off from this thread unless you have something of value to add.

8. Pickman's model

yes, you auld gentleman of the afternoon.

9. dessiato

dessiato Philippians 4:8

Having met Stan I can say that he has excellent Spanish. I wish mine was as good. Given his lifestyle I doubt he'd manage without the language skills he has.

10. Stanley Edwards

Financial damage limitation!

Still have to cover Three more nights and Four days before everything is open and back to normal. Nowhere to buy decent materials, and I don't want to start anything too big. Desperately trying to hang on to rent money for my return to Granada. Semana Santa folk are not my sort of people - I did not make a single Cent yesterday.

50% bocadillo from Eroski €0.75
    Small cans of San Miguel are on a 3 for 2 offer €0.99 for 3 cans

Hopefully, I get the money I am owed, but the bar hasn't even managed to open yet. Putting paintings on display whilst working on One of them. Prints for sale. But, I seriously don't expect a penny today, tomorrow, or Monday. Just hanging on in there and working on a background project - researching, emailing, cashflow forecasts. Looking for the right building in Granada.

Ferry plus buses to Granada will be around €150. Plan was to hike, but that is the most expensive way to travel. People think I'm joking when I tell them that. Hiking is not cheap!

I was doing very well before that fuck up :D

11. Stanley Edwards

Paid! Ole.

Well, sort of. We have come to an amicable agreement which means I have cash to get to Granada, plus a bonus when/if I return to Ibiza. Above all else, patience pays. Do not spoil any working relationships!

I am an artist. I am non-essential :( Before I get paid, the builders, the plumbers, the carpenters, the decorators, the gas people, the electricians, the decorators, the fixtures and fittings, the stock, the authorities... pretty much everybody else gets paid before I even get to sniff the cash. This is the life I have chosen.

Packed. Reduced to backpack, sleeping bag, toolbox and a single 1.60 x 1 Meter canvas I will walk to the port tonight whilst it is cool enough to wear all my clothes and my coat. Then wait for the cheapest possible option to hit the mainland where I will sketch for new boots before getting bus/train to Granada.

Happy :)

12. Sweet Meiga

Sweet Meiga From far off lands

Really glad to hear you're sorted. Have a safe trip to Granada and hopefully see you there later in the year. x

weltweit likes this.
  13. Stanley Edwards

Oh! That would be really nice :)

Don't come in July, or August - far too hot by day. If I am there (but, will most probably be back on this God forsaken little isle) I will be living by night.

Thanks.xxx

dessiato likes this.
  14. dessiato

Hope we manage to catch up properly there sometime.

15. Stanley Edwards

Thanks to you also :) xxx :p

dessiato likes this.
  16. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

Do you think you'll be in Granada next month, Stan? I'll give you a wave if I see you.

17. Stanley Edwards

Most certainly will be. May and June are very good months for me in Granada. Lots of cultured, international tourists and many parents of foreign students. The fair and bullfighting in June isn't for me, but that all happens a fair distance from the centre.

Join me for tapas. If I am working in the street I will be in Plaza Nueva. My contact details are on my blog, or conversation me here. Moving into a large 5 bedroom house, so room for guests (invitation open to all). Myself, my Swedish friend, his Spanish partner and young baby, and a guy from Senegal. We're a very friendly bunch.

I'm not nearly as scary, or as old as I appear here sometimes ;)

Johnny Vodka, Poot and dessiato like this.
  18. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

Thanks Stan. As a student I lived briefly in a flat near Plaza Nueva so I hope to see you there as I bore my children shitless with tales of my youth. (I'm not taking them to C/Pedro Antonio de Alarcon though, which is where most of it happened - I am too old and they are too young... Also it's probably nowhere near as much fun as it was)

19. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

Looking at another trip this year and granada in june is a possibility..

20. Stanley Edwards

I am never bloody well doing that again. That was epic. Carrying a huge canvas packed in cardboard through gale force winds is no fun. Almost ended up in the sea many times just getting to the port. At one point it took me Three attempts to cross a single file filter lane no more than 3 Meters wide. Whole queue of truckers pissing themselves laughing :(

The ferry was cool. Nice boat with a deck with a lounge area and a swimming pool! I'm guessing they sometimes fill the pool with water? Very helpful staff carried my canvas for me. Ferry crossing was the relaxed easy bit, but I didn't get any sleep. Ferry to Valencia €44 for a Seven hour crossing.

Valencia I know well, but have never been to the port before. Turns out it is a very long way from the old centre and the bus station. Couldn't see any familiar landmarks, so just headed to the old river knowing all I had to do was follow the path to the bus station bridge even if it was miles away. Initially, I walked the wrong way all the way to the end of the river walk. I was already very tired. Then, a stroke of luck - a fully functioning supermarket trolley abandoned at the end of the riverside walk. There is no river. It is still called a river rather than a rambla because Barcelona has a rambla I guess. Dunno. Backpack, sleeping bag, toolbox, coat into the trolley with a 6 pack from Mercadona and huge canvas precariously balanced on top. I have Five whole hours to get to the bus station. Slowly, slowly with breaks every 20 minutes for a drink and a smoke and to take in the funky architecture around me. Four hours and 50 minutes later I reached the bus station. It was about 10KM. I left the trolley by the closest post box to make sure it found it's way home. €47 for an overnight ticket (8 hours) to Granada. I had to pay a further €20 to put my painting in the luggage. No idea why.

Get to Granada. I haven't slept for over Three days. Walk the 4KM to the centre. I made it! Just have to get the bus to Maracena and I can sleep. Nope. Not allowed to take the canvas on the bus - it could be dangerous :(

Finally made it. Totally fucked. Slept and slept. Tonight I am cooking Chinese fish soup and lying in bed alone with beers, tobacco, MJ and internet. I get back to painting tomorrow.

This is fucking well hard work at times.

Celyn, clicker, Poot and 6 others like this.
  21. Stanley Edwards

A detail. I am trying to push this one more into an ethereal realm. I want people to follow dreams.

sat01.jpg

Still with my crappy laptop webcam for now. I am painting, but as ever, whenever I return to Granada people expect stuff from me. They expect advice and rationality I simply cannot provide.

Anyway, I am painting.

:)

blossie33, dessiato and Poot like this.
  22. Johnny Vodka

Will be in Granada June 8th - 13th, Malaga 13th - 15th, if Stan or any other urbs are around. :)

dessiato likes this.
  23. Stanley Edwards

Always around for good company. Good company is the best thing in life!

I am totally on a mission ATM. Every spare minute and spare Centimo going on work. If I have cash in pocket I am painting in a discrete corner of Plaza de Trinidad (or, hanging at cafeteria Goya). If I need cash I am running the gauntlet with police in Plaza Nueva. Long, complicated days - good company is always the best.

Contact details on my blog, or just ask around.

Little time for U75 these days for various reasons, but will try to keep this thread live.

24. Stanley Edwards

No new pics to post, but all is good in Granada after a bit of sorting.

I returned to take a room in the new shared house. However, it is a bus ride from town and some of the bus drivers seem to think my big canvas is a danger to other passengers, and if the police see them allowing me on the bus they will get trouble!

So... I am currently squatting a huge, very nice building with fabulous potential. The people I am sharing with are not really taking the situation seriously. MDMA is flying around town at just €10 a gramme and there is also loads of mescalin. They are partying for the time being. These are young travelling folk from all sorts of backgrounds. Some are taking a year out thanks to Mum and Dad, or late Great Aunty Maud. Others are running from something. Some have serious drug issues. Some have mental health issues. A very incongruous mix all sharing a single desire to get fucked and fucked. So far €450 and a couple of phones have gone missing. If they get serious I will connect the electricity and water. Drainage is good - it is a new build 4 story building with roof terrace. HUGE potential, and I think we will be left alone for years if we don't upset the neighbours. I just need to enforce a few rules.

Amongst the incongruous mix of young travelling folk, One has already died. Only known by a 'nickname', nobody knows how to contact his family, so the body lies in the morgue whilst people wait for the most economical form of disposal. Fun partying, but all it takes is a single fall.

I am looking to rent a garage to store my paintings.

Pics soon. Very happy with the work I am doing. Not so happy with much else ATM!

clicker and dessiato like this.
  25. dessiato

Liked because it's good to here that you are settling back into Granada. The problems with the other people seem to be just waiting to break through and make things bad for everyone.

26. Johnny Vodka

Is the mandy good quality for £10/g? :eek: How easy is it for a tourist to find stuff or does it find you? Roll on June 8th. :cool: