Evening fixtures

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by My lovely horse, Jun 2, 2018.

1. My lovely horse

My lovely horse New Member

As Tooting and Mitcham play their evening fixtures on Tuesdays are we moving them to another day next season?

2. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Are we though?

4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I thought about this a couple of weeks ago but kept forgetting to mention it. It's standard practice for groundsharing clubs to play midweek matches on different days of the week to avoid having to switch dates on an ad-hoc basis in the event of a clash. Assuming Tooting still wish to play on Tuesdays I would imagine that our games will be on a Monday or Wednesday.

Kingstonian played on Mondays whilst sharing at Leatherhead last season, as they did when Wimbledon took over Kingsmeadow, but next season they're playing on Wednesdays at Corinthian Casuals.

5. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Home midweek night is Wednesday

6. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Hope there won’t be too many home midweek games as otherwise I’ll have wasted my season ticket. :(

7. Pink Panther

There will be fewer midweek matches in the original fixture list as we start a week earlier than the Isthmian League and play 42 matches instead of 46. They pack them in for the first 6 weeks, then there are no more other than those rescheduled due to cup runs or bad weather.

clog likes this.
  8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Never 'wasted'...you can always 'lend'it to a friend, to try to garner new support, or not go, but appreciate that they are great value for money anyway, and you are supporting the club in advance to help the finances.

9. Pink Panther

Assuming you bought the adult early bird ST for £125, you only need to attend 11 of the 21 home league matches to "get your money back". I think that's fairly good value.

10. clog

I do. Had the same issue last season where I definitely didn’t get my money’s worth but wa hopefully supporting the club (assuming Meadow didn’t keep the ST money from last season).

11. clog

Still think I’m allowed to be a bit downhearted that I won’t be able to attend midweek games. Not expecting anyone to do anything about it!

12. Dulwich Mishi

Can't answer that, but I DO KNOW that EVERY season ticket sold this season WILL go to helping fund OUR Club.

13. Pink Panther

It's not clear whether your issue is with all midweek matches or specifically Wednesdays. The initial fixture list is likely to feature no more than 3 home evening kick offs out of 21. After that it's just pot luck with postponements due to cup ties and the weather. There's not much anyone else can do about that.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  14. Dulwich Mishi

I work every other Saturday, so miss lots of games too. I cope...

15. clog

Wednesdays. It’s a personal thing. I’m just having a complain, not expecting anyone at the club to do anything about it. Am well aware that the season ticket is still good value and benefits the club and all the rest of it.

Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  16. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

We are not permitted to state that our evening games are on the same night as any other club playing at the same venue. Tooting wanted Tuesday so that left us with Wednesday as the turnaround from Saturday to Monday is not something that is practical to achieve.

Therefore, the decision was entirely reactive and when we return to Champion Hill we shall go back to Tuesday as soon as possible

clog, Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  17. Pink Panther

Yet again, any inconvenience caused by Wednesday fixtures is ultimately the fault of Meadow.

EDC, dcdulwich, clog and 2 others like this.