Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

European Championship 2018

QueenOfGoths

Fuck you Dave!
This has kind of crept up on me.

The inaugural combined European Championships. Swimming, rowing, cycling, athletics, gymnastics, triathlon.

Have downloaded the app to help plann my sporting TV action!!

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
Is this a new tournament? Not heard of it before. Unusual that some is in Glasgow and some in Berlin.

E2A just spotted the word inaugural in the OP. Doh!

Last edited:

TheHoodedClaw

acknowledging ur soup leg
Is this a new tournament? Not heard of it before. Unusual that some is in Glasgow and some in Berlin.

E2A just spotted the word inaugural in the OP. Doh!
Not a bad idea really - lumping together sports that have their European championships on this schedule, splitting it across a couple of cities. There's been a couple of events I haven't seen before too - mixed relays in the swimming, which have been a lot of fun to watch!

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
Congrats to Thomas Barr, the first Irishman to win a sprint medal.

KJT Looking good in the Heptathlon.

belboid

TUC Off Your Knees
KJT Looking good in the Heptathlon.
Great Long Jump from Thiem. KJT really needed to make another 100 points on her to have a good chance of the win, but only managed 20 or 30. She'll have to have one hell of a javelin throw (where Thiem generally has a 300+ point advantage over her) to have a hope now.

Nine Bob Note

Wry Observor of Humanoid Folly
Missed the swim at the start of the triathlon when I realised I had Last of the Summer Fucking Wine on :facepalm: Brownlee (Ali) on course for gold :cool:

Nine Bob Note

Bad luck, Ali, but holy shit, Alarza, what a show! Brownlee certainly ain't retiring from triathlon this side of Tokyo 2020.

As for Katarina Johnson-Thompson, have the BBC presenters/commentators all had some kind of bet as to who can say her full name as many times as possible inside sixty seconds?

Nine Bob Note

The men's gymnastics team final on now - well, it's taking part as the BBC dick about with channel changes as per usual :mad:

TheHoodedClaw

Well impressed by the two Polish women who ran in the individual 400m final, and then did the relay 90mins later. Meetings don't usually schedule the individual and relays on the same day, do they?

S☼I

ifyalikeitthenushouldaputadonkonit
Well impressed by the two Polish women who ran in the individual 400m final, and then did the relay 90mins later. Meetings don't usually schedule the individual and relays on the same day, do they?
No, it was silly. I think maybe they've crammed a meet into a much shorter period of time

S☼I

I'm just wondering at what point I break it to Mrs SI that unfortunately I'm going to have to go and marry Dina Asher-Smith pretty imminently.

TheHoodedClaw

Oh lordy that women's 5k was more eventful than most. Salpeter of Israel celebrates a silver medal one lap too early. Yikes, poor lass.

S☼I

Oh god, the 100m relay. I always get so nervous before the shorter relay