Euro08 attendances- fishy?

Discussion in 'Euro2008 (archive)' started by Onket, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

Anyone agree?

I spose it depends on there being little or no 'no man's land' areas between sets of fans & whether they can declare attendances based on tickets sales (i.e. Sold out).

:hmm:

2. Dirty Martini

Dirty Martini gets what he cant want

Some matches have been underattended, true. It's difficult to tell by how much because all the fans seem to be wearing their team's main colour, which sometimes makes you think it's empty orange seating, say, when in fact it's a thousand Dutchers made up head to foot in orange.

3. Onket

No, I just mean it looked like they'd just stated the attendance as the capacity of the stadium.

4. Dirty Martini

If they have, they lie. I've seen empty sections at some of the less glamorous first-round matches, but precisely how many it's difficult to tell for the reason I mentioned.

5. Onket

Well yes, see post #1.

6. Dirty Martini

See post #2, then my response (post #4) to your post #3.

7. Onket

Circles.

8. CyberRose

CyberRose أرفع الشفرات

<-------- post #8

9. Onket

Exactly 42,000 at the Germany game yesterday. :hmm:

10. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

They do say that the Germans love order. :eek:

11. Onket

There were only Germans there then? :hmm:

Or are you saying they neatly rounded up the numbers depending on how many other supporters went? :hmm: :hmm:

12. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

I think they organized it so that exactly 42,000 supporters attended. Somehow they knew how many Portuguese were going to attend and organized the appropriate number of German fans to go so that the total was exactly 42,000. That's what I call precision engineering. Alternatively, the attendance figures are a load of old cobblers. :)

13. corporate whore

corporate whore oh, thought you were dead

I'll not be having this talk of UEFA half-truths and incompetence, d'ya hear?

:)

14. Onket

Last night - 50,000. :hmm: :hmm:

15. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

grounds seem to have generally been pretty full. I haven't seen the disgracefully empty stands that marred euro96.