1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro 2016 Violence thread (to keep the footie threads on footie)

Discussion in 'Euro 2016' started by Anudder Oik, Jun 14, 2016.

?

Do you still think it's the English fans fault?

1. Yes, we're still in 70's and 80's

3.3%
  2. No.

80.0%
  3. Yes, 80 fans sang "This city is ours", in Marseille

3.3%
  4. Yes, for being nationals of one nation that's fucking the world over with its Cross-Atlantic cousin.

3.3%
  5. Yes, cos no one likes us.

10.0%
  1. Anudder Oik

Anudder Oik heinous pointless bellend/fucking gobshite muppet

The author of this article is firstly aloof to his fellow fans. He doesn’t see himself as one of them, so doesn’t understand them. He also sees them as one mass so I think he is just following the usual narrative that working class are scum or chavs. He says “it is the majority who are also to blame”. Football fans and working class are the only collective where this type of sweeping prejudice goes unopposed. I wonder what would happen if he labeled all (insert ethnic minority) in this way?

And, in great right wing style he goes on to claim the police, … were not “heavy handed” enough. With who?

Maybe we should bring back national service for all those fat illiterate idiots with bad teeth?

As for booing the Russian national anthem in Marseille after the organized attacks, are you really surprised?

England fans clapped every anthem in the 2002 World Cup in Japan, they applauded the Irish anthem in Dublin, and mutual respect was shown to the Welsh and English anthems in Lens.

This article offers a very jaundiced view of English fans. So yes, I don’t rate middle class commentators very much.

2. Anudder Oik

This video, filmed by a supporter, shows the atmosphere in Marseille once the police had forced english fans to disperse into the backstreets behind the port on the saturday.
    Half an hour before, they had been gathered in the bars in their hundreds, when a column of openly belligerent russians marching in formation and singing the russian national anthem crossed the port in front of them from left to right. Bottle throwing soon ensued from both sides. The police, instead of placing a cordon, stupidly fired teargas indiscriminatley at the english mass and once they were dispersed, the russians, organized on militia lines, simply charged up one side street. There were England fans drinking on terraces away from the port, who were caught completely unawares, among them are the two family men who are still in comas. The video shows a mainly non aggressive and confused attitude of English fans but also shows solitary hard cases angrily trying to get them to go after the russians who have moved on a couple of blocks, attacking everyone in their path.

The first 30 seconds shows what your middle class commentator believes was an occupation. Fans gather you Twat.

Minute 2.20 russians can be seen (on left)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  3. The Boy

The Boy danny la rouge is probably wrong.

If the English thugs hadn't attacked the boisterous, but ultimately harmless, working class Russians causing them to be forced to defend themselves and, as a result, be unjustly deported from France then they would still be peacefully enjoying the football rather than getting involved in fisticuffs with violent Spanish ultras in Germany.

Easy game this.

otzenpunk and heinous seamus like this.
  4. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Anudder Oik likes this.
  5. Anudder Oik

6. Anudder Oik

He basically sums it up. The motivation for all this is not coming from England fans or even English firms. The responsibility has now passed on to hardened Hooligans from the east.

7. Anudder Oik

Croatia fans disrupting the match throwing flares on pitch during game.

8. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

The picture you are trying to paint is of a once aggressive England hooligan element, now retired, who just want be left in peace, but history means everyone's fancies a crack at them, and these poor lads are forever having to defend themselves against the upstarts, and so they are innocent and deserve our sympathy.

The reality imo is that there's a hoolie element in uk football that has little changed, that are as big arseholes as ever, and continue to act up as much as ever, and so deserve no sympathy.... No real hoolie would want sympathy anyway.

It may well be true that other countries hoolies are even harder, even more far right, but that relative extreme doesn't turn the English thugs into angels.

I do have sympathy for innocent fans who might get caught up in this by mistake and accidentally being in the wrong place at the wrong time

9. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

What point is he trying to make here?

Pickman's model likes this.
  10. Skyfallsz

Skyfallsz Increase the positivity Banned

Nobody was saying that the England fans were completely innocent, the only time they were called angels was that Russian politician being sarcastic
    The hooligan element is completely different to the 70s and 80s England 'fans' as is proved by the fact that there isn't massive trouble at games in England or when English teams go to Europe. Also, there isn't much connection to far right or far left groups, unlike on the continent.

Some of the chanting and acting up by England fans has been embarrassing, of course with such a large group you get some right dickheads, but they are completely different to old school hooligans, you can also tell this by the big fight in Marseille that they filmed, pretty much all of the English guys who retaliated looked like they didn't know how to fight

Anudder Oik likes this.
  11. Anudder Oik

It's not might, it's did.

No doubt there are random English hooligans out there, but are they in organized firms? I haven't seen any footage so far of English hoolies behaving like the Russians or even the Marseille ultras, ie, in organized packs, and there's loads of videos about Marseille, Lille, etc.

You'd think someone would have filmed them by now but no evidence of them so far. Just normal fans reacting to a situation or defending themselves.

Apparently there was trouble between some French and Albanians in a fan zone during their game. According to the radio interview with Cas Pennant, the Hungarians, Ukraine and Russians are all operating the same way.

12. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

13. Anudder Oik

So, it was a protest against corruption.

A part of the fans have lost faith in the Croatian Football Federation and have accused it of widespread corruption and so actively try to dicredit their own team to provoke a change..Looks like most of the fans at the stadium didn't like their protest and turned on them.

Euro 2016, sponsored by Game of Thrones.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  14. sealion

sealion Marilise Legijuana

I think it's a very poor attempt at humour.

15. passenger

passenger up and down...

this did make me chuckle

yyyy.jpg

Dandred likes this.
  16. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

poles are hard working and virtuose
    the brit working classes are lazy violent shits

thats how it reads.

17. Mr Moose

Mr Moose What the hell are we supposed to tell the kids?

It's sad that we invent these sports and then Johnny Foreigner takes them to another level.

18. Mr Moose

Mr Moose What the hell are we supposed to tell the kids?

The 'magazine' looks like it should be called 'Nationalist Elephant Seal'

passenger likes this.
  19. ska invita

I agree - they're not the same at the 70s/80s equivalents - they're a lot wealthier, not as hard, less neo-nazi, more beer belly maybe - but they front as much as ever, and the fact they may have slipped down the rankings of Biggest Hooligan Arseholes (who the Russians seem to be very keen to prove are the biggest) doesn't mean they aren't in the same league and playing the same sport as their eastern european cousins.

Ive got a friend who comes from a Firm family - havent spoken to him in a while, but last time I did he was saying that the inter firm fights still go on, but its a lot more organised and away from the stadiums.

I dont think its The Same as it was in the past, but the idea that its gone away and everyone can now play the Who Me? Im Innocent card is a joke - and I think Oik has been playing that card in this thread.

I had a very quick google for hooliganism in the UK Stats and I found this
    Increase in young football hooligans, say police - BBC News
    #Football hooliganism is back on the rise: See how your club performs in the league of shame
    and this which i dont have time to read
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...740/Football_Arrest_BO_Statistics_2012-13.pdf

20. Pickman's model

Pickman's model The word of Sin is Restriction

lots of successful trolling on the boards

21. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Apart from the fact that the post doesn't mention the British working classes at all.

22. DotCommunist

doesn't need to

23. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Clearly not, when it's all in your head.

Anudder Oik likes this.
  24. DotCommunist

course. Just chippy me again, deffo not an impliction that you can't read.

25. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Nail on head. He's clearly referring to Polish immigrants who live and work in France. Nothing to do with the British working classes at all.

26. sealion

Banning orders are handed out for next to nothing nowadays. Refusing to sit down,Throwing a wanker sign,Smoking:eek:
    Police 'paid' to seek football banning orders
    Football banning orders are out of control | Rupert Myers

JimW and Pickman's model like this.
  27. ska invita

I dont doubt that (interesting link), but theres a bigger argument here which is against the beautiful picture of No More Hooliganism in English football and that they're all dear little lambs being picked on....not hooligans, they were only smoking... I say there IS still real bad old fashioned thuggery and yobbery that goes on, and theyre as much a part of the problem as always

28. Skyfallsz

Skyfallsz Increase the positivity Banned

Even the Poland fans one was funnier

29. sealion

Agreed and yes it still goes on but on a smaller scale than previous years.I see oaps having a sneaky fag at halftime but doubt they are out for a tear up. Also if the ob are profiting from issuing banning orders then they will dish them out like confetti.

30. Pickman's model

Pickman's model The word of Sin is Restriction