Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Essential Trump/Alt-Right Ridicule Thread

spring-peeper

First private border wall section built, group says

A private group seeking to fund and build a wall on the border between the U.S. and Mexico says it has completed a half-mile of the barrier, according to The Washington Times. It is reportedly the first such privately-funded and built construction.

Organizers with We Build the Wall say the group has sealed off a break in existing border fencing near the <b>state line between Texas and Arizona using an 18-foot steel bollard wall[/b]. It's a similar design to those used by the Border Patrol, according to the Times, and cost about $8 million.

“We’re closing a gap that’s been a big headache” for the Border Patrol, former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach (R), the group’s general counsel, told The Washington Times.
link shows a video of the wall being built.

Fun fact: Arizonia and Texas do not share a border. New Mexico is between them. Another fun fact: most Americans think New Mexico belongs to Mexico.

map.jpg

spring-peeper

Franklin Graham calls for 'Special Day of Prayer' to protect Trump from enemies

“President Trump’s enemies continue to try everything to destroy him, his family, and the presidency. In the history of our country, no president has been attacked as he has. I believe the only hope for him, and this nation, is God,” Graham wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday.

“This is a critical time for America. We’re on the edge of a precipice. Time is short. We need to pray for God to intervene. We need to ask God to protect, strengthen, encourage, and guide the President,” he continued.

spring-peeper

White House tried to hide USS John McCain’s name during Donald Trump’s visit to Japan: reports

The Wall Street Journal reported on an email that a U.S. Indo-Pacific Command official sent to U.S. Navy and Air Force officials following discussions with the White House Military Office and the U.S. Navy’s Seventh Fleet.

That email, outlining plans for the president’s visit, included the following directive: “USS John McCain needs to be out of sight.”

An anonymous U.S. official told the Journal that Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan knew there was concern about the USS John McCain.
The Washington Post quoted a senior Navy official confirming his knowledge that someone from the White House had sent a message asking that the USS John McCain be excluded from any pictures when Trump visited.

Pictures subsequently captured the warship with a tarp covering its name, the official told the newspaper.

The Post went on to say that Navy officials instructed personnel to stop doing this when they figured out what was going on.

Artaxerxes

Apparently #tradwife and #tradlife is a thing and I'm getting food poisoning just from seeing the cooking associated with it.

Reactions: CRI

ItWillNeverWork

Messy Crimbobs, fellow humans.
Apparently #tradwife and #tradlife is a thing and I'm getting food poisoning just from seeing the cooking associated with it.

I've no idea what this has to do with Trump, but if he came round my house cooking that shit I'd kick him right out the front door. Yummy, grey meat in dishwater. :hmm:

spring-peeper

Trump tells UK he 'wouldn't pay' $50 billion Brexit divorce bill - CNNPolitics

Less than 24 hours before Donald Trump is set to touch down in the United Kingdom on his first state visit to the country, the US President has sent Britain's political establishment into a spin -- telling the UK it should "walk away" from Brexit talks if the European Union does not give it what it wants.

"If you don't get the deal you want, if you don't get a fair deal, then you walk away," the President told British newspaper the Sunday Times, ahead of his three-day state visit, which kicks off on Monday.

Trump said if he were in the UK's position he "wouldn't pay" the $50 billion Brexit divorce bill, adding "it's a tremendous number."

The President also repeated his suggestion -- previously made to Prime Minister Theresa May -- that the UK should sue the EU. When asked how this would work, Trump said he would have put "on the table" the "mistakes made by the EU that cost the UK a lot of money and a lot of harm."

Trump's visit comes at a delicate time in British politics, with Westminster in a deadlock over Brexit negotiations and the clock ticking towards an October 31 exit date.

CRI

Registered Chooser
In some places it's true though.

Also, when I was 15 or 16, I went on a 4H trip to Washington, DC, on a coach from Southern Illinois with about 30 other kids from a 3 or 4 county local area. To be fair, for some it was the first trip they'd taken further than the next state, but when we made our first stop, there were a few who couldn't figure why we were going East, when Washington is on the West Coast. :facepalm:

Ming

Massive prawns

Also, when I was 15 or 16, I went on a 4H trip to Washington, DC, on a coach from Southern Illinois with about 30 other kids from a 3 or 4 county local area. To be fair, for some it was the first trip they'd taken further than the next state, but when we made our first stop, there were a few who couldn't figure why we were going East, when Washington is on the West Coast. :facepalm:
As an ex-pat that confused me for a little bit.

petee

i'm spartacus

oh i have a story like that too.

let me tell you it. ex-wife's father has a check drawn on an NM bank. teller says, "sorry, we don't accept foreign checks." he says, "please consult with your manager." she does, comes back, "sorry, we don't accept foreign checks."

my ex was as much from the mountains as that bank teller and told me that for yucks. so even in Appalachia people know that NM is a state, never mind here in so-phis-tic-a-ted Manhattan.

"most Americans..." tho'. :facepalm:

Last edited:

existentialist

Fabulous shoes
mr may has farted and the rest of them are concerned the others will think it's them
I think you've nailed it. Because, of course, if you've just cut the cheese, as any fule kno, the best way of making sure nobody thinks it's you, is to express more disgust at the stench than anyone else is.

I'm just not sure it was Mr May - I think they all farted simultaneously, probably at the prospect of having to look serious and genuine for more than 5 seconds.

spring-peeper

Boston’s Straight Pride Parade Is Even Worse Than You Think

The internet went wild on Tuesday with the news that Boston would host a Straight Pride Parade for straight people who claim they’re an “oppressed majority.” One Twitter jokester recommended that the parade take a “straight” route right into the Boston harbor.

Straight Pride organizer Mark Sahady announced the parade on Facebook, claiming he received permits for the event that would likely take place on August 31.

But Sahady isn’t just a particularly aggrieved straight dude. Instead, he has a long history participating in controversial right-wing events around Boston as an organizer for Resist Marxism, a group Chapman founded at the height of the fame he earned attacking left-wing anti-fascist activists with his eponymous “stick.”

Chapman appears to no longer be involved with the group now that he’s facing felony charges in two states over two assaults. But Sahady has taken up his position, organizing Resist Marxism events around the Boston area.

In Facebook posts, Sahady has endorsed the far-right “helicopter” meme, which calls for liberals to be thrown from helicopters as in Augusto Pinochet’s Chile.

“We may get to throw anti-American communists from helicopters sooner than we thought,” Sahady wrote in one Facebook post.