1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erotic Art?

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Stanley Edwards, Jan 12, 2018.

1. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

I don't think it is one of your best ideas. Honestly.

If you are going to be based in the same place for at least a year I would have thought getting a portfolio of works together and having an exhibition, at rather more than your usual prices, could be a better bet.

friedaweed and dessiato like this.
  2. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Can you do cum-faces though ;)

[​IMG]

ShiftyBagLady likes this.
  3. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral. Banned

No. I've tried a mirror, but keep closing my eyes at the critical moment :(

friedaweed and IC3D like this.
  4. existentialist

existentialist Spartacus? No, never heard of him.

I learned a new phrase today.

"Bless your heart"

:thumbs:

5. existentialist

Regardless of your competence wrt "sensitivity to the human form", I think that your sensitivity to the human mind could use further work.

6. alcopop

alcopop Well-Known Member

The naive hippy stuff isn’t very good, though I suppose it may have a market amongst naive hippies?

His best bet is to stick with the competent draughtsmanship of the architectural drawings. They are inoffensive

It’s when he tries to be an “artist” that he lets himself down

existentialist and bimble like this.
  7. Stanley Edwards

People probably said the same things about Van Gogh ;)

dessiato likes this.
  8. Stanley Edwards

Or, even Munch (as he's here).

9. existentialist

When I first encountered the Stanley Oeuvre (on here), I remember thinking that the architectural stuff must be by a different artist than the life stuff.

10. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

I didn't realise that was a ahegao painting.

do not google ahegao at work.

NoXion and friedaweed like this.
  11. bimble

bimble noisy but small

What life stuff, does he do bowls of fruit too? Its black and white accurate sketches of buildings or else primary colour fantasy cartoon hippie stuff of naked faceless ladies and mystical symbols isn’t it?

alcopop likes this.
  12. existentialist

I was being Tactful. But yes, I meant the primary colour fantasy cartoon hippie stuff of naked faceless ladies and mystical symbols :thumbs:

Pickman's model, alcopop and bimble like this.
  13. Stanley Edwards

I do all sorts. However, I think these Three examples probably represent my style of the last 10 years, or so most consistently. Things haven't really changed that much. Call them cartoon if you like :)

trinidad.png

suza.jpg
    Mural. 3 Meters x 3 Meters (approx).

steffi.jpg
    Oil on canvas.

I might try and find some stuff that is very different in subject and media just for comparison. I'm not afraid to put everything out on the web - even the stuff I think is horrendously bad. I doubt there is a single artist who has ever lived on this planet who likes all they create.

I suppose my photography is about as different as it gets. That has been shortlisted for 'Art Photography' awards at international level, but not everybody is going to appreciate it!

berlin03.jpg
    :)

14. alcopop

alcopop Well-Known Member

Googled “crappy naive hippie art”

Attached Files:

kabbes and bimble like this.
  15. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

16. Stanley Edwards

Personally, I think that has more merit than most of what I see. Very different to my own style as far as I'm concerned - a Million miles away. Thanks ;)

17. bimble

bimble noisy but small

is she wearing invisible stilettos?:confused: IMG_6139 copy.png

18. bubblesmcgrath

bubblesmcgrath Well-Known Member

I prefer your architectural style.

Pickman's model likes this.
  19. Stanley Edwards

You just lost all credibility whatsoever as a critic of art of absolutely any sort. That was the sort of comment D. Trump would try to make about art.

dessiato likes this.
  20. bimble

bimble noisy but small

21. Stanley Edwards

Most people do. It is much more 'accessible' - easier to understand. It is all simplified to a very base level. Just black ink on paper. The difference between myself and a draftsman (as has been said here), is that my own architectural style is my own. It is distinctive, full of life and movement - every architectural study is unique, not a replication of a rigid reality, but close enough. Where as my paintings are only just about hanging on to reality.

bubblesmcgrath likes this.
  22. bubblesmcgrath

I thought she might be tip toeing as there was possibly a lot of dog poo around....judging by the ugly hound nearby.

Pickman's model and bimble like this.
  23. bubblesmcgrath

I don't think it's all about understanding. Your drawings are pleasing to look at. They're very well done. You manage to bring some life and movement into them ...
    The other style is meant (I think) to be freer but it ends up tight and rather contrived imo. There is no real sense of movement despite the efforts to create movement.

Pickman's model and bimble like this.
  24. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Come along now admit it, if you don't love the paintings it can only be because you're too stupid to understand them. :thumbs:

25. Stanley Edwards

Can't find the paintings I would like to post here now. Another hippy cartoon from a very long time ago, and another anti-hippy photograph from even longer ago.

darro.jpg

dand.jpg

I should really put a permanent website (other than my blog) back up somewhere.

dessiato likes this.
  26. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

i like the cthulhu in top right corner

[​IMG]

27. Stanley Edwards

Understanding has very little to do with intelligence as far as art is concerned. Could be quite the opposite in fact.

28. Stanley Edwards

I think it is the perfect example of extreme contrast in styles and media. Ultra real photography compared to fantastical landscape. Both are based on a reality, bot are purely from my own perspective at the time.

29. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Right. Too spiritually unevolved. I'll admit that this is all a bit personal and some of my piss-taking is not really meant for you; My hippie mother makes art that's uncomfortably similar to yours in some ways (the primary colours, the heavy handed symbolism etc) and I'm too repressed/nice to have ever really told her what i think of it. Grew up surrounded by the stuff.:(

bubblesmcgrath likes this.
  30. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

How about something in the style of van Klomp?
    [​IMG]