England fans-do you sing "Rule Britannia" and "God Save the Queen" at internationals?

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Bunjaj Pali

Bunjaj Pali registered dub abuser

Yawn

2. Jonti

Jonti what the dormouse said

:hmm:

3. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

Born in Britain = British. End of.

4. ernestolynch

ernestolynch Banned Banned

If a dog ...etc

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

No one's been disputing that have they?

Mind you, born in Wales = Welsh, first and foremost. End of.

6. ernestolynch

You suggesting Terry Butcher should not have played for England?

7. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I've long said, unless it's the Pistols version, "GSTQ" shouldn't be the default English Anthem, and we should have our own distinct song. My personal preference would be "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life", complete with the whistling. :cool:

8. mk12

mk12 Well-Known Member

I have never been to watch England play, because I couldn't bear to be surrounded by people that boo players from the club I support. Muppets, the lot of 'em.

9. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Awww, wee sensitive soul aren't you.....

10. mk12

mk12 Well-Known Member

I just hate fans who boo their own players, that's all.

11. ernestolynch

Thought you Trots were directed to 'support' non-imperialist nations anyway...

12. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

I know they're so bad, I mean they should just sit there and be grateful for the privilege of paying through the nose and only be able to make sounds of approval.....

13. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

Recent evidence suggests otherwise. The long held assumption that celts-moved west and were displaced by anglo saxons is looking increasingly a product of myth.

14. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

To answer the OP. I wouldn't sing any sport song unless I was watching it live. And if I was watching live then you sing whatever your side are singing. If it's a crap song, then it's a crap song. But that's part of what live sport is about.

15. ernestolynch

Thanks for that. I'm sure you'll get loads of evidence on Stormfront to back up that White Nationalist viewpoint.

16. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

I keep trying to do my research on their site, but every time I get distracted by the Stormfront Wives picture archive.

17. ernestolynch

Who could resist the comely charms of Lynne Mozar...

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Links?

19. GarfieldLeChat

GarfieldLeChat fucking awesome but wrong

no that would be negative jingoism which we all know isn't tolerated round these parts positive jingoism is fine, it's tanned ones we don't want to upset not the leak eating sheep fuckers.... I mean I've even got welsh friends so know where I sit...:facepalm::D

20. Clint Iguana

Clint Iguana not an undercover cop

We don't lower ourselves to such antics in wales :p

ETA.... by that i mean booing our own (welsh or cardiff city) players - I suppose if you support Chelski the majority of your team will play for countries other than England.

21. Jonti

This is true.

The "celtic" insistence they were driven into the hills and islands by an influx of "anglo-saxons" looks increasingly untenable ...
    Again: it simply shouldn't matter. But, while people make a fuss about racial origins and original inhabitants, it's sensible to know what really happened.

22. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

I don't sing anything anywhere anymore :( Decades of smoking has totally fucked my voice :(

23. ernestolynch

Must be true. You read it on Stormfront after all.

24. Jonti

No, but I am very interested in how stories like this are used by the likes of both you and stormfront to promote racist shit-stirring.

25. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

There are two historical factors that undermine the Celtic displacement myths. The first is the scarcity/absence of archeological evidence for a large Saxon invasion, and Celtic massacre/movement. Secondly there is the modern genetic studies that, although contested, and as ernesto rightly points eagerly picked up by the BNP, are credible studies of the current genetic make-up of these islands. These seem to suggest that the movement of peoples prior and post Roman times are not as distinct as previously assumed.

26. ernestolynch

Err, you're the one peddling the white nation agenda.

27. ernestolynch

Yet all the written accounts from the time, from all sides, dispute this modern British unionist/nationalist revision.

28. Jonti

Who is this clown? :D

29. Jonti

I'm interested in learning more about these legends, if anyone has any pointers.

30. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

I thought there was just the Tacitus stuff? I didn't realise there were other written accounts.