England cricket 2017

Discussion in 'general sports' started by DrRingDing, Oct 6, 2016.

1. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Yeah, it's a snapchat thing and he does.

Badgers likes this.
  2. Wilf

Wilf Cocksucking Angry Columbo

Well, if he makes the Ashes, this will add another layer to the sledging.

3. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

He's not going to the ashes, not this time around anyway.

4. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Yes, I've just seen it.

Fuck him. Couldn't care less if he never plays again.

Calamity1971 and Badgers like this.
  5. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

Quite cynical timing from someone selling that one on. Unless the express has been sitting on it for a bit.

What a total fucking prick though. I highly highly doubt he was a knight in shining armour to a gay couple.

Spymaster and Badgers like this.
  6. Teaboy

What is with that poor kid? Its like catnip to people. Is it his mum they have an issue with so they think he's fair game?

Anyway, everyone looking forward to him smashing it around in the Big Bash at exactly the same time just down the road England are getting skittled?

Wilf likes this.
  7. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

Yep. Could be a blessing in disguise for him in a way. He’ll be a T20 mercenary in all the big leagues around the world now, a la KP. Can’t see him pulling on an England shirt again.

Badgers likes this.
  8. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Why do you highly doubt it?

9. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Back in the day a mate of mine, 6' 4" and a stilt walker, shared the same agent as, and was in panto with, a well-known charity walker. My mate got extra money for acting as well-known charity walker's bodyguard/minder. Well-known charity walker needed the minder, if not the bodyguard ("I can snort anyone under the table").

Stokes will never get a knighthood now. Just saying it's all a bit arbitrary.

Badgers likes this.
  10. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

It casts doubt on it for me too. The bloke's quite happy to take the piss out of a disabled kid, but would stick-up for a couple of gay lads?

Badgers likes this.
  11. squirrelp

squirrelp Banned Banned

I don't think he will be found guilty and should not even be charged. They had to arrest him on the night of course - no option there.

As I see it this is all about the bottle. I have no doubt a magistrate / judge will take a very dim view of the bottle.

Honestly, how would Stokes be sure that antagonists willing to throw bottles once would not do so again if he turned his back?

I don't think it matters really that the guy sparked out didn't throw the bottle, as by attacking Stokes rather than his bottle throwing mate, he is then complicit.

Badgers likes this.
  12. paulhackett

paulhackett voiced by strother martin

When Cook was verbally abused by an MCC member on his way through the Lord's Pavilion, Stokes jumped in (verbally) for his (team)mate.

On his way into the Pavilion, like many other players do, he stopped for a young disabled cricket-playing lad. He could have kept walking.

Whatever he is, he's not a cock.

Or a saint.

If there are or have been cocks in the Dressing Room, he's not one of them. They tend to now be in the media.

13. Wilf

Wilf Cocksucking Angry Columbo

I agree he's very unlikely to get found guilty, if he even gets charged. But, without going back to check the video, the last 15 seconds of it (when he sparks the bloke out) are clearly him getting his revenge. FWIW I don't think he should get charged on the evidence of the video, it's more that he's a fucking idiot for putting himself in that situation mid-series.

14. Teaboy

How does Jake Ball keep getting picked? 4 times this season he's gone for 80+ in ODI's. Somehow he's managed to get on the ashes tour as well. He must be a good guy because that seems to be the main selection criteria at the moment.

Yet Plunkett who has had an excellent summer and has pace doesn't get a sniff.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    SpookyFrank likes this.
  15. OzT

OzT Online early mornings when at work ....

Well I for one will be disappointed he may not be playing in the Ashes. Both sides wil want to take on the best of the other side, and he is a good player no doubt.

Trouble is if he goes to Oz and one night out for a drink there'll bound to be some baiting by the locals, specially as he's a kiwi playing for England :) Though to be fair I'm sure if an aussie is touring here with a bit of a history he'll get a few choice words when he goes out for a drink!

It will be a tough tour for him then, either stay indoors after playing or have to really hold his temper in check when out at the bars.

16. littlebabyjesus

Got other shit on so haven't responded to this.

Now I have the time, and your response is poor. 'Nice' you say to my response to your attack on me. Why the fuck should I not respond like that? Your follow-up just confirms that my response was about right - you tell me about two arguments I did not use on a different thread about a different issue.

Sort yourself out.

17. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Very nice.

I disagreed with you about what the implications are for "spirit of cricket" and somehow this is an attack on you? If disagreements are attacks then you are attacking people here on a daily basis. At no point did I make it remotely personal to you or about you.

There's only one person here making personal attacks, and it ain't me. "What are you wittering about", ffs. Yeah, MY response was the poor one alright.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  18. squirrelp

squirrelp Banned Banned

19. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

He’s not a kiwi you fucking idiot. He moved here as a young kid and learned his trade here. He’s a Pom. He’s ginger for fucks sake.

He’s obviously England’s most important player and it’s really shit he won’t be touring. England will still win in my estimation but stokes is one of those rare players who makes you really focus on the box when he comes on to bat or bowl. It’s a real shame.

Has Ben Stokes’ late night out and arrest already lost England the Ashes?

Badgers likes this.
  20. paulhackett

paulhackett voiced by strother martin

He wears a box when he bowls? I never knew.

OzT, Casual Observer and Badgers like this.
  21. OzT

OzT Online early mornings when at work ....

Probably as much as Glenn stepping on a cricket ball playing knockabout Rules morning before the game cost the Aussies the Ashes. But teams should never be reliant on just one player.

22. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

Does anybody feel a bit sorry for Ben Stokes? One moment of idiocy and it looks like that’s his career completely fucked. Losing the NB contract yet another kick in the balls.

23. butchersapron

It doesn't look like his career is fucked in the slightest. You've had some serious time to calm down from your earlier OTT post by now.

24. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

How was that OTT?

25. butchersapron

Because his career is not fucked. In the same way that brexit didn't mean you have to leave The UK.

26. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

Er...? Am I missing something?

27. Teaboy

The New Balance thing is a bit odd as they're currently one of the England kit sponsors. So he'll be wearing their garb regardless.

He'll easily pick up another bat sponsor, whether for the same sort of cash I dunno but he'll be welcome back to IPL for mega bucks regardless (unless he is in jail of course). I think taking the piss out of a disabled kid probably did more damage to his reputation tbh.

I still think he'll go to court for the brawl, I don't really see it won't. Given the video the CPS will have to put that in front of a court to decide, surely? I suspect an expensive brief will probably get him off (a la Gerrard) but I can't see how it doesn't end up in court.

28. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Yeah I'd guess it'll end up in court. I also suspect the England hierarchy are already working out how soon they can get him back in for all the different scenarios that might come out of that. He'll be back as soon as they can manage it (slight delay to look repentant if he gets convicted, otherwise straight in probably).

29. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Yeah that it doesn't at all look like his career is fucked, it's a short term mess not a career ender

30. littlebabyjesus

Yep, my guess is start of next summer. Can't see any way he's in Australia now. IPL is a bit of a tricky one - can he brazenly take the million quid there directly after missing a massive England winter? Good manners would suggest that he stand down from the IPL for a year if he misses the Ashes/NZ.