1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enfield Town vs Dulwich Hamlet -2nd Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Who is in then?

2. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Should be there snapping.

Fingers likes this.
  3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Definitely going. Oystercard awayday, although with a Network Card discount you can get a One Day Travelcard with a one third discount for £8.10, which is going to be cheaper than the Oystercard daily cap for Zones 1-5. There are no scheduled engineering works on any of the relevant rail routes: Liverpool St - Enfield Town or Southbury via Seven Sisters (half hourly service on each line, similar walking distance from either station) or Moorgate - Enfield Chase via Highbury & Islington, which has a half hourly service and is further from the ground, but there are four bus routes from outside the station along the main road taking you to the junction with Ladysmith Road.

Ground is the QE2 stadium in Donkey Lane, and can be accessed via Cambridge Gardens off the A10 if walking from Southbury station, or via a footpath off Ladysmith Road if walking travelling from Enfield Town. It's just over 1 mile to walk from either station. Map linked:

Location Map.

Fingers likes this.
  4. Fingers

is there anywhere decent to have a beer? Can't remember where we went last time

pompeydunc likes this.
  5. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Miles away from anywhere isn't it, although the clubhouse is OK.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather but if I perk up tomorrow I'm in. Been a while for me.

Fingers likes this.
  6. Fingers

OK maybe straight there then. Give me a shout if you are going and I will meet you at Tooting tube.

7. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

If you need directions:

upload_2017-12-1_14-7-55.png

WillClunas, takkforalt and Fingers like this.
  8. Son of Roy

Son of Roy This time next year we'll be millionaires

Isn't Donkey Lane the worst name for a road leading to a football ground? I can't be the only one that finds this amusing.

Ron Merlin likes this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Cuntybollocks Crescent might be worse. If it existed.

Ron Merlin likes this.
  10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

But it does mean their fans can call their home the Donkey Dome!

11. Dulwich Mishi

I raise you...Shepshed Dynamo, from the Midland League:

Shepshed Dynamo F.C.
    The Dovecote Stadium
    Butthole Lane
    Shepshed
    Leicestershire
    LE12 9BN

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Lyham, Ron Merlin, editor and 8 others like this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. Pink Panther

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The BASTARDS!

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

1-1 and it's our man Reise Allassani again!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

1-2 Arsenuggets.

:(

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

We're sunk! 1-3

:(

18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

A first half to forget.
    Their first goal looked like it was fumbled by Preston before he was fouled, but wait for dhfcTV to confirm that.

The second half started well, the equaliser came quick and we had a good few chance to go ahead as well.
    This freekick from Carew was one.

But their 2nd was taken well and it just seemed to go Dulwich's way.

19. Cyclodunc

20. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

too many players out of sorts yesterday ,all a bit disjointed. Green just back from injury was not going forward enough , cracking second goal for them by their number 7 ,slaloming across the defence and smashing it in the top corner .Brilliant free kick from carew which was saved by their keeper and a little bit of magic from allassani ,one plus point was seeing clunis back a lot quicker than was first expected .

Nivag and Pink Panther like this.
  21. Pink Panther

Admittedly I was 100 yards away but my impression was that he took the ball cleanly above his head and it was only dislodged by their player barging into him. If he'd fumbled the ball it would have dropped at his feet, not veered into the net like that. I can't believe many referees would have allowed that to stand.

The real turning point was conceding the second against the run of play after we'd equalised then battered them for the next 15 mins.

We didn't turn up for the first half and Enfield were the poorest side to take a point from us this season by a distance.

22. Cyclodunc

Photos should also be on the club site soon too. Just waiting for approval

23. Pink Panther

Looks less of a foul in slow motion replay than it did at the time, but I still reckon plenty of referees would have disallowed it. Clearly Preston should have come flying off his line and flattened his opponent with a knee raised to the head as their keeper did to Weathers.

24. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I agree it should have been a foul, regardless of how soft it was, Preston had the ball in hand, but I feel he could have held that or least get the ball away from danger.

The tackle on Marc was rough, no wonder he went off at halftime but it was a classic bit of goalkeeping, collect the ball and everything in the way!

25. Pink Panther

That was a coward's challenge. He comfortably cleared the ball with a strong punch, there was no excuse for going in the way he did, it didn't help him reach the ball. Any outfield player taking someone out like that gets at least a yellow card. Weathers could easily have been seriously injured.

26. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

There's an Enfield Town fan next to me at work, apparently they do call it the Donkey Dome

27. Dulwich Mishi

Yep, that's why I used the expression...

marty21 and Pink Panther like this.