Eminem Kamikaze. C-Rap not C-Rap

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by friedaweed, Sep 14, 2018.

1. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Can't help but like it TBH even though part of me feels like I'm being a terribly dirteh old man who should know better listening to this sort of thing at my age :oops:

Bit of audio induced nostalgia on the production level I suppose and have to agree with some of the reviews. If he was a boxer this would be a good ugly swansong to kerching and retire on :D But it's actually a bit better than that.

I feel terrible for starting this thread but that bass boom and snap snap Rabbit is better than any of the poppy shite he's done for a while and I just can't help enjoying the sound of it.:oops:

Waddaya thinx Urbs?

I'll go back to folk music on Monday:thumbs:

2. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm interested in his new one, but I might pick up one or two of his early LPs if I see them in a charity shop. They were done with Dre during his post G-funk era, which is listenable enough. Plus I listened to 2001 yesterday, and Eminem, Snoop and the late, great Nate Dogg are the best things about that.

crossthebreeze likes this.
  3. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Flicked through it just now. It's kind of boring isn't it? I mean he's still good at the whole rapid lyrical thing but he's no Chas 'n' Dave. Production is fine but dull. It's like he didn't get why he was popular the first time round, that the angry ranting persona was also absurd and pathetic, and now he wants us to take it seriously.

friedaweed likes this.
  4. Kesher

Kesher 이달의 소녀 Banned

Eminem = monotonous whining. And that's being kind.

5. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

[​IMG]

FridgeMagnet likes this.
  6. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

:D

FridgeMagnet likes this.
  7. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

I heard he called Tyler the Creator, a man with more talent in his hair than eminem has in his whole body, a faggot. So on that basis, I'm out.

8. Kesher

Kesher 이달의 소녀 Banned

There is a whole range of things that the "Rap Hitler" has said that you could have been out on

9. londonkid

londonkid Well-Known Member

Pretty good

10. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

it was leavened by humour back then. But you're right tho, the wind changed and his face was stuck like that.

I gave this a spin to see if there was anything but aside from a couple of tracks its largely forgettable. And you can tell everyone slagged his last album because he mentions it a lot on this one.

11. ice-is-forming

ice-is-forming Well-Known Member

You're a youth worker aren't you? Goes with the territory ;)

friedaweed and fizzerbird like this.
  12. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

13. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Liking Killshot :oops:

14. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

Not crap and much much better than his previous effort.

15. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Reading the credits, it looks like he's ignored his own advice and forgotten about Dre.