1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elm Park Tavern, Brixton - chat and news

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Orang Utan, Jan 15, 2007.

1. artyfarty

artyfarty A shed on a ditch.

It's even noisier now as there are no soft furnishings to absorb the noise, with the bar shelves gone the tiles behind the bar just make it worse. On the plus side the smell from the bogs of detol or whatever it was has gone!

2. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually know what the beer was ?

Alex

3. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

Went for Sunday lunch, on Sunday obv. Pretty decent grub, beers ace, wine OK.
    Staff were lovely!
    Will go back and try mid week evening food.... soon

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Does it matter now? Ruby Toogood clearly said, "I was actually there and they googled the beer to check what it was supposed to look like before complaining."

5. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

This is the problem with the internet: Individual opinions and experiences, which until the advent of the WWW had had a limited impact on the fortunes of a business, are now seen as carrying a potentially critical influence thanks to the power of the interwebs.

FFIW I’d like to think most people will still have the presence of mind to give a place a go regardless of what they might have read about it based on the experiences of one or two anonymous punters on the net. But I can’t blame the owners of the businesses in question for being apprehensive about what iymt’s published online about them.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They're more than welcome to post their thoughts here without any censorship at all. As far as I can see almost all previous mentions of the place have been positive - in fact, many urbs used to go to the quiz there (myself included). So it's not a hostile forum at all.

But just to put the record straight about this instance: these weren't random internet people with an axe grind.

Some of them are long term urban posters and many in the group are people I know personally and almost all of them are long, long term Brixtonites. They're the kind of people who like to support pubs and that's why around 20 of them went along to the Elm Park Tavern. To piss them off so completely really is some achievement.