1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by editor, Nov 6, 2012.

1. hendo

hendo Fish finger sandwiches

There's too much to do.

2. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

not played in a year - but this thread got me interested again. Thinking of starting all over again from scratch- should i buy "horizons"?

S☼I and hendo like this.
  3. hendo

Yes because Landing On Planets. I always wanted to do this in the original and now we can. And there are Thargoid bases to find etc etc. Thargoidbase.jpg

4. S☼I

S☼I Fiending for knismesis

And engineers, who have made it possible for me to own a ship that jumps 58.8 light years at a time

Kaka Tim and hendo like this.
  5. Kaka Tim

got horizons. so how do i land on planets? do some planets have space ports? The passenger missions are new as well - with good money to be made it seems.

Still toying with the idea of starting over again. Ive got 3 ships and £50 million credits - but to need to relearn how to play the game.

6. S☼I

Kaka Tim On the system map it should tell you if a planet can be landed on if it has a blue curve round it. Then just fly at it. You'll enter orbit, keep the angle roughly 45 degrees and eventually you'll enter "glide". Then you'll come out of that a few km above the surface. Gently descend, don't forget to put yer landing gear down, use downward thrusters for the last couple of hundred metres. Best to try on a low gravity world (once a planet is scanned you can see the gravity).

hendo and Kaka Tim like this.
  7. S☼I

And yes there are planetary bases

8. Kaka Tim

ah cool! so you dont need special kit then? And am I right in thinking that you can buy a little buggy to go pootling about the planet on?

9. Kaka Tim

Oh - you cant join factions anymore. I never joined but was going to give it a try - was that feature a bit shit?

10. Cid

Cid 请等一下

You need a planetary vehicle hangar and a Scarab to go in it. Landing you just need to be cautious... At least for your first few goes. And avoid high gravity worlds...

11. hendo

Even I can do it.

12. Kanda

Kanda Diving wanker

When I was back in the UK in June I decided to chuck my old gaming PC in my luggage. GTX 660 ti... will Elite be cool with this?

13. Cid

Cid 请等一下

Horizons requires a GTX 470, going by google GTX 660 benchmarks higher, so should be fine.