Electro Acoustic guitar set up question

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Wookey, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Wookey

Wookey Playful as a pussy cat

I was bought a Tanglewood Odyssey electro acoustic many years ago,and promptly lost the battery pack which left said guitar unplayed for donkeys.

Now, I've gone and found the battery pack and want to get it set up again.. but I've long since lobbed the amp!

Does anyone have any suggestions on a small amp that I can use in my front room? Like, portable small and not too loud...and will it come with a connector cable to fit a standard audio jack...or is that separate?

I'm also really keen on a new intro level loop pedal for the same guitar. ..not a clue where to start, so wise me up urban!!
    Wooks

x

2. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

3. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

4. Wookey

S☼I likes this.
  5. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Orange micro terror or micro dark into a 1x10.
    Amazing value for the sound.
    I have a micro dark (only valve on pre amp) and the dark terror full valve, and to be honest the dark terror does not warrant the £300 extra price tag.
    Minis go from £100-£150 new.

6. xenon

xenon Radical efficiencies

For an electro acoustic? Fuck that.

7. ATOMIC SUPLEX

Why? Orange micro would be perfect. Dark not so much.

8. xenon

Something with a flat response or a specific acoustic amp would be better I think. Why pay for valve and crunchiness when that isn’t The acoustic thing. Get a good electro acoustic guitar transistor amp. Pedals if you need any other stuff..

Wookey likes this.
  9. xenon

Roland Micro Cube?

10. xenon

I don’t know man. I like Marshall. They do an acoustic amp.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Wookey likes this.
  11. Wookey

I'd need two inputs, one for guitar and one for mike. And it's only for practicing in me front room, I'll keep a separate one for Wembley.

12. Wookey

Ooh, that one is battery powered. ..me quite like the idea... (nascent busker )...

13. ATOMIC SUPLEX

You know what, I thought he said semi acoustic, whoops.
    I probably would still go with the orange micro. It is very nice flat and clean and warm. Doesn't have to crunch. I hate those modeling tranny cube things.