1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eeek! I've done a podcast!

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by clandestino, Jun 10, 2010.

1. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

2. clandestino

3. clandestino

Not long to go til Bowlie 2, so I thought it would be fun to put together a mixtape of some of the bands that are playing. We open and close with the curators, Belle & Sebastian (a bonus track from their new album, and then a live song from their set at the original Bowlie festival in 1999), and then take a meander through the best of the rest. Some new songs, some old songs, some you'll know inside out, others you may not have heard before, part primer, part mix to do your hair to on the night before you leave. Hope you enjoy it!

Listen here - http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/bowlie-2-mixtape/

4. clandestino

5. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

^^No chance of a DL on that is there Ian? I think Mixcould is play-only

[​IMG]

6. clandestino

Yes, here we go...
    <Link removed on request of poster>
    :)

7. clandestino

8. clandestino

Here's the new one.

A mixture of stuff for this one. Some brand new songs from Comet Gain, The Primitives, Crystal Stilts, The Lovely Eggs and Owl + Mouse. Some songs that I played at the recent HDIF night in central London. And some songs that I plan to play on Friday night's HDIF in Brixton. All-music, no-chat.

HDIF Podcast #8 - 2/2/11

Listen here - http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/hdif-podcast-8/

9. clandestino

it's been a while, but here's the new one...

Another mixture of stuff for this one. Brand new songs from Standard Fare, Bearsuit, Help Stamp Out Loneliness, Blood Oranges, The Heroes Of The Mexican Independence Movement, and Bear Response Team. Some indiepop classics from back in the day. Plus some soul songs played at recent HDIFs and at Great Big Kiss. One song in Italian! All music, no chat.

http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/hdif-podcast-9/

10. Padcore

Padcore Eat Cheese Everyday

I'm giving it a listen. I like listening I do.

11. clandestino

Here's the latest soul podcast...

Listen here - http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/great-big-kiss-podcast-5/

At the start of this week, I won a job lot of fifty northern and 60s soul records on ebay. Some super famous songs, some northern soul classics, some 70s funk cuts, a handful of northern instrumentals and a bunch of songs that I'd been after for ages. This is a collection of 17 of those singles - mostly A-sides, but a few choice B-sides too.

12. clandestino

Here's the new soul podcast..

Listen here - http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/great-big-kiss-podcast-6/

We start and end this Great Big Kiss podcast with two songs that share the same backing track. Laura Greene's "Music, Moonlight And You" is probably the better known of the two, but my favourite - mostly for the way the melodramatic spoken intro sets up the song - is Frankie And The Classicals' "What Shall I Do?". Elsewhere, we have my favourite ever northern soul single - "Do It" by Pat Powdrill - and "Luci Baines" by The American Four, who were fronted by a youthful, pre-Love, Arthur Lee (in fact, this song was his debut vocal recording). Plus the usual mix of northern soul, girl groups and rock'n'roll.

13. clandestino

14. clandestino

Here's the latest one!
    http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/great-big-kiss-podcast-8/

This month's podcast brings together most of the vinyl bits and pieces that I've picked up from boot fairs, record shops and ebay over the past few months, plus some vinyl treats that were already in my collection. Some have already been aired at Great Big Kiss, some will be played for the first time this Friday. As always, it's a foot-stomping, hip-shaking collection of girl groups, northern soul and rock'n'roll.

15. Sweet FA

Sweet FA ✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

Excellent work as always - cheers. GBK2 & GBK4 got a whole load of pensioners, teens and kids dancing on a campsite in France this year :cool:

Any chance of dl links for 6/7/8..? :)

16. clandestino

No way! Really? That's the greatest thing ever.

PM me your email address and I'll send 6/7/8 over to you.

17. Sweet FA

We were on a site right on the beach opposite St Tropez. (Sounds glam but it was basically a huge, barren refugee camp for cheapo holidaymakers from all over Europe). The 1st night we got there, the Mistral blew a gale and totalled quite a few tents, including ours. The next morning, a kind of Blitz spirit had taken hold and most of the day had been spent fixing each other's tents. In the evening, a load of families who'd helped each other out gathered to share a lot of booze. I was the only one with an ipod, so I plugged it into the car, opened the doors and boot and put GBK2 on. As the booze flowed, a few blokes cracked onto the tunes and started various forms of Dad-dancing (the 'side to side shuffle with occasional finger clicking' being a Europe-wide phenomenon amongst 40-something dads). Various drunk mums joined in, dragging surly teens and grandmas with them and before we knew it, we had a happening, man. My best memory was when camp security turned up to tell us to turn it down, realised that most of our end of the site was there and got brandied up and dancing. An excellent night all round, solely soundtracked by GBKs and a few Northern Soul comps :cool:

clandestino and Greebo like this.
  18. clandestino

Truly, this is the greatest thing that's ever happened in the history of fantastic things and must surely represent the pinnacle of my DJ-ing "career". Forget the triumphant festival sets, the sold-out 100 Club nights, the Scandinavian and Spanish tours, the thing we did in a furniture shop in Shoreditch (it was great, honest)...I helped get a load of kids, parents and grannies grooving on a St Tropez campsite without even being there. I'm glad to have been of help!

:D:D:D

19. Sweet FA

Er...unfortunately to all present, it was the pinnacle of mine. Such is the way of things for the great artists mate, ripped off and uncredited at every turn :D
    Ta ;)

eta: just to make things clear; I never said I made the mix - just nodded and smiled when people said how good the tunes were.

(Although, on reflection, that's taking credit for the mix really isn't it? Oh well, I owe you brandy :D)

20. clandestino

Hehehe, excellent work!
    :D

21. clandestino

Just in case you haven't seen it, here's my go at getting kids dancing this year...

22. clandestino

It's been a while since the last one, but here's the latest HDIF podcast, featuring a bumper crop of fantastic new music. There's brand new, as yet unreleased, songs by Allo Darlin', The Wave Pictures, Tunabunny, Shrag, Tigercats, Cats On Fire and Evans The Death, and the glorious new single by The Magnetic Fields - plus the usual mixture of northern soul, girl groups and rock'n'roll.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/hdif-podcast-13/

23. clandestino

After a few podcasts packed with new music, we decided to go cover version crazy for this latest episode. If you've ever wanted to hear Hefner playing ska, The Aislers Set throwing a party to a classic Phil Spector production, The Supremes and Chubby Checker taking on the Beatles, and a german beat pop version of a heavy metal classic (oh yes!), then we might just be able to help.

http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/hdif-podcast-14/

24. clandestino

Another bumper crop of brand new music on this podcast. There's new singles from Veronica Falls and The School, new album tracks from Dexys, The Wedding Present, Cats On Fire and The Just Joans, and brand new songs from the brand new likes of Big Wave, Knickers and Orca Team. Plus the usual foot-stomping mixture of northern soul, girl groups and rock'n'roll.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/hdif/hdif-podcast-15/

25. clandestino

Sweet FA likes this.
  26. clandestino

27. clandestino

28. clandestino

29. clandestino