EDL watch

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Das Uberdog, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

They must have been odd years.

cyril_smear and Magnus McGinty like this.
  2. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

Nobody else organising anything else at all.

Nigel likes this.
  3. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

Red Sky likes this.
  4. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Sad to see someone in Deptford wants to free TR.

Nice to see someone dispute it.

Sad to see the out of date EDL reference.

IMG_20180531_205819.jpg

Nigel likes this.
  5. Nigel

Nigel For A Degenerates' Workers State

Counter Demonstration 14th July 2018 !
    How do people feel about the way independent Anti Fascist/AFN demonstration went, particularly during the end when SUTR 'bandwagon' (literally) was given permission to usurp, promote and basically attempt to maintain vanguard and leadership of march to Victoria Station !

Was it a good idea to open up organising to other groups ?
    Are their lessons to be learned from this, in my opinion aberration at best when dealing with opportunist sects and their front organisations, particularly SWP ! Organisers & stewards of anti fascist mobilisation must be pretty naive, if not easily manipulated not to think that they wouldn't pull such a stunt as they did !

If we, militant and independent anti fascists are now reliant and making SUTR/UAF figureheads of movement; what is the point of us existing as independent organisations ?

crossthebreeze likes this.
  6. The Flying Pig

The Flying Pig Well-Known Member

We should be wise enough by now to know how these demos work. There are many people who want to demonstrate but certainly are not up for physical confrontation and I fully understand that. The right action for them is to leave an area where there is the threat of physical attack, for others who are not prepared to yield then you stay in the area. We are not all macho and physically or mentally strong enough to put ourselves at physical risk.

emanymton and Nigel like this.
  7. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Your posting style has changed. Is it a shared account?

The Flying Pig likes this.
  8. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

T
    Sobered up.

19force8 likes this.
  9. Nigel

It's not a case of being 'Macho'; I presumed, as a general rule adopting the tactic of mass direct action partly would be to counter that culture and that there a plenty of roles just as important, if not more that people can play in anti fascist movement that do not involve confrontation, if they choose not to ! Being manipulated as was done last Saturday and negotiating to the level of subservience was counter productive at best !

10. 19force8

19force8 For the avoidance of faith

My understanding was that the demo was not called on the premise of mass confrontation, but as the start of the process of rebuilding active anti-fascism in the unions and working class generally. This was a sensible approach given the massive imbalance of forces on previous major demonstrations (<50:1) and uncertainty about numbers on the day.

On the whole it was successful - there were a lot of union members and banners there. Even the attack on Hedley and co. will work to our (& his) advantage in pushing for greater involvement in the future.

Red Sky likes this.
  11. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

Before a decade of ‘not holidaying, travelling’ through poorer countries bankrolled by rental income, though.

Nigel and Magnus McGinty like this.
  12. That could be straight from the imagination of Aramdo Iannucci .
    Cackle.

Fuck me people are stupid and there is no hope ... Push the FuckinG Button! !!!

13. Nigel

Any news on alleged stabbing of D F L A supporters in M anchest er & counter demo or attempts at retaliation ? :eek:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018 at 4:12 PM
  14. Nigel

E D L In Worcester 1st September 2018