EDL watch

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Das Uberdog, Oct 31, 2010.

1. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

so it's NA ?

2. jimmer

jimmer libcom.org

Apparently so, Hope Not Hate are reporting it's being run by Alex Davies who was one of the founders and former leaders of NA. Posters have been appearing near where people who were active in/or around NA are believed to be living.

3. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

haven't looked into them in any meaningful way, but aren't N.A. / new version a bit cos play / wannabe nazi, with the odd psycho thrown in for good measure ? Or have i got the wrong end of the stick, and they'd give the C18 mid- late 90's lot a run for their money?

Nigel likes this.
  4. StigoftheDig

StigoftheDig Humdrum mud drummer

I'm not quite sure where to post this (as a newish member of this forum) but thought this might be a useful first place.

Generation Identity, the "identitarian" organisation are holding a conference in London on April 14th.

There is a counter protest/action.

Oppose 'Generation Identity'

Oppose GI (@OpposeGI) on Twitter

#Antifa #London April 14: Oppose Generation Identity Conference

I can't speak personally on the authenticity of any of the above beyond saying "it looks legit"...

Mmm, not much use, but maybe a starting point for people who might be interested.

5. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Trying to find the vids of TR breaking into peoples offices to confront them...... anyone know the ones I'm talking about?

6. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

is that the Quillam one?

7. SpineyNorman

SpineyNorman it was already like that when I got here

Didn't they go into some KFC office to protest about bacon box meals or something?

8. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

no, about hallal

Pickman's model likes this.
  9. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

10. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Guardian offices, in a series called troll watch for rebel media.

11. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

Tommy nicked again for harassing people outside court before charge.... fucking div

Nigel, marty21 and Pickman's model like this.
  12. He’s on a suspended sentence too. Oops.

13. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

suspicion of causing breach of the peace no crime though.

14. 19force8

19force8 For the avoidance of faith

And another DFLA free speech p̶i̶s̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ rally* due in Manchester June 2nd.

* sorry - "respectful commemoration for the victims of the Manchester bombing" [my arse!]

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Nigel and Humirax like this.
  15. Contempt of court is though.

Nigel likes this.
  16. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

well spotted. but i am less confident than you appear to be that this will trigger the activation of the suspended sentence

17. cyril_smear

cyril_smear Well-Known Member

Let's hope nobody waits outside elland road police station in Leeds for him...

18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Can someone help me out with this one? Has been nicked, charged and sentenced in the same day?

Nigel likes this.
  19. 19force8

I'm assuming it's a contempt of court thing. In which case the judge is also jury and executioner :thumbs:

E2A He's probably safe for a couple of weeks - Ramadan finishes on the ides of june ;)

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Nigel likes this.
  20. 19force8

This from Contempt of court - Wikipedia for England and Wales:

It's a fair bet he was in breach of at least one of the three above if not all three.

21. Ranbay

Leeds Crown Court Listings, hearings, cases & details

Details: Contempt of Court Proceedings - Case adjourned until 12:30 - 12:22
    Contempt of Court Proceedings - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 13:12
    Contempt of Court Proceedings - Resume - 13:59
    Contempt of Court Proceedings - Case Closed - 14:26

22. The39thStep

contempt of court and therefore breach of suspended sentence I think
    contempt robinson.jpg

23. cyril_smear

I call bullshit on the sentence.

24. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

According to Twitter Tommy Robinson was arrested for Breach of the Peace today for livestreaming outside the court where the trial of one of the Rotherham paedophile gangs was happening.
    Apparently he was whisked off to court and sentenced to 13 months there and then. Twitter also claims there's a media blackout on this, and certainly there are stories about his arrest but none about his sentence.

It's hard to verify the truths of this though. I think he may have already been on a suspended and that kicks in if you are convicted again.

A lot of people are going ballistic about his sentence in Twitter, but as I have stated i suspect there's more to it than just being given 13 months for filming a paedophile cunt as he goes into court

25. The39thStep

If you read my post above you will find that your thinking about him being on a suspended sentence is correct. His original sentence was three months for contempt .His self publicising and reckless behaviour could have led to a claim for mistrial by media interference which would have not been in the victims , who he claims to be fighting for, interests.
    However there are a couple of things that stick out for me .Firstly the swiftness of the arrest and sentence however laudable is in contrast to the appaulling time it has taken for these grooming cases to get to court and for justice to be done. Secondly given the social media profile he has the Police and CPS shoud have had a far better media strategy central to which has to be an explaination of the sentence handed down. How its got to a situation where the far right are seen , wrongly or rightly, as the ones who champion the working class victims of systematic rape is depressing.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  26. Ranbay

His business model is fantastic, the amount of donations he's getting is great.

27. cyril_smear

It seems he has being locked up. I was gobsmacked that somebody could be arrested and sentenced in the space of a few hours... Take in to account the logistics of it all.

According to posts on here he was in court at half 12 which is 1 hour after his arrest. I couldn't care less that he's in prison but I am a bit perplexed at how he can be not on remand but sentenced in such a short space of time.

28. cyril_smear

I predict an appeal and walk out.

29. I’m taken aback too, but a suspended sentence means that if you break its conditions (with the same offence, no less) you go straight to the slammer.

Nigel likes this.
  30. We forgot to bet on this.