EDL watch

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Das Uberdog, Oct 31, 2010.

1. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

Who's wanking him then?

malatesta32 likes this.
  2. malatesta32

malatesta32 Not Serb. No, Really!

special branch. top cockernee geezah ben jonson once referred to that as 'milking his epididymis.'

3. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

Read his book. It's got to be the longest whinge ever put to paper.
    Nothing is his fault, the funniest stuff is about the mortgage fraud "The money was only resting in my account".

4. Red Sky

5. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

6. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

It's just spam.

What questions would this bring up?

7. Red Sky

It's not clear from the article whether there's any back and forth , a conversation.

Don't think it has any legal implications (I think they might have learned from the failed prosecutions against Nick Griffin) but it will dog him and any further attempts to break into the mainstream.

8. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

It might be that he doesnt go away for a while but lets face it he will never break into the mainstream. Anyway read The Rise of the Right about the EDL , its provocative and fascinating.

9. Red Sky

Newsnight, This Morning , Amazon bestseller lists? He's pretty mainstream.

Yes I should read that.

10. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

With Fransen maybe. Robinson’s was a mail sent from a subscribe list (Rebel Media).

11. The39thStep

World of difference in being on TV now and again and building a movement, ask George Galloway.

mx wcfc likes this.
  12. Red Sky

Yeah but he's got widespread public recognition. They were queuing up to get selfies with him at the FLA march.

He's not 'SpeerofOdin88' ranting away into the void on Stormfront is what I'm saying.

Nigel likes this.
  13. Red Sky

Just read it. Some interesting stuff but quite disappointing in lots of ways.

The authors ride their own hobby horse relentlessly and we don't get to hear from any if their "subjects" until around 80 pages in.

There's a real lack of definition of who it is that they're actually talking to and where. I appreciate the need for anonymisation but surely we could have had a broad idea of region for example. The EDL were very strong in the N.E and Yorkshire for example but didn't get off the ground in the South West or the Midlands in quite the same way.

A lot of the interviewees are said to not be particularly involved in the EDL, but we're informed by the academics that their views "align with the EDLs". Surely there's got to be an element of confirmation bias there?

Added to this, despite the mandatory potshots at "middle class liberals" "sashaying around with chardonnay" who are embarrassed by the atavistic Neanderthals of the white working class, the academics themselves adopt a pretty sneery tone to their subjects. "Big Baz's grasp of macroeconomics was not particularly sophisticated" , "Some of our more cogent interviewees" etc etc.

I had hoped for a bit more of a thorough investigation, actual attendance at an EDL demo for example or an interview with one of the R.Os.

14. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

you ask too much of armchair investigators.

15. Red Sky

They're not armchair investigators apparently , they're the "informed vanguard".

Pickman's model likes this.
  16. Pickman's model

armchair investigators armed with a stash of 'hope not hate' and 'searchlight', with copies of books by french thinkers on their shelves.

Nigel and TopCat like this.
  17. The39thStep

You couldn't be further wrong in this case.

18. The39thStep

What did you find interesting ?

19. Pickman's model

i'm glad to hear it

The39thStep likes this.
  20. Red Sky

I'm not totally in disagreement with their assessment ( although they seem a little confused about what they think of Corbyn) .

Any project which tries to explain the EDL without just writing them off as thickos is interesting.

21. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie BeRightOn

6FF6E7DD-22FF-4EDC-9D2D-DEE8D1BD3A6F.jpeg Apparently Robinson got slapped in London today? Good work to the ‘left wing extremists’ involved.

22. albionism

albionism A successful virus clinging to a speck of mud.

23. Red Sky

Yeah, they're all just standing still for one thing.

Nigel and Pickman's model like this.
  24. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

I’m out of touch. Are this lot still going?

25. Red Sky

McDonald's? I think so.

26. The39thStep

Meet me at McDonalds

27. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

On the piss take, I’ll take it as no then :)

28. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

the way he goes down just doesn't look quite right, + the total failure of 7 of them to lay a finger on him

either way, he went down to the AFN bash, camera'd up, looking for what he got : clicks / views / shares / ad rev.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    teqniq likes this.
  29. Red Sky

You think it was an inside job?

Nigel likes this.
  30. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

can never be arsed with conspira-bobbins, but bearing in mind how defined / predictable TR + crew's MO is now ( go somewhere with camera / mike, try and get twatted by lefties / Muslims etc) , then I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018