1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EDL watch

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Das Uberdog, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

The report linked to above is about another rally in Dover - in September 2016. The photographer got beaten (not with a scaffold tube) in January 2016. The figures of about 150 anti-fascists from out of town and locals are about right.

Nigel and 19force8 like this.
  2. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Quite a few gaps at the back in the higher seats to be fair. Wonder what the SWP made of the call to get involved in the coomunity,residents associations and Council meetings?

Nigel likes this.
  3. 19force8

19force8 For the avoidance of faith

This is getting tedious - you wobble all over the place, making unsustainable statements, refusing to answer when called on them, and shifting your ground.

Did anyone say AFN were all anarchists? The point was that the reports you linked to were partial and biased.[Edit - well one was, see below]

I apologise for the sectarian dig at the SP, I didn't realise they were so committed to "militant" anti-fascism nowadays. I must admit I've kind of lost touch with them since I moved a few years back. True there's a member in my town though I don't see him much and being a similar age/build to me he's unlikely to be up for much militancy anyway. So they had two members arrested in 2009, I didn't know that. Kudos.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  4. 19force8

19force8 For the avoidance of faith

Fair point, my mistake on both counts.

Red Sky likes this.
  5. Nigel

Nigel For A Degenerates' Workers State

6. I think i posted earlier in the thread if you can find it- it was mashalled by the EDL IIRC- marches and shit in Sunderland. I think the blokes accused had to be moved to another location when it started to get nasty. hardly reported in the press. google justice for chelsey - but will bring up mostly EDL links

Nigel likes this.
  7. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered