1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EDL watch

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Das Uberdog, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

The report linked to above is about another rally in Dover - in September 2016. The photographer got beaten (not with a scaffold tube) in January 2016. The figures of about 150 anti-fascists from out of town and locals are about right.

Pickman's model, Nigel and 19force8 like this.
  2. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Quite a few gaps at the back in the higher seats to be fair. Wonder what the SWP made of the call to get involved in the coomunity,residents associations and Council meetings?

Nigel likes this.
  3. 19force8

19force8 For the avoidance of faith

This is getting tedious - you wobble all over the place, making unsustainable statements, refusing to answer when called on them, and shifting your ground.

Did anyone say AFN were all anarchists? The point was that the reports you linked to were partial and biased.[Edit - well one was, see below]

I apologise for the sectarian dig at the SP, I didn't realise they were so committed to "militant" anti-fascism nowadays. I must admit I've kind of lost touch with them since I moved a few years back. True there's a member in my town though I don't see him much and being a similar age/build to me he's unlikely to be up for much militancy anyway. So they had two members arrested in 2009, I didn't know that. Kudos.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  4. 19force8

Fair point, my mistake on both counts.

Red Sky likes this.
  5. Nigel

Nigel For A Degenerates' Workers State

6. I think i posted earlier in the thread if you can find it- it was mashalled by the EDL IIRC- marches and shit in Sunderland. I think the blokes accused had to be moved to another location when it started to get nasty. hardly reported in the press. google justice for chelsey - but will bring up mostly EDL links

Nigel likes this.
  7. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

8. Rutita1

Rutita1 Wicked, Wicked, HYSTERICAL!

9. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

10. Rutita1

Rutita1 Wicked, Wicked, HYSTERICAL!

:facepalm:

I saw this and didn't read the date under the article..

upload_2017-7-29_21-0-3.png

11. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Nigel likes this.
  12. Nigel

Nigel For A Degenerates' Workers State

Probably not the best organised activity !

13. Red Sky

The North East has (with a couple of exceptions) generally been a bit of a black hole for anti fascism recently.

Nigel and Pickman's model like this.
  14. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

Just looking at the footage and they hung around too long . Game as fuck but badly outnumbered . In and out ....and no colours....would have been much better but, cest la vie .

Cest la guerre.

At least his mates stuck by the lad .

Nigel likes this.
  15. Red Sky

Fair play for having a go I suppose but it looks like an amble up to the shop, then someone throws a smoke flare and everyone runs off.

Somebody's unlucky enough to get stuck at the back.

16. Kev Scott LTJ

Kev Scott LTJ Well-Known Member

Wonder if those pallets of books will end up gathering dust in the same warehouse as Michael Gove's bibles?

17. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

18. Red Sky

His last one ended up on the Amazon best sellers list.

19. As did this one.

20. The39thStep

And this incident won't help that either, locals came out to defend the shop.this wasn't organised anti fascism just some kids wound up by him on YouTube and Twitter.Added to that is some stuff about some Celtic supporters singing about Lee Rigby .

21. The39thStep

and here is something that I also support
    Peter Tatchell: Title

22. Red Sky

He was there both times the EDL came to Tower Hamlets as well with his "Gays and Muslims Unite - Stop the EDL" banner. Fair play.

23. Rosemary Jest

Rosemary Jest Wrong and Unstable

EDL having some kind of march in Keighley today, the cunts just delayed my train to leeds.

There's a massive police presence for the cunts.

24. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

he'll just chuck a mattress on top of those for years to come.

teqniq and crossthebreeze like this.
  25. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

Pisspoor EDL turnout, no actual march according to the reports I've seen.

Rosemary Jest and malatesta32 like this.
  26. 19force8

Yep, the usual collection of drug dealers, sex offenders, wannabe thugs and losers. Hardly worth the petrol, I only bothered because I have family in the area.

SpookyFrank likes this.
  27. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

28. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

so?
    they (uaf) just stand there chanting with banners and preaching to the converted, go where plod tell them then pat themselves on back and fuck off home early
    ime they don't walk the walk, they just talk a good game and take over demos, swappie style

29. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

there's even a fucking paper at end of that vid, ych a fi