Ed Sheeran

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by alfajobrob, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Rosemary Jest

Rosemary Jest Wrong and Unstable

Looks like a rugby pitch to me. :hmm:

Rugger buggers probably pay to go and see Ed Sheeran. :thumbs:

2. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

SaskiaJayne and Rosemary Jest like this.
  3. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I didn't like him to start with but am I just imagining his songs getting progressively worse. The new one Perfect is dreadful. Every time I hear the 'you look perfect I don't deserve this' I throw up a little bit and am convinced it's shortening my life by a couple of days. As bad as, if not worse than, lady in red

4. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

If you can't afford the real thing then there is a cut-price version from Essex.

salem likes this.
  5. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

There's a shit Ed Sheeran tribute act busking in every town centre in the UK, at least until their mums call them to tell them dinner's ready.

Rosemary Jest likes this.
  6. phillm

No doubt buskers know the value of a well honed Ed Sheeran number in their forte.

7. SaskiaJayne

SaskiaJayne Rural Guerrilla

It’s just safe formatted pop that if done well enough cannot fail to appeal to consumers of safe formatted pop. Plenty of artists are doing it but Ed is doing it better than any of the others. I bet James Blunt wonders what Ed has got that James lacks because James does it well enough but Ed does it better.

8. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Blunt does music for shit-eating morons in the 25-40 age bracket. Sheeran has figured out that your common-or-garden 15-25 year old shit-eating moron spends more on music.

9. phillm

I never realised he was so hated - seems like a nice , inoffensive chap to me.

10. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Alot of what Sheeran does is fairly inane but I was heartened the Gaye family failed in their bid to sue him for "Thinking Out London."

the Gaye family were obviously trying to capitalise on their dubious victory over Thicke/Williams case. Spare me the fake tears please. It's all ludicrous.

D'wards likes this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Don't like his music, but respect for this. Fuck shitty touts.

How Ed Sheeran is tackling ticket touts

8ball, Rosemary Jest and Johnny Vodka like this.
  12. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

Also speaking out against one of his tracks being used in an Irish anti- abortion/pro-choice ad. :thumbs:

Rosemary Jest, ddraig and editor like this.
  13. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

Just to jump on the backlash backlash... And whilst it's pretty easy to see him fair game as just being a bit of a twat, he does seem like a good egg, and Shape of You is one of the great pop songs of our time.

And, before you get all stuck up Trendy Wendy... if it's good enough for General Levy and Rodigan, it's good enough for you...

8ball and editor like this.
  14. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

How is this dullard cunt still a thing :(

15. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Turnips - big! Swedes - small!

Shape of You kept cropping up during the baseball game we went to yesterday. I was rather hoping for something more like Seven Nation Army...

Badgers likes this.
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Just listened to The Who and I wonder how this song stealing cunt draws air, let alone fills a stadium.

The rest of the world used to look for us for music :facepalm:

17. Sweet FA

Sweet FA ✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

Oh god, this is going to be fucking massive & 'everybody' is going to love it and it'll be wall to fucking wall Sheeran covering Beatles forever.

Ed Sheeran will play with himself in Danny Boyle’s untitled Beatles-inspired movie

The film focuses on a singer-songwriter who wakes up one day as the only person who remembers the Fab Four, he is then graphically murdered and everybody lives happily ever after*

*I may have doctored the synopsis.

18. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

He isn't playing the main character. It isn't a film about Ed Sheehan remembering the Beatles.

Sweet FA likes this.
  19. Sweet FA

No, I know, I'm shouting incoherently - he 'discovers' the guy who remembers the Beatles and takes him on tour. Sheeran will cover Beatles tunes though and it'll be horrible.

20. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

Thus confirming he's a wanker.

21. Rosemary Jest

I can't confirm this, but I have a hunch that Sheeran is a wrong un. As in tourtured animals as a child wrong un.

I have a good eye for things like this.

22. Kesher

Kesher #Cookie Jar

iuTEGLGVQF.jpg

Rosemary Jest and cupid_stunt like this.
  23. killer b

killer b No Hateration, No Holeration. in this Dancery

He did Candle in the Wind for a recent Elton John covers album.

You're welcome.

24. Glitter

Glitter Goddess of rock!

I never liked him but my son does (he’s 5) and it turns out, not only is ‘Sing’ a tune, but when my 5 year old and 3 year old take it in turns to do the ‘Sing’ ‘Louder’ bits in the back of the car it is adorable!!

I hate myself a little bit.

cupid_stunt likes this.
  25. Rosemary Jest

The look on the poor cat's face says it all.

Incidently, as a breed, British Shorthair cats hate being picked up.

All the evidence I need. :mad:

cupid_stunt likes this.
  26. Sweet FA

Fucking hell, that's almost comically horrible.