Ed Sheeran

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by alfajobrob, Mar 3, 2017.

1. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

They won't ...... Not those who go nowhere near the main stage at the relevant time, anyway ;) :)

</spoilt for choice on Sheeran-avoidance :cool: >

2. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

I heard Galway Girl yesterday when I was on hold to EE. It's fucking terrible, I actually thought it was a pisstake. I thought he was fucking shite before but Jesus!

salem likes this.
  5. cypher79

cypher79 Banned Banned

I hate that generic Irish flute stock preset sound in this song, it's just so fucking clichéd :mad:

6. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Sounds like he borrowed it from B*Witched. What a dick.

Miss-Shelf and cypher79 like this.
  7. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

The second I hear that casio keyboard fake xylophone noise from the start of 'shape of you' my arsehole clenches up in fury. The man must be a billionaire by now can he not spring for a producer to make his sad little wank fantasies at least sound like they were recorded by an adult?

cypher79 likes this.
  8. S☼I

S☼I it's my room get out

Another one of those singers they have now who don't seem to be able to open their fucking mouths properly when they sing, like Lily Allen. Like "I'm too cool to properly enunciate"

Oh God, this is such a reflection of my grandma complaining she disliked Mick Jagger because he opens his mouth too wide when he sings :D

catinthehat likes this.
  9. Idris2002

Idris2002 the liberation forces make movies of their own

And here was me thinking ES was Irish. (long story, don't ask)

10. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

You mean the WHISTLE playing of Brian Finnegan? One of the finest players of whisle, low whistle, fife and flute that Ireland has ever produced?

THIS Brian Finnegan?

or this absolutely stunning one on a fife/marching flute(!) from when he was a nipper with a decidedly dodgy hair cut.

I would respectfully suggest a) You are both 'listening' with prejudice and b) talking out of your hole(s).

I have no doubt Beoga are a touch bewildered by both the media reaction (and the over production?) but as it is all helping make trad/crossover music 'cool' for millions of kids who would not have listened to it before, it'll do for me.

The Chieftains never made any real money till they did their crossover albums. Hope Beoga - excellent musicians and universally regarded as very sound skins - reap the same benefits and the likes of my own kids share in it too. .

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  11. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

It sounds fucking horrible on the track, it's an awful song. I'd much rather hear the whistle unsullied by Ed fucking Sheeran.

12. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

He could deffo play footie for us.

spitfire likes this.
  13. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

He could dig up Beethoven to play piano on one of his dreary pieces of shit and it'd still be crap because he's Ed Sheeran.

emanymton likes this.
  14. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Fair enough, after all he looks like a leprechaun and clearly has the luck o the Oirish
    [​IMG]

15. Mr Moose

Mr Moose What the hell are we supposed to tell the kids?

Ripping it up at Glastonbury. Terrific performer.

16. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

This is the single worst thing I've ever seen on my telly. It's like watching a doco about flesh eating spiders or a diane abbot interview though. I can't switch it off.

17. Mr Moose

But Kanye was on the other year and he was def the single worst thing ever on your telly.

18. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

19. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

What fresh hell is he bringing now.

20. souljacker

souljacker Those tapas loving FUCKS

There is no way that many people have got enough charge in their phones for the torch function on day 3 of a festival.

danski likes this.
  21. Mr Moose

Don't know. I enjoyed the first half tremendously, but had to come away from the TV. Quite why you don't is a mystery only known to you, but you might as well enjoy it.

22. Orang Utan

Ed Sheeran isn't fit to lick the shit off Kanye West's shoes

23. Mr Moose

Delightfully put ignorance as we've come to expect.

24. 8ball

8ball Most Ignoreable Poster 2016

HAHAHAHA!!! :D

You may be right, to be fair. They're both so dreadful that maybe one *is* significantly better than the other, but my limited perception loses resolution at that end of the talent spectrum. :)

25. Orang Utan

West has more creativity in his little finger than Sheeran - he is a lot more interesting and varied than. Way way more talented. He's Prince to Sheeran's Billy Bragg

26. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

This has to be a pisstake

27. 8ball

8ball Most Ignoreable Poster 2016

We are presumably taking a shrink ray to your references' talents and assuming proportionality for comparison reasons...

28. Orang Utan

TUNE:

Jon-of-arc likes this.
  29. Mr Moose

Music bore's comparison. Why not try and enjoy someone's talents without having to grade and resent and be Mr ITK?

30. Orang Utan

I'm enjoying West's talents immensely.
    Who's Mr ITK?