Ecuador would like Julian Assange out of their embassy by the sounds of it.

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by MightyTibberton, Jan 9, 2018.

1. MightyTibberton

MightyTibberton Well-Known Member

2. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic cnut, & all round knob-head.

I am amazed they have put up with him this long, TBH.

3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

If embassies were subject to normal health and safety the Ecuadorian one would have been shut long ago due to assange's unsavoury and unhygienic habits

He's only washed at a basin for years, and even that they've had to force him to do once a month - he won't countenance more frequent ablutions

MightyTibberton likes this.
  4. cupid_stunt

BIB - suggestions?

Bono, Lady Gaga, Branson, or Gazza?

5. MightyTibberton

6. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

Saif Gaddafi is free atm

7. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

So is Toby Young.
    Him and assange already share a similar attitude to women and a hugely overinflated sense of their own abilities and importance.

tim, muscovyduck, CRI and 5 others like this.
  8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

He's used the last of the toilet roll without replacing it one to many times

T & P, Slo-mo, tim and 7 others like this.
  9. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

outstayed his welcome.

I have always hated the cunt. Like the last line in the article linked to.

10. cupid_stunt

And, spent too long sitting down to piss, when others needed the loo. :(

11. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Now the coppers have long gone from outside, I'm honestly amazed he hasn't just walked out covertly and made it to a waiting boat by now.

12. Idris2002

Idris2002 the liberation forces make movies of their own

What, and give up showbiz?

instape, maomao, Yuwipi Woman and 4 others like this.
  13. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

I quite like the idea of the cry going out in some sci-fi style control room: 'he's running!' - cue various integrated satellite and cctv systems tracking him to a launch on the Thames. He gets caught, but it validates his worldview. :cool:

moochedit, Plumdaff, keybored and 3 others like this.
  14. MightyTibberton

I reckon that part of the problem for Julian is that putting him out on the streets, maybe with an unremarkable charge of failing to respond to bail to follow, and an immediate appearance on Farage's radio show will kill a lot of his mystique - he almost needs Daniel Craig kissing Matt Damon to swoop down on a drone and liquidate (and maybe liquidize too!) him as soon as he comes out the door.

15. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Caught by anneka rice in a helicopter

16. Wilf

I'm a Celebrity, Keep Me in Here!

Riklet, coley, mojo pixy and 13 others like this.
  17. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

I reckon he'll try to leave this year, get cold feet before he gets out the front door, turn back, find the door to the Ecuadorian Embassy locked, and end up taking refuge in the Colombian Embassy in the same building.

18. RainbowTown

RainbowTown Well-Known Member

A martyr to no one but himself - plus he has the shiftiest looking eyes since George W Bush.

Wilf likes this.
  19. MightyTibberton

Now being reported that he's been given an Ecuadorean passport, so something is happening. Not sure what the practical results though.

20. MightyTibberton

Now Guardian reports that an attempt to give Julian diplomatic status has been turned down by UK Gov.

21. MightyTibberton

Oh, and apparently America's greatest living journalist Sean the thumb Hannity has been doing his 'tick tick' routine 're Wiki on Twitter... but may be unrelated...

Badgers likes this.
  22. Wilf

If he was to walk out to a waiting car in the middle of a huddle of Ecuadorian diplomats, it wouldn't be a good look for the Met to dive in and arrest him. They would though, there's nothing else they could do after rejecting this diplomatic immunity lark. Neither Assange nor the Ecuadorians have many cards left to play it seems. Whether the UK would give him up to the Yanks is a different matter.

23. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

He isn’t relevant anymore. Nobody cares if he now ends up in a US SuperMax.

24. Wow :eek: So little respect for the man who changed the face of the world. So what if he`s an egotist, he has good reason to be!

Amazing what a good smear campaign can do.

This is probably the Trump administration at work.

Big up Mendax!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  25. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Any other nonces worth celebrating?

26. Are you serious ?

Phill Mud ?.... ? You can not be serious !?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  27. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

This was done to death years ago.

28. Oh was it . I`ll search this site then (rather then rely on trusted media sources). Wow.

Basically - Yes means yes and dont trust the CIA :rolleyes:

Ok will now look into this forums opinion and see what your saying... after work anyway.

29. Almor

Almor Well-Known Member

Anyone that doesn't trust the cia should probably avoid central America, particularly Ecuador.
    Running from sexual assault allegations in Europe though...

likesfish and Badgers like this.
  30. 1%er

1%er Well-Known Member

News here is claiming that Assange has been granted citizenship by Ecuador. Link here in Portuguese, it translates claiming, he has a passport (granted in December) and also has a tax number 1729926483 refers to citizen Julian Paul Assange (obligatory for citizens of Ecuador). Ecuador want to grant him diplomatic status but the UK government have said they would not recognize his diplomatic status, not sure they can as I think there is an international agreement covering diplomats, I guess it will end up in Court.