Eastbourne vs Dulwich Hamlet (FA Cup) 6 October 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by DHST, Oct 2, 2018.

1. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Shame. Was rather hoping Winchester City would get you in the next round. There are advantages in having to play earlier rounds. £33k so far. :thumbs:

(sorry, genuinely sorry you lot havn't progressed. I just hope we don't get Eastbourne)

pompeydunc likes this.
  2. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Just re-read that earlier post. We're playing them on Boxing & New Years Day...

That Boxing day match has snuck up me

StephenMac likes this.
  3. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Very disappointed for our great fans who made it to Eastbourne today

I didn't , so no right to cry into my beer - but despite the great fightback, I did

Big thanks for those that kept the faith in atrocious weather conditions and (certainly from DHFCTV commentary) atrocious play in the first half

The curse of the Cup continues

But vital we move on and put this result behind us - even more vital to help build attendances, support the team home and away and campaign to get back to Champion Hill asap

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  4. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

The first half didn't go to plan. So at half time the Dulwich Shakespeare Company put on a performance of Hamlet that so inspired the ten players that took the field they won the second half 0-3. Alas ....
    Yorick.jpg
    Note a rare appearance by the G-Man. But which one is he?

5. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

I was worried when i saw the team. No real defensive cover in front of a back 3 . Without Kargbo and no Beeney to come in the role seemed to be between Ferguson and Vose. Also taking into account the unfamiliar pitch against a decent team . ... well we know what happened. Great effort in last 20 minutes and so nearly a game that would never be forgotten. Good of the team to come and shake hands of fans at the end. Also thought Kingsly Ersun looked good when he came on and could form a lively partnership with Dipo

6. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Eastbourne Borough get Slough Town or Bristol Manor Farm at home in the 4th qualifying round: a winnable tie. Bugger.

7. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

The draw doesn't work like that, we would have had a different number. But more relevant: Torquay United at home to Winchester City. We are due to be at Torquay on first round proper day, as we are away to Truro City. Someone would have to move their game if the Gulls get through and are drawn at home again, so don't book your train tickets yet...

Pink Panther likes this.
  8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Unless we'd forced a replay, in which case the draw would have been Eastbourne Borough or Dulwich Hamlet v Slough Town or Bristol Manor Farm.

Cyclodunc and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  9. Dulwich Mishi

Indeed, but we never.

10. Pink Panther

But as the numbers for the draw appear to be allocated alphabetically it's also likely we'd have had the same number as Eastbourne had we beaten them.

Dulwich Mishi and the 12th man like this.
  11. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

For those with a faint heart maybe skip the first half..

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That foul. Ouch. Total red card.

Pink Panther likes this.
  14. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Still baffled by the poor turnout.

15. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Them or us?

:hmm:

16. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

Funny enough , having a clear out of some stuff yesterday and found this , i feel like I've fallen through a 22 year time hole :confused::confused::confused:
    %zc%V1VTQn6H6arWYP+kQQ.jpg

editor likes this.
  17. Pink Panther

Fiddly journey, rubbish weather, looked on paper to be a strong possibility of going to a replay, and we have to go there again in 12 weeks for a league match.

18. StephenMac

Us.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I would have come but I was DJing till 4am and didn't get home till around 5.30am the night before and then was DJing again the next day so unless someone was going to give me a lift in a helicopter, time - unlike the Rolling Stones - was not on my side.

Pink Panther likes this.
  20. StephenMac

I just expressed bafflement. I'm not that up myself to be asking people to explain themselves.

Pink Panther likes this.
  21. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I do apologise, I had something on.

22. StephenMac

Just feels like the death of the 'magic of the cup' has drifted down to our level from the Premier League.

B.I.G likes this.
  23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I'd say at least 50 regulars were missing, and I would have expected another 50 casuals to have come out for the cup.

I reckon the turnout would have been twice the amount, if the 3rd qualifying round had been replaced with a micro brewery. Not a priority I can fully get my head round.

25. StephenMac

Well done, as ever.

26. Dulwich Mishi

Just means I was stuck at work....and was saving a day off for a later round...silly me! ;)

StephenMac likes this.
  27. StephenMac

Just means you've still got that day off saved for a glorious Trophy run.

28. Dulwich Mishi

We had that two seasons ago. It's usually a long wait til the next one...

29. Pink Panther

Frankly I think it has. I recall a number of current League clubs playing at a lower level than ourselves, we now have an ex-League club in our own division and quite a lot of them one division above. So many League and non-league clubs have exchanged places in recent times the difference between them, and the notion of what constitutes a giankilling, seems to have become blurred somewhat.

Then of course you have Premier League clubs insulting the competition by fielding reserve sides, even those for whom it's the biggest trophy they have a serious chance of winning. And if we got to the first round and pulled a moderately big League club away we'd be segregated in a corner of an all-seater stadium with a low turnout of home fans.

I'd still like the club to have the publicity of knocking out a big League club, and of course the prize money would be especially welcome at the present time, but I don't have a great deal of enthusiasm for matches like the two we had this season.

editor likes this.
  30. StephenMac

Agree with all of that but a run from our level and below can be brilliant fun early in the season and lift spirits hugely. A good run also tends to lead to a positive knock-on effect for league game attendances. And Christ knows we could do with that.

Jamie Wyatt and Matt The Cab like this.