1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich v Enfield 27/4/17 - Play-off Semi-Final

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Apr 24, 2017.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Lovely eyes too.

2. Effra Eyes

Effra Eyes Active Member

Though I found the presence of the Clapton fans slightly tragic, I can confirm it wasn't them causing the problems in the TOS first half, that was fully down to a couple of Enfield dicks who were very pissed, and quite aggressive. One of whom, apparently, may have been their keepers Dad, bizarrely.

3. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Fair enough, I can't edit my original post having a go at Clapton, based on what I was told after the match.

4. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

So true matey. He is a gentleman.

5. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

One guy who got chucked out had a haunted look in his eyes. Sad!

6. YTC

YTC Human Man

7. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Sekajja > Moss

There. I said it.

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

9. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Fairly good photo that one.

Terry.c, clog, dcdulwich and 5 others like this.
  10. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

do you know if their keeper has ever met him ?

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

12. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Tbf they have all the best songs.*

Loved it when their players applauded their support.*

*ETFC! ETFC!

*Before the game. Hahahahaha.

YTC likes this.
  14. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

I did think the applauding of the fans at the start had an air of "we've done well to get this far, probably not going to win" about it

15. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Clearly wasn't looking at their 6 who left a foot in after every challenge.

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Or we pretend to love our fans poor poor songs :D

Cyclodunc likes this.
  17. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

They've taken defeat graciously then.

I genuinely can't believe I've just seen a Gavin Rose side be accused of being over-physical.

18. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

He was ridiculous

19. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Job done. We go again on Monday.

20. Y Dychrynllyd

Y Dychrynllyd CPD Pentrefan Dulwich

Fantastic game of football fairplay. I was still gutted from the night before, constantly refreshing twitter for updates on Merthyr's play-off game only for them to lose on penalties, so Dulwich's result helped lift the fog a little. Shame though, I was hoping I'd get to see both play in the same division next year for the first time.

Only sour point last night personally was the stewards/bouncers searching me before going into the ground. Had my pockets gone through, with objects taken out of them, only for me to walk literally two yards and have another one do exactly the same thing. Totally heavy handed and not something I've experienced going into any size club or music venue or any football match at any level including the euros in a high-alert France. Happy to make a complaint or at least raise it with someone at the club if there's an appropriate contact?

Pink Panther, pompeydunc and editor like this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's no reason on earth why you should be searched twice. That's ridiculous. Not even sure why they were taking objects out of your pocket either.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

23. Cyclodunc

dcdulwich and baleboy_93 like this.
  24. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Member

Tomlin looks a little different if he scored that second goal, perhaps my eyes need checking :facepalm:

25. Cyclodunc

Harry ottaway changed a lot too

26. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Worth watching for camera angle behind goal for Sekaja lob and in particular Preston save on 13.30.

Commentator also called their number 11 Ottaway all game. Amusing to hear confusion in his voice when liamdhfc announced Enfield final goalscorer as Ottaway to make it 4-2....and it wasn't number 11.

27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Great banter in the last few seconds :thumbs:

28. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

Sakaja scored the 2nd. Tomlin scored the 4th.

29. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

I thought Harry had a very good game. His touch and passing was excellent and he took his goal very well. He's a classy, elegant player! Interesting that both ex-Dulwich players (Ottaway and Crook) scored for Enfield and they're their 2 top scorers this season. I always rated both of them and would be very happy to see them back at Dulwich.

Pink Panther likes this.
  30. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I have never had pockets searched at the Hamlet, and the day it happens is the day I stop going. Unless someone has a huge coat with pockets the size of rucksacks, or there is a very good reason to suspect that specific individuals may not be able to conduct themselves responsibly once inside the ground, that's just unacceptable at non-league football, and if it starts I encourage everyone to take a stand against it and withdraw their support.

And I do not accept the "if you've got nothing to hide what's the problem?" argument. It's a rude and disrespectful way to treat paying customers. People who turn up and pay to watch games are doing the club a favour, not the other way around. I was prepared to turn away at Tooting last season when I saw stewards frisking people, although I managed to walk past without being challenged on that occasion.

Ludo likes this.