Dulwich supporters team

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by shatty82, Jul 13, 2018.

1. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

yaaaaaas kweeeen

2. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Rav I've got the kit and can do the tactics and motivational team talk.

3. ravitanand

ravitanand New Member

Hi guys, I haven't heard back from Hampton & Richmond Borough ahead of Saturday, however, which such strong interest, would love to organise 7-a-side football amongst us fans if anyone is interested to tick over and play amongst ourselves? I'm thinking 7-a-side at Wimbledon Goals at 11am? If game pls comment below. Thanks

4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Not that I'd be involved, but surely a Supporters' Team should be to try to play 11-a-sides against other sides, in the main? A kickabout amongst yourselves isn't really a supporters' team, it's just a few mates having exactly that....a kickabout?

5. ForwardHamlet

It should be, yes. But at short notice, and with the ideal opposition (H&RB) not playing ball, this is a great alternative.

clog, Jules P and pettyboy like this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Fair enough explanation...

7. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

Training sessions. Run through some drills. Get Junior to shout out turns of pace. Or is that a bit much?

8. Son of Roy

We could try passing to each other!

RabbleLevi likes this.
  9. ravitanand

ravitanand New Member

Hampton have confirmed they won't be fielding a supporters team, so instead we'll be doing a minimum 5-a-side up to 7-a-side DHFC Supporters Game in Wimbledon on Saturday at 11am. If you haven't already, please DM/PM me your number to be added to the whatsapp group. Thanks!

10. ravitanand

ravitanand New Member

5 or 7-a-side football at Wimbledon Goals on Saturday 1 September @ 11am
    1. Rav
    2. Ben S
    3. Jamal W
    4. Ollie J
    5. Dunc B
    6. Isaac B
    7. Laraine B
    8. Jules P
    9. Jack G

Please message me your number to be added to whatsapp group. Thanks.

ForwardHamlet likes this.
  11. Son of Roy

Rav, Matt from Maidstone United supporters team has contacted me about playing us again. This time they would come to the KNK if we can book the 3G pitch on a Saturday morning when both teams are playing at home. He suggested 29th September.

12. ForwardHamlet

I fucking bet they would!

13. Son of Roy

Home advantage, a few younger players, 3-5-1-3-1-2-1 formation, some passing and it'll be like taking candy from a baby!

Jules P and mick mccartney like this.
  14. ForwardHamlet

On a serious note, though - I don't understand - they want to come up to us when they have a home game?? So come up, get taken apart, go back to Maidstone for their game?

15. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

After an 8 year unofficial retirement I've got the urge to play again. Hope we can get a few games lined up.

16. Hi All

We are still looking for a few more players for the game on Saturday vs Leyton Orient Supporters, KO 10:30 at Hackney Marshes (before our home game vs Chippenham.)

Interested?

Northants Dal likes this.
  17. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

Laraine, I'd like to play on Sat, can you add me to the team/squad. Thanks, Darren

18. Dulwich Mishi

I would have come to watch, but I think that it's cutting it fine to get to Venereal Fields for kick off, it is certainly doable without any delays. But...I'm down for '50/50' volunteer duties. mynameislaraine: That's the first mention of the game on here....surely someone could push fixtures a bit earlier than a few days before the game? (Not specifically moaning at you, not sure who runs the team)

19. Paddyo

Paddyo New Member

Mish, is this you offering to help? :D Laraine is organising and has got a team together for 10am at hackney. That's pretty good going, I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm on the hunt for the kit. I was told Mike had it after the Maidstone game, but he hasn't replied to my message.

Son of Roy do you still have it?

pettyboy likes this.
  20. Dulwich Mishi

No I am not offering to help, as I am working that day....As someone who was one of the founder members of the 'current' Supporters' Team, way back in May 1989, and as one who kept the team together throughout the Nineties, with the help of others, and instigated the tours abroad, I think I have more than done my service.

If I had the time then I would have offered my services already.

I am merely interested in knowing where fixtures are so I can and watch them, when I am not stuck at work, if time allows.

21. Paddyo

Paddyo New Member

At the moment everything is a little ramshackle as the team wasn't really functioning prior to this season - a few people have kindly and enthusiastically organised things independently and it seems to have a little traction in a few different places. There isn't one place where the info resides at the moment as there isn't one person organising it. You'll have to bare with it until that's sorted.

It'd be helpful if you could come from a place of support even if you're not happy with how you personally may have been missed out. Your need for an explanation on the internal 5 a side, for example, although undoubtedly from a good place (retaining the spirit of 89,) could also be seen as a bit negative. Cheers

sleaterkinney and pettyboy like this.
  22. Dulwich Mishi

I am a bit bemused by your second sentence...to say the least!

"It'd be helpful if you could come from a place of support even if you're not happy with how you personally may have been missed out. Your need for an explanation on the internal 5 a side, for example, although undoubtedly from a good place (retaining the spirit of 89,) could also be seen as a bit negative. Cheers"

The reason I'm interested in being kept in the loop, with a little bit of advance notice, IS to offer support! i'm sure I'm not the only one from the 'old guard' who would like nothing better than to enjoy standing on a touchline cheering you on, and don't see anything I've posted as not being supportive. If peole want to have a kickaround for fun...good luck to them, but to call an internal 5-a-side 'a supporters' game' is nonsensical.

I, personally, am delighted that the Supporters' Team is to be re-launched, to be honest I'm a bit put out at the suggestion that i'm being negative toward it. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Just a shame I can't tell you this personally, as like many on here you hide behind a nom de plume, it's much easier to be understood face-t-face, rather than have comments misinterpreted on messageboards, but there you go...

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  23. Paddyo

Paddyo New Member

Great. glad you're onside.

24. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

His name is paddy o

Northants Dal likes this.
  25. Dulwich Mishi

Well it may be, what I clearly meant is that I don't know who he is, and with such a 'nom de plume' it may not be his real name.

26. Dulwich Mishi

I was NEVER 'offside'!

Jules P likes this.
  27. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

To be fair mate it's a tricky one. When you did play we had to explain it to you a few times

28. Son of Roy

[Mishi] I was NEVER 'offside'!

All referee's have heard that before! It's a compliment that you may have made it that far up the pitch! What year was it?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  29. Dulwich Mishi

No, that was Miles! ;)

30. Paddyo

Paddyo New Member

Hi Everyone!

Just an update on the Supporters Team – We are up and running! There have been two games so far and we understand that not everyone has had a lot of notice for the games.For that we are sorry and the first thing we have done to address that is started using an app called Spond. Here’s the link to join the team:

Spond

You don’t have to download the app as it will also send an email invite to games to everyone on the old list. If you’d rather use SMS you can do that too.

Also, as it’s been so long since we all played together and there are so many new faces – we will be playing some games between the games against other teams.

The first of these will be this Sunday 7th at 11am – Location will be determined by numbers. An invite will be sent out this afternoon.

The next proper game will be 20th October. More info on this will follow on spond/email.

We've also sent a link to this thread out to all members of the team's mailing list, but this won't be an 'official channel' - if you want to play the games, you'll need to join the group above. It's either a little bit of work at your end this one time or a lot of work every week for a few people.

Any questions stick 'em here - i'm sure someone will be able to answer :)