Dulwich supporters team

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by shatty82, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

I've just checked the kit and though we have plenty of shirts, we only have 4 pairs of shorts and 6 pairs of socks! So please bring your own shorts & socks (navy blue). Don't forget shin pads if you want to wear them. Please remember it's a 4G pitch so no boots with blades or metal studs.

I bet Ash Carew doesn't have to bring his own socks!

2. T Corcoran

T Corcoran New Member

Will there be a trophy for the winner

3. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Heady days being recalled of getting Rabblers Player of the Year in 1994 and then dancing with Dave Blythe's daughter.

Jamie Wyatt and Matt The Cab like this.
  4. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

I remember that night, it was very sweet.

You were standing on her toes as you danced, so that you would both move together in time.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  5. Son of Roy

The 4-4-2 formation didn't work today lads. We should have played a 3-5-1-1. Despite this tactical failure I've decided to see out my contract. Played in friendly spirit. What a nice bunch of lads and what a great football club Maidstone United are.

Jules P likes this.
  6. ravitanand

ravitanand New Member

Result aside it was a quality morning and credit to our boys for playing the full 90 minutes without a substitute! Definitely think it's worth arranging more throughout the course of the season and happy to add a helping hand to organise if needed!

pettyboy and Jules P like this.
  7. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Perhaps give 6-5-3-1 a go next time?

Jules P and Son of Roy like this.
  8. Son of Roy

Dunc we will if we get enough players!

9. tonysingh

tonysingh Well-Known Member

What was the score in the supporters game yesterday

10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It was a record 21-1 defeat, easily eclipsing the previous record defeat of 17-2, which was away to St. Johnstone supporters.
    Our record victory stands at 12-1, away to Chesham United supporters.

11. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

Big shout out to everyone who dragged themselves out of bed before 8am on a Saturday to pull on the DHFC shirt and get stuck in. Despite spending most of the game walking back to the halfway-line, it was still a lot of fun. It's a big, big shame that as the DHFC crowds have grown, this hasn't been reflected in the pool of players available for the supporters' team. Honestly I don't have the time to take on full responsibility for the team as Dooley and Lester valiantly did for so long but I am absolutely willing to take on responsibility for recruitment of players. I'm happy to create some graphics and short videos to help support the recruitment drive online, if a few others could take responsibility for other bits and pieces.

T Corcoran, pettyboy, bkbk and 4 others like this.
  12. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

I am interested in playing. Would be good to have a Facebook Group or Chat to make this more accessible. I have a few fellow Rabblers who don’t use the forum but enjoy I kick-about (competitive friendly).

pettyboy and Cyclodunc like this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm happy to run a feature on Buzz when needed.

14. tonysingh

tonysingh Well-Known Member

I think I played in that 1-12.

I'd offer my services to a new supporters team but (a) I'm shit and (b) I've retired.

15. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Think it goes without saying that ability has never been a barrier to playing for the supporters team...

It would have been nice to have some more players on Saturday. We had no subs against an experienced Maidstone side and it was tough going on a full size pitch - so big up everyone who did play! I do see great potential for the supporters team becoming at least a semi-regular thing again and would encourage anyone who is interested to get involved.

ForwardHamlet and StephenMac like this.
  16. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Keen to play for the ST. A group that everyone can access easily would be ideal.

ForwardHamlet and pettyboy like this.
  17. bodger_barnett

bodger_barnett Well-Known Member

I'm usually up for playing but I was away at the weekend.

18. MrFab_JP

MrFab_JP Member

I'm up for playing

19. ravitanand

ravitanand New Member

Hey guys, been approached by a friend who's a Welling United supporter who's keen (even at short notice) to get a supporters match on at Goals Soccer Centre Bexleyheath. At this stage 11s would be too much but I think even minimum 5-a-side could be achievable and if we can push for 7s then even better. Anyone who's up for playing let me know. Looking for a 10.30/11am KO.

pettyboy likes this.
  20. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

I’m interested. Kit wise I have the DHFC tracing top. Will that suffice?

21. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Hi Rav - I'm up for it. Hugo

22. ravitanand

ravitanand New Member

Great stuff guys. I think on this occasion kit won't be end of the world unless we can source.

5/7aside team vs Welling United
    1. Rav
    2. Hugo
    3. Rabble Levi
    4. Stewart Fryer

23. arisbmoro

arisbmoro Member

Ravit, count me in as well for the game (Aris Moro). Was away last Saturday, but keen to join the ST when I can.

24. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Active Member

Is the Supporters game still happening tomorrow and if so can I have a post code for the soccer zone?

25. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Believe the game has been cancelled due to Welling not being able to put a team together, ravitanand is this correct?

26. ravitanand

ravitanand New Member

Supporters Team: Guys, I've been in touch with Hampton & Richmond Borough supporters team, ahead of our National League South fixture against them on Saturday 1 September, and they're very keen to bring a side to play us before. Would be very open to suggestions on timings (location would be Tooting's 3G next door, which I'll confirm timings and price) but if you're interested in playing please post below. Thanks (apologies also re: the Welling game, as baleboy_93 mentioned, whilst we had strong numbers, Welling didn't!)

Cyclodunc and pettyboy like this.
  27. ravitanand

ravitanand New Member

Names confirmed so far:
    1. Rav Anand
    2. Tom Bale
    3. Jamal Watts
    4. Tom Pez
    5. Ryan
    6. Joe Poxon
    7. Ben Sibley
    8. Ollie J
    9. Hugo G
    10. Ian Leney
    11. Toby Kempton
    12. Laraine Bateman
    13. Dunc Banger
    14. Ollie Jarman

28. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

Yo, I’d be up for if you still need people?

29. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Me too, though I can't promise not to be hungover.

30. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

Double confirming that I'd be happy to play in goal, if first choice Tom is unavailable of course. Otherwise I'll make a cameo sub appearance!

pettyboy likes this.