Dulwich Home For Christmas - The Return to Champion Hill

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Nov 23, 2018.

1. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

In fairness to them they also sold pies, so there was a cheap option. I quite often bought a pie from them as the burgers just weren't worth the money. I don't object to paying £6-£8 for a nice burger (the ones at Meat Liquor for example), but what they were offering was pretty plain.

If the burger guys aren't coming back, who's taking over their space?

2. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Hopefully the Deep Fat Fryer who used to be at Orient.

3. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Are Wagon Wheels middle class?!!
    Post no deal brexit we will all be eating out of date Pork Scratchings so this is a pointless discussion anyway

Cat Daisy likes this.
  4. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

There was also a kids burger for £3 (at least at one stage...but not sure how it lasted), which was about the same size as a standard burger at other grounds. This was introduced after DHST sought feedback on matchday issues in 2015, and this was one of things that was changed. You could also get pies for £3 and veg baguettes for a while (but they didn't sell, so were discontinued I think).

The standard burger was £5, which was bigger than any other grounds. The £8 one was a double burger, and I never attempted it. So the whole £8 burger thing is actually a complete misnomer.

5. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

We've Monkfished ourselves.

6. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Is there a document anywhere that collates all the positive things that the trust have done and/or had involvement with over the years?

7. Cyclodunc

Put your knickers on and make me a cup of tea.

Matt The Cab likes this.
  8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The standard burger was definitely £6, not £5, unless they dropped the price shortly before we were locked out; and if they offered anything other than burgers it wasn't very clearly advertised.

What pillock perpetuated the £8 burgers misnomer anyway?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    YTC, GregDHFC and Cyclodunc like this.
  9. Cyclodunc

Anticipating excellent banter in reply to this genuine question, but I don’t mind that. Good for morale.

10. pompeydunc

Yep, the annual reviews: Objectives 2016-18 – Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' Trust. The 2018 one has not been added to the website, but was shared with members by email. Prior to 2015, Eddie used to do a presentation at each AGM with a PowerPoint I believe, but they are not on the website.

11. pompeydunc

I am merely going by a DHST email chain from 2015 when the price of catering was discussed, as well as many other match-day issues. Perhaps it was raised to £6 at a later date...? Alternatively, Champion_hill was talking shit...

takkforalt likes this.
  12. Cyclodunc

Thanks.

A suggestion to DHST: publish them of course, but also have something that is more simple -> just listing key impacts and achievements. That may be out there, someone on the current board might be able to point us to it. Anyway, no criticism here just wondering.

13. YTC

YTC Human Man

I can confirm that we've nicked something from tooting...

jonesyboyo, Nivag, Jimbob73 and 3 others like this.
  14. pompeydunc

Key achievements are distilled into the annual presentation, which is presented at the AGM. I think this is shared by email, but perhaps needs to be put on website as well? The annual reviews are more of a management tool to track performance against targets, manage risks and make adjustments for following year (or within year).

15. YTC

YTC Human Man

On that, the current food vendors lined up for the 'Home' fixtures are:

26th: The Shak, The Frying Squad, Tea Bar
    29th: The Shak, Stranger Naans, Tea Bar
    5th: The Shak, Stranfer Naans, Tea Bar

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Did I say this or is it a quote error? As I dont think I said it.

To add for clarification. There is a quote in that message that I dont think is mine but it says it is.

17. Scottfield

Scottfield Member

Maybe an infographic?

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

19. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

The brisket wrap by stranger naans is :thumbs:

Pink Panther likes this.
  20. YTC

YTC Human Man

21. Jimbob73

The Shak is back, The Shak is back, hello, hello!

22. Pink Panther

Sorry, it's a quote error caused by a dinosaur operating a smartphone that appears to be bit too smart for me. The quoted paragraph was by Pompeydunc, I had to remove one of your quotes that got in there by mistake when I held my finger on the wrong part of the screen and must have left your tag in.

Fixed it now.

23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Its ok. Was just confused. As obviously the one time I had the burger it was the biggest one.

Terrible bun I heard :cool:

24. Jimbob73

5 more sleeps!!

25. Cyclodunc

So you can finish one of their £8 burgers but not a carvery...

Dulwich Mishi and B.I.G like this.
  26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I HAD HAD A FIVE GUYS! #EnglandRose

jnrknight likes this.
  27. Pink Panther

I still haven't forgotten B.I.G bringing a 5 litre bottle of water to a pre-season match at Whyteleafe. I know it was a hot day, but that's a gallon of water. I get through 2 litres watching cricket for 6 hours if it's really hot.

B.I.G likes this.
  28. YTC

YTC Human Man

All advanced (both from Bar, which closed Thursday, and Online) tickets are now sold out.

We have held back a limited amount of tickets for the door, but recommend getting there just before 12pm when gates open to guarantee entry.

Can't wait for actual Christmas, the 26th.

bkbk, WillClunas and scousedom like this.
  29. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I think it might be an idea to give a number to the limited amount as those on a tight schedule may not bother to come if they think they won’t get in.

Jamie Wyatt and Pink Panther like this.
  30. Pink Panther

It's been reported that 1,000 were sold online, then 1,400 in total after sales from the clubhouse closed on Thursday, then we have around 400 season ticket holders whom we have to assume will attend. Therefore I assume up to 1,200 or so will be able to pay on the gate.

I realise it's impossible to predict the level of demand for such a unique occasion as the Hamlet returning home for Christmas, but I think it's in the nature of modern spectator events that some people think they won't get in without an advance ticket and I don't want anyone to miss out because of that.

Decades ago everyone paid on the gate and stood on the terrace for big football matches and if you didn't get there early enough the gates might be locked. I doubt that will happen on Wednesday, but just get there before half 2 and make sure.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.