Dulwich Home For Christmas - The Return to Champion Hill

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Nov 23, 2018.

1. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

Non league forum post ~2020 "they don't like us, apparently we tell the same gags over and over again"

pettyboy, Cyclodunc and YTC like this.
  2. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

I'd settle for chips.

YTC likes this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Saw the spirits list on the twitter. Im impressed YTC

Insert obligatory moan / complaint in this post later.

Blitzwalker, YTC and WillClunas like this.
  4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I think samphire would work better than kale myself. Unless it was Edgar kale of course.

Blitzwalker, YTC, Nivag and 1 other person like this.
  5. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

Every couple of years there's a survey isn't there, where the public are asked to vote for the funniest thing ever on non-league forums. And every couple of years when they're asked to vote, they always choose the monkfish.

It's the funniest thing ever Will... The funniest thing on forums ever, when people make that gag about Dulwich and the monkfish...

6. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

It’s funny

7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I see online sales are soldout. How many were sold?

Need to advise people on whether to go to clubhouse for sales or how early to get there boxing day?

Apologies for tag.

YTC liamdhfc

8. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Tickets are on sale from the club between 5pm and 11pm this week. If you want to guarantee getting in.

Of course you can always buy a season ticket

1000 tickets sold so far

YTC and B.I.G like this.
  9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Just to clarify in case it needs it I meant:

I need to advise people and not liamdhfc and YTC

:D

Just because randoms are asking me.

10. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Are there any lovely people calling in to the clubhouse this week who could pick up a ticket for me please? I will reward you with a beer in Evesham and/or on Boxing Day if you were able to do that. Cheers.

11. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

I've sorted out the playlist! Don't @ me if you don't like it (as the yoot say)

12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I saw this on twitter.

Can we borrow Slow Richies for the day???

gnar182, iamwithnail and pompeydunc like this.
  13. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Would love that, but £8 burgers are banned...which is fair enough, so rules them out ...

B.I.G likes this.
  14. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Tbh there's about a kilo of meat in most of his burgers, not surprised they're expensive...

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

As you know these ones are worth it. Besides they should just bring a stack of sausage rolls :)

16. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Can we give a free pitch to the Jerk Shak? Their Jamaican patties got me through many a grey afternoon in Tooting! :)

blueheaven, takkforalt and YTC like this.
  17. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

You can get them from Sainsbury's, maybe the tea bar could offer them.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  18. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Fucking hell you lot play hardball. MAKE IT TWO PINTS THEN

StephenMac likes this.
  19. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Would happily have got yours if I was going to be at the club before Boxing Day. Helpful, eh.

Noss likes this.
  20. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

I'll grab you a ticket Noss - no pints needed... in fact I probably owe you one.

21. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Latahs Can you grab me three? Will message you on Twit, don't think I have your number.

22. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

You are my hero...thanks!

23. Cyclodunc

72 for me please.

24. Cyclodunc

Actually, make that 1893 tix. ta. not sure when I can pay you.

25. Pink Panther

This "£8 burgers" thing is a bit misleading. £8 was the biggest most expensive option. The standard burgers were £6; the problem was the lack of anything cheaper than that.

I'm not fussy about the type of food I eat, but I'd rather pay a bit more for better quality, which is why I don't use football tea bars unless I haven't had time to eat beforehand. Last Saturday at Finchley was one such occasion. I paid £3.50 for a cheeseburger which stopped me feeling hungry, but it was mediocre and I didn't actually enjoy eating it.

Hopefully we can find a way of offering the cheap and practical options as well as some premium options.

I googled them and discovered it's the pop-up that operates from Brick Brewery. Never used it but sounds good. However they seem to be on holiday from this weekend until 9th January so no good for the next three games. Also they might not have the capacity to service our games seeing as Saturdays are probably a busy time for them.

26. Cyclodunc

Their burgers are really, really tasty... and they use champion hill for food prep. You can often find their land rover defender parked outside. Their sausage rolls are great too, and they sell them at a discount to people in pink and blue on matchdays at Brick's taproom.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    B.I.G and Pink Panther like this.
  27. editor

editor hiraethified

What's the veggie/vegan options?

28. editor

editor hiraethified

Old fashioned chips are a bloody great, traditional and affordable - and if cooked properly - tasty cheapo way to fill up. Quick to serve too.

29. Pink Panther

There are several, mainly featuring a combination of *beetroot, sweet potato, goat's cheese and chips with various sauces. I still haven't mastered the art of linking pages with a smartphone, but if you google them you should be able to find a sample menu. The meaty stuff looks awesome, especially the black pudding burger, so I'm sure the veggie stuff is just as good. I like trying adventurous veggie options as well as meat. I think I might have to start going to Brick Brewery for my Sunday lunch!

* Go easy on the beetroot. I tried a recipe at home a few years ago featuring those ingredients and discovered a large portion of beetroot has laxative properties as well as colouring everything. I went into a panic the next morning thinking I was passing blood before remembering what I'd eaten the night before.

30. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

Yes, ill get your number off our associate!

iamwithnail likes this.