Dulwich Home For Christmas - The Return to Champion Hill

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Nov 23, 2018.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

See statement from the club and trust below:

Dulwich Hamlet Football Club announce the first league fixtures back at Champion Hill

After a month of works on the stadium and the pitch to return the ground to the level required to host first team games the club and the supporter’s trust look forward to welcoming the community back to Champion Hill over the festive period.

Dulwich Hamlet Football Club and Dulwich Hamlet Supporters’ Trust are pleased to announce a hat trick of games to celebrate our return to Champion Hill with the first home league game confirmed as our Boxing Day fixture against Eastbourne Borough at 3pm on Wednesday December 26, 2018 closely followed by two more, against Slough Town at 3pm on Saturday December 29, 2018 and then against Bath City at 3pm on Saturday January 5, 2019.

The club and the trust would like to thank all of the volunteers and contributors who have helped to make the return home a reality over the past month by providing resources at incredibly short notice including Meadow Partners, Southwark Council and the National League. The local community members, tradespeople and businesses who have worked round the clock are too numerous to mention in a single statement but the club and the trust will ensure their efforts are acknowledged in due course.

It should also be acknowledged that the work on the stadium and the pitch was completed in time to host the game at 3pm on Saturday December 1, 2018 against Torquay United with the full support of the council and the league however that game will be our final game at Imperial Fields and we are grateful to Tooting & Mitcham FC for their agreement. The decision was taken after consultation with Torquay United about how best to accommodate their considerably higher than average away attendances and the club and the trust felt that the additional ticketing, facilities and safety measures would have resulted in limited availability and a less than optimal matchday experience for both sets of fans. We would like to thank Torquay United and the National League for their help and support during that process.

Tickets for our final game at Imperial Fields against Torquay United will be made available online. This is not an all-ticket match however, and supporters will be able to pay on the gate as usual.

Announcements for the release of tickets for the first three league games back at Champion Hill will be made in the next week.

Depending on FA Trophy results there is also the prospect of an earlier cup fixture on Saturday December 15, 2018.

On the website here: Dulwich Home For Christmas - News - Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

WillClunas, sankara, darryl and 4 others like this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

There's also the potential for no fixture if we lose to Welling as no National League fixtures are scheduled for that date, in which case it might be useful to arrange a friendly both as a fundraiser and to test our matchday operations at a less challenging fixture.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  3. dessiato

dessiato Mele Kalikimaka hauʻoli hou makahiki

As someone who hasn't, and is unlikely ever to, visit DHFC, I'm surprised how much this touched me. It is great to hear that the Hamlet is going home. It's a wonderful gift for the fans.

4. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

To Pink Panther above. Agreed, Chelsea Youth would be a fantastic fixture.

5. YTC

YTC Human Man

In other exciting news, The Club Bar will be opening 7 days a week, showing every game of football imaginable (well, that is on Sky or BT Sports).

More info over the coming week or so.

6. EDC

All profits to the club hopefully ?

7. YTC

YTC Human Man

Entirely, we now run the bar, and have installed our own bar manager.

8. Pink Panther

Whoever is available. Doesn't have to be anyone out of the ordinary.

9. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Great news. Fantastic about the bar too, I need a new 'local'

10. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Fantastic news.

Will other matchday operations be along the lines of what currently happens at Tooting, e.g. turnstiles and stewarding will be sourced by the club through a mix of volunteers and paid staff?

11. YTC

YTC Human Man

The club will be running every aspect of the matchday.

12. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

Brilliant news – with real ale on all the time?

pompeydunc and EDC like this.
  13. SaveDHFC

SaveDHFC Football's coming home

Is the club bar going to have a name? I reckon it could use a name!

Noss likes this.
  14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Jack’s bar.

SaveDHFC likes this.
  15. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

No Payne No Glory

pompeydunc and Noss like this.
  16. YTC

YTC Human Man

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Jimbob73 likes this.
  17. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

That link seems to be dead.

edit: nm, fixed.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  18. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

If it does, then lets go for something from our past rather than what's witty or relevant now.

"Kail's Ales"

and as an avid lager drinker I hate the wishy washy stuff

Pink Panther and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  19. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

The Rabble's Return

20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Its already called Jack's place.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  21. EDC

Mishie’s Toe.

baleboy_93 likes this.
  22. Pink Panther

Yes, definitely not anything daft or quirky.

23. EDC

^ Not keen on Mishie’s Toe then ? Too relevant on both counts.

24. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

What was the can bar named? Seem to recall a competition to name it? (May be wrong)

25. Pink Panther

That was all a bit fishy. We were never told who submitted or chose the winning entry, after people had donated to the 12th Man Fund to make suggestions, and everyone just continued calling it "the outside bar" anyway.

I'm not a fan of giving random bits of the ground official names anyway. O

iamwithnail likes this.
  26. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

27. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

I just remember how simple Thurrock United kept it - big black waste bins with cans in for soft drinks others for beer and larger

I do hope we have sorted out the tea bar for those that would prefer non alcoholic drinks with their bar of chocolate or food

blueheaven and iamwithnail like this.
  28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Rabbler’s Rest. liamdhfc on the website said the winning entrant wished to remain anonymous.

29. EDC

. And toilets, plenty of them male and female.

iamwithnail likes this.
  30. YTC

YTC Human Man

WillClunas likes this.