Dulwich Hamlet vs Woking, Mon 22nd April 2019, 3pm - the football thread

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Apr 12, 2019.

1. editor

editor Forked with electrons

I thought it was getting feta.

Lucy Fur likes this.
  2. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

and you thought jangling keys was bad

crocustim and WillClunas like this.
  3. R A W A

R A W A Banned Banned

I notice our players’ celebrations during the 3-1 dicking didn’t specifically condemn the NAZIS in our support. Are they as bad as the Tommy Robinson supporters then?

Editor - biggest cunt I’ve ever come across. And I genuinely mean that. A smug, whining, intolerant cock even by Dulwich standards.

4. editor

Thanks. You've certainly done Woking proud here.

oh, and bye.

5. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Oh don’t ban that was just getting interesting!

supersafari and Cyclodunc like this.
  6. Cardinal

Cardinal Member

I don't want to revive the bickering (or the cheese puns), but I do want to compliment DHFC on last week's game. The weather was was nice, the beer and food were good and of course the result helped too. If we're still in this league next season I'll be looking forward to this fixture. Cheers.

7. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

currently 2:0 down to Wealdstone in their semi so looking forward to a repeat of this horseplay next season. :facepalm:

8. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Bollocks looks like we'll be playing you next season then

9. editor

Feeling's mutual :(

Argonia likes this.
  10. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

Can't be the Wealdstone we beat 3 weeks ago. Must be a different Wealdstone!

editor likes this.
  11. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

2917 attendance including 600 Wealdstone fans. That’s pretty poor ?

12. EDC

2-2 now.

13. EDC

3-2 to Woking at the mo.

Argonia likes this.
  14. EDC

All over

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Imagine being a non-league football fan and posting negatively about your own team's chances in a playoff game they go on to win on an unrelated team's forum :facepalm:

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Classic Woking :rolleyes:

17. editor

Let's hope they get promoted and fuck off.

18. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'd say that's good for a semi-final. The important game is next weekend otherwise victory today means nothing.

Welling beat Chelmsford 3-2 in today's other semi-final so the final is Woking at home to Welling.

The North Final is Chorley v Spennymoor.

Argonia likes this.
  19. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

What I don't understand is what happens if four teams get relegated from the National League who are all southern teams? They can't all go in the National League South can they?

20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The Northern most of all the teams in the NLS apart from the ones that moved last season go in the North.

Argonia likes this.
  21. Pink Panther

We're probably going to lose two of Braintree, Gloucester and Oxford, depending on whether the FA do it on absolute north or proximity to motorway routes.

Or if Gateshead fold or are expelled from the National Division as rumoured, Aldershot would stay up and only one club would need to move sideways.

Argonia likes this.
  22. EDC

I can think of one club that would have had over 3000.

I’ve caught unhealthy obsession disease.

23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Clean the dildo first.

WillClunas and EDC like this.
  24. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Parting is such sweet sorrow, Hamlet. Good luck next season.

Noss, EDC and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  25. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Something for everyone in this result.

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  26. editor

I am absolutely delighted that I don't have to visit Woking's ground and not have them - and their Tommy Robinson loving, all-segregating fans - back at Champion Hill for at least one season. Deep joy.

27. Cardinal

Cardinal Member

Indeed. We're back to playing the likes of Notts County and Stockport, rather than Concord and Welling. I'm happy with that.

Good luck for next season. Now you've had a year to get used to this level, I think you'll have an outside chance of the playoffs. You're bigger and better supported than most of the rest of the division and that should count for something.

28. editor

Personally I don't want us to go any higher if the future is going to look like Woking with unpleasant segregation and Tommy Robinson buffoons showing up at Champion Hill. I'd be happy with some great cup runs and similar adventures.

29. Pink Panther

Let's keep things in perspective. Literally no more than a handful of idiots were engaging 2 or 3 Police Officers in a stupid confrontation outside East Dulwich station. I think it may have been just one of them (an older man standing in the background) chanting Tommy Robinson's name. All this was included in a brief video clip posted online which seemed to be taken down soon afterwards, and there was anecdotal evidence of (presumably) the same few idiots abusing our supporters crossing St Francis Park after the game. Idiots like this are not necessarily exclusive to relatively big clubs with a large travelling support.

Now our ground is close to full capacity we've probably reached a point at which any game likely to attract 500 or so away supporters will need to be segregated, regardless of whether that's against Woking, Torquay, Maidstone, Aldershot or any other club we've hosted in the past without a problem.

I'm not desperate to go up again right now, but I do want to see us keep progressing in the long term and if we become a top 3 side at this level it may happen and the club should embrace the opportunity. (6th and 7th placed teams in the play offs is just stupid in my opinion, it's encouraging clubs to run before they can walk.)

The bottom line is that we need a better ground (or improvements to the current one) regardless of which division we're in.