Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet vs Woking, Mon 22nd April 2019, 3pm - the football thread

B.I.G

So from your limited experience of 2 or 3 posters on this forum you bring your absolute conclusion on what the club is or isn't doing. I assume that you would want your club to ban any fans supporting UKIP ( I should have said UKIP above rather than Brexit Party) to be DHFC supporters for holding distasteful views. It's probably about 6% of your fanbase. What about any antisemites who are on the far left of Labour ? ... you can see where that leads I am sure.. totalitarianism comes in many guises (including liberal) and we know there is no DHFC universal ethos ...
Basically I think you are a bit thick.

Football supporters should police themselves.

Trust me Dulwich Mishi and others won’t have any issues disagreeing with me either in person or on the forum.

I wouldn’t ban anyone for their views but you are obviously too thick to understand the difference between someone having a view and chanting that view after a football match.

My absolute conclusion is that Woking fans don’t police themselves, Nazis in their midst, flares, segregation.

Go police your own fans rather than talking bollocks about totalitarianism.

Charltonlaw

I'm sure there's all sorts of unsavoury views lurking amongst quite a few Dulwich Hamlet fans, but if I regularly went on away trips and found myself amongst unchallenged twats in my team's colours chanting their support for Tommy The Twat Racist Robinson, I'd get a bit concerned.
Exactly and the vast majority of Woking fans would be far more than 'a bit concerned'. However if I put what you've just put here about being
' a bit concerned' certain posters would be on it like a rash. Football is a microcosm of the wider society - illegality has to be hit with the law and everything else has to be managed and worked out together. Anyway all the best - suspect we won't get anywhere in this 'football' thread. The irony is that the vast majority of our fans were very good natured and enjoyed the day and the visit - it wasn't perfect but the vast majority of the DHFC supporters were very friendly.

B.I.G

Exactly and the vast majority of Woking fans would be far more than 'a bit concerned'. However if I put what you've just put here about being
' a bit concerned' certain posters would be on it like a rash. Football is a microcosm of the wider society - illegality has to be hit with the law and everything else has to be managed and worked out together. Anyway all the best - suspect we won't get anywhere in this 'football' thread. The irony is that the vast majority of our fans were very good natured and enjoyed the day and the visit - it wasn't perfect but the vast majority of the DHFC supporters were very friendly.
But the vast majority including yourself should be doing something amongst yourselves.

But as I said, you are a bit thick.

Charltonlaw

Basically I think you are a bit thick.

Football supporters should police themselves.

Trust me Dulwich Mishi and others won’t have any issues disagreeing with me either in person or on the forum.

I wouldn’t ban anyone for their views but you are obviously too thick to understand the difference between someone having a view and chanting that view after a football match.

My absolute conclusion is that Woking fans don’t police themselves, Nazis in their midst, flares, segregation.

Go police your own fans rather than talking bollocks about totalitarianism.
All the best

editor

hiraethified
I guess that - selfishly - I want to enjoy going to watch football games that appear inclusive to my local community. And just like I wouldn't like a militant vegan telling me to put down my cheese sarnie, I wouldn't like a bunch of brutish oafs in my team's colours bellowing that fuckwit's name at every turn, even more so given the clear xenophobic and violent associations that go with Mr Makey Uppey Name and his supporters.

editor

hiraethified
I guess that - selfishly - I want to enjoy going to watch football games that appear inclusive to my local community. And just like I wouldn't like a militant vegan telling me to put down my cheese sarnie, I wouldn't like a bunch of brutish oafs in my team's colours bellowing that fuckwit's name at every turn, even more so given the clear xenophobic and violent associations that go with Mr Makey Uppey Name and his supporters.
Look! I've got both Charltonlaw and B.I.G to like the same post! Perhaps there is hope for peace and harmony.

Pink Panther

I wouldn't like a bunch of brutish oafs in my team's colours bellowing that fuckwit's name at every turn, even more so given the clear xenophobic and violent associations that go with Mr Makey Uppey Name and his supporters.
It's a rather odd made up name for a neo-fascist bellend to choose, given that it's not remotely similar to his actual name. I always just think of gay rights campaigner and musician Tom Robinson. I wonder whether some other idiot will think "I need a more blokey man-of-the-people name to reinforce my credentials and rally the hate mob. What about Pete Tatchell? Yeah, that's just right!"

tonysingh

Random Clever and Witty Strapline
It's a rather odd made up name for a neo-fascist bellend to choose, given that it's not remotely similar to his actual name. I always just think of gay rights campaigner and musician Tom Robinson. I wonder whether some other idiot will think "I need a more blokey man-of-the-people name to reinforce my credentials and rally the hate mob. What about Pete Tatchell? Yeah, that's just right!"
I guess it's because he thinks it sounds more working class and 'authentic.' The twat.
Or he could have picked the name as a tribute to a Luton Town facist and hooligan...which is what he actually did.