Dulwich Hamlet vs Woking, Mon 22nd April 2019, 3pm - the football thread

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Surely people are free to sing & chant as they like as there no universal Dulwich ethic or manifesto? :D

Pink Panther and Cyclodunc like this.
  2. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Indeed. And they jangle their keys as close to your ears as possible.

3. Dulwich Mishi

Please, they are welcome to do that... though they would run the risk of them being grabbed and thrown out of the ground...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    B.I.G and TonyWalt like this.
  4. editor

Not when you're surrounded by a symphony of key janglers and hilarious folks clutching mini bells. Oh, the japes! What larks.

TonyWalt likes this.
  5. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

Keys make superb knuckle dusters

Dulwich Mishi and B.I.G like this.
  6. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Well-Known Member

A few times I have had the misfortune of having ‘janglers’ right next to me. In the old days I could have just moved a few yards to another ‘viewing area’. Nowadays there is little option but to try to ignore the keys jangling, or move and not have a view.
    Thankfully the majority of janglers don’t travel to away games, where keys are kept where they should be, in your pocket!

I sound like a right grump dont I?! Lol

7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The janglers are unlikely to be tough so just get grumpy in person.

8. Dulwich Mishi

They certainly do! Old Skool! :D

tonysingh likes this.
  9. R A W A

R A W A Banned Banned

Yesssss! It seems like we agree on at least one thing at least:D

I’ll stop posting on here now... see you next season (probably).

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The Woking forum agrees with us on your own pricks, concentrate on them, more bannings to come.

R A W A likes this.
  11. editor

Why do you keep running away from the question I asked?

Here it is again: When you saw that footage of some of your lot acting like loutish teenagers and chanting 'Tommy Robinson' by East Dulwich station... does that make you proud? Is that what you call a 'decent away following' for your club? Is that the kind of thing you think the club and most of its supporters want to be associated with?

12. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

The attendance has been adjusted to 3022
    made it 6th highest in non league football on the day

13. R A W A

R A W A Banned Banned

Given you’re by far the most boring bastard I’ve ever come across and self appointed moral guardian I’ll answer your question:

- haven’t seen the footage as the tweet got deleted
    - they’re strange people and wannabe Danny Dyer’s, most of our fans don’t like them
    - we had a decent following nonetheless

Now answer my question:

Why are you such an unbearable prick who speaks like all of his opinions are fact?

Jamie Wyatt and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  14. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

There’s a new thread opened on the Cardboard forum and it’s very complimentary as well as scathing of the muppets at the station.

R A W A and editor like this.
  15. editor

Totally believe you, pottymouth!

16. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

So your only comment is ‘most of our fans don’t like them’. I would expect a little stronger condemnation of your fans behaviour, clearly speaks volumes either about you and/or your club. Also I don’t understand your comment about comparing them to Danny Dyer? I think that does him a massive disservice I don’t have him in the same bracket as Tommy Robinson do you?

I’m not left, right or centre or even a hipster I just support a club that has a strong moral purpose clearly you and your club should take a long hard look at yourselves because as far as I am concerned if your club fail to tackle this issue then you are are just as bad as the Tommy Robinson’s wannabes.

Really there is only one prick and he joined a forum to ignore the inadequacies of his own club! Morning by the way!

editor likes this.
  17. Charltonlaw

Charltonlaw New Member

Woking fan here. The Danny Dyer comment is no doubt to do with Real Football Factories series which glorifies the Green Street culture - also where Yaxley-Lennon gets much of his support. Its sad and of course any club has to take it seriously but nowhere near the levels of Torquay or many of the clubs in NLP where segregation is the norm and drinking on the terraces not possible. In perspective its 15 - 20 of an away following of 400 or so - the vast majority enjoyed an end of season game in summer temperatures - many in fancy dress. Dulwich were all very friendly, the beer was nice but very expensive, there was yellow hatching. Might see you next year and, if so, it could be the start of a beautiful friendship ...

Ronco, editor and R A W A like this.
  18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

This is just so wrong. If you want a football club to be proud of, they have to be forced out, condemned, their presence unacceptable and unwanted.

The phrase “in perspective” means that its acceptable to you.

But do what you want, its your club, your fanbase, your 10,000 seater stadium :rolleyes:

And your sale of your club to property developers :facepalm:

editor likes this.
  19. R A W A

R A W A Banned Banned

Anyway - how’s Anthony Cook done for you this season? I think I read he’s scored a couple of free kicks recently. He must have tried about 25 for us last season without hitting the target..

20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Nazis in your club.... anyone want to talk about Anthony Cook?

Fuck off and die.

21. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Drinking during the day just isn't for you

22. Dulwich Mishi

Charming! Guilty by association! What kind of attitude is that...

R A W A likes this.
  23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I didn’t call him a Nazi.

If Woking don’t put all their efforts into combating it watch it grow.

That’s my attitude.

24. Dulwich Mishi

No, your attitude is a fuck off and die, which hardly paints a nice picture of our club either...

25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I don’t care about our image. Why should I? Am I responsible for it.

I hope all people whose response to Nazis is whataboutery should fuck off and die.

26. Charltonlaw

Charltonlaw New Member

Blimey you really are full of yourself aren't you. My post was IMO an attempt to focus on the positives of the day and the club rather than the idiots. I'm Mr liberal lefty and hate all Tommy Robinson stands for but last time I looked he and his acolytes aren't illegal. Last time I looked the Brexit party were championing him. I hate Brexit but it's a legal party standing in the European elections and what you are suggesting is a totalitarian approach to running a football club. If fans break the law Woking will come down on them like a ton of bricks... If not we have to win arguments rather than impose our views by force! All my post was trying to show is that there are positives in both clubs... I won't tar all DHFC fans by by your pompous views if you don't tar all Woking fans and the club by our idiots. I think the vast majority of reasonable fans can see that.. I suspect you aren't in that camp.

27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

What are the Woking fans to combat it? Nothing beyond hanging out on the Dulwich forum.

Maybe you should go claim your precious middle ground amongst your own fans.

28. Charltonlaw

Charltonlaw New Member

So from your limited experience of 2 or 3 posters on this forum you bring your absolute conclusion on what the club is or isn't doing. I assume that you would want your club to ban any fans supporting UKIP ( I should have said UKIP above rather than Brexit Party) to be DHFC supporters for holding distasteful views. It's probably about 6% of your fanbase. What about any antisemites who are on the far left of Labour ? ... you can see where that leads I am sure.. totalitarianism comes in many guises (including liberal) and we know there is no DHFC universal ethos ...

29. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Love the way that this was created specifically as a football thread and has descended into a bantz thread.

30. editor

I'm sure there's all sorts of unsavoury views lurking amongst quite a few Dulwich Hamlet fans, but if I regularly went on away trips and found myself amongst unchallenged twats in my team's colours chanting their support for Tommy The Twat Racist Robinson, I'd get a bit concerned.

B.I.G likes this.