Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet vs Woking, Mon 22nd April 2019, 3pm - the football thread

tonysingh

Random Clever and Witty Strapline
Because we actually have a decent away following unlike your fans who probably don’t even know there’s such a thing as an away game.

We don’t cry about it either unlike your fake left fans.
Ohhh them true colours are shining through now eh? :D

Pink Panther

I didn't expect much from this game, as mentioned above it could have been a different result if Hunte's shot had gone in but it was a brilliant save from their keeper.
They were ruthless once they had scored and didn't let up even after 3 goals.
I was very confident of getting something from the game beforehand. We'd had 4 wins and 2 draws from our last 6 home games, whereas Woking hadn't won any of their last 6 league games. Of course sequences like that don't last forever and the final score yesterday reflected the two teams' overall level for the season rather than their recent form. The fact that we'd played 48 hours earlier whereas Woking had an extra day's rest since their previous match may also have helped them.

It might also have helped us had Green or Clunis been available to come off the bench when Hunte went off. I always feel attack is our best form of defence.

scousedom

Because we actually have a decent away following unlike your fans who probably don’t even know there’s such a thing as an away game.

Your implicit assumption that there can't be a significant amount of away fans without there being the need for segregation is quite revealing isn't it? It's almost like you think that different sets of fans have to be kept apart and if they aren't there will always be trouble.
I wonder why it is that you think that...

editor

hiraethified

So when you see that footage of some of your lot acting like loutish teenagers and chanting Tommy Robinson... does that make you proud? Is that what you call a 'decent away following'?

And Hamlet's supposed lack of an away following? Oh dear.

2019-04-23_113310.jpg

R A W A

Banned
Banned
So when you see that footage of some of your lot acting like loutish teenagers and chanting Tommy Robinson... does that make you proud? Is that what you call a 'decent away following'?

And Hamlet's supposed lack of an away following? Oh dear.

View attachment 168740
That’s why we brought 500 to you and you only managed 167 at Kingfield. Oh dear indeed. Carry on.

liamdhfc

Difficult to compare like for like numbers of away fans across the two games. Firstly, I believe 500 may be overstating the numbers and 167 is definitely understating as quite a few fans entered via the wrong turnstiles. In addition, Woking area big club used to the heights of the National League and so not put off attending by segregation, whereas Hamlet fans are not used to being treated that way so quite a number didn't bother travelling.

Cyclodunc

Where's the slam tent, mate?
I thought Hunte was outstanding until his injury interrupted our momentum. Aryan’s goal was excellent. He has settled in nicely after his first few games were peppered with sloppy patches of play. You can clearly see him and Hunte have a good understanding and rapport. Well done to everyone at the club for the hard work this season. It was inevitably going to be a tricky one, and I think we will be able to have a much more settled 2019/20 campaign.

Pink Panther

I thought Hunte was outstanding until his injury interrupted our momentum. Aryan’s goal was excellent. He has settled in nicely after his first few games were peppered with sloppy patches of play. You can clearly see him and Hunte have a good understanding and rapport. Well done to everyone at the club for the hard work this season. It was inevitably going to be a tricky one, and I think we will be able to have a much more settled 2019/20 campaign.
I just hope Hunte's injury isn't as serious as it looked. It's sickening to see someone stretchered off like that after a deliberate foul that made no attempt to win the ball. He was looking like someone well worth keeping for next season until then.

It was also clear that Charlie Allen is well short of the necessary match fitness for this level after seeing him play most of the game for the first time. He's got the ability but a couple of times his legs let him down especially that moment in the first half when Dipo slipped him in on goal and he just couldn't reach the ball and pull the trigger quickly enough before he was tackled. I'm sure he could be much more effective with a pre-season behind him.

editor

hiraethified
I felt that him being hobbled by their number 6 was a real turning point of the game.

TonyWalt

Agree, thought Hunte was excellent. Hope we keep him and Ayran.
The Woking fella made one point I slightly agree with. The key jangling (Ringing little bells) being a bit pathetic.
Am I allowed to admit to that view point? Lol

tonysingh

Agree, thought Hunte was excellent. Hope we keep him and Ayran.
The Woking fella made one point I slightly agree with. The key jangling (Ringing little bells) being a bit pathetic.
Am I allowed to admit to that view point? Lol
Are you Mishi in disguise? :D

editor

hiraethified
I wish I had a foot operated trapdoor to despatch the newbie bellends behind me into the abyss.
To the amusement of his chums, one was determined to try and get his song of 'We're pink and blue and we're coming for you' gain traction. Despite endless repetition and his buffoon pals gamely joining in, it thankfully swiftly dissipated into the sunshine, hopefully never to be heard again.

And, yes, they were also doing the 'aaaargh you're shit' to the keeper.

If I didn't have such a hangover I may have attempted to exert quality control.

tonysingh

I wish I had a foot operated trapdoor to despatch the newbie bellends behind me into the abyss.
To the amusement of his chums, one was determined to try and get his song of 'We're pink and blue and we're coming for you' gain traction. Despite endless repetition and his buffoon pals gamely joining in, it thankfully swiftly dissipated into the sunshine, hopefully never to be heard again.

And, yes, they were also doing the 'aaaargh you're shit' to the keeper.

If I didn't have such a hangover I may have attempted to exert quality control.
Perhaps some form of pre approved DHFC chants and the like might be an idea... ;)