Dulwich Hamlet vs Woking, Mon 22nd April 2019, 3pm - the football thread

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Apr 12, 2019.

1. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

Ohhh them true colours are shining through now eh? :D

B.I.G likes this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I was very confident of getting something from the game beforehand. We'd had 4 wins and 2 draws from our last 6 home games, whereas Woking hadn't won any of their last 6 league games. Of course sequences like that don't last forever and the final score yesterday reflected the two teams' overall level for the season rather than their recent form. The fact that we'd played 48 hours earlier whereas Woking had an extra day's rest since their previous match may also have helped them.

It might also have helped us had Green or Clunis been available to come off the bench when Hunte went off. I always feel attack is our best form of defence.

Moroccan Sunset and B.I.G like this.
  3. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Your implicit assumption that there can't be a significant amount of away fans without there being the need for segregation is quite revealing isn't it? It's almost like you think that different sets of fans have to be kept apart and if they aren't there will always be trouble.
    I wonder why it is that you think that...

B.I.G likes this.
  4. editor

editor Forked with electrons

So when you see that footage of some of your lot acting like loutish teenagers and chanting Tommy Robinson... does that make you proud? Is that what you call a 'decent away following'?

And Hamlet's supposed lack of an away following? Oh dear.

2019-04-23_113310.jpg

Buffalo Bill likes this.
  5. R A W A

R A W A Banned Banned

That’s why we brought 500 to you and you only managed 167 at Kingfield. Oh dear indeed. Carry on.

6. editor

Are you unable to read the numbers above? I'm so sorry.

Now, about my other question. Are you going to answer it?

7. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Don't feed the troll.

Majority of Woking fans were great, unfortunately a few dickheads who can't hold their [£5.50] beer spoiled it :thumbs:

YTC, Nivag, Pthorne and 3 others like this.
  8. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Difficult to compare like for like numbers of away fans across the two games. Firstly, I believe 500 may be overstating the numbers and 167 is definitely understating as quite a few fans entered via the wrong turnstiles. In addition, Woking area big club used to the heights of the National League and so not put off attending by segregation, whereas Hamlet fans are not used to being treated that way so quite a number didn't bother travelling.

Moroccan Sunset, editor and Cat Daisy like this.
  9. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Love this football only thread.

10. Cyclodunc

I thought Hunte was outstanding until his injury interrupted our momentum. Aryan’s goal was excellent. He has settled in nicely after his first few games were peppered with sloppy patches of play. You can clearly see him and Hunte have a good understanding and rapport. Well done to everyone at the club for the hard work this season. It was inevitably going to be a tricky one, and I think we will be able to have a much more settled 2019/20 campaign.

Ronco, takkforalt, Nivag and 8 others like this.
  11. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

If this game hadn't been segregated/ticket only, and even if Woking hadn't brought a single fan, I reckon we'd have seen a gate of 3,000+ yesterday.

Funny old game...

12. YTC

YTC Human Man

Woking only sold 300 odd. Illusions of grandeur down in Surrey.

Moroccan Sunset and Nivag like this.
  13. Pink Panther

I just hope Hunte's injury isn't as serious as it looked. It's sickening to see someone stretchered off like that after a deliberate foul that made no attempt to win the ball. He was looking like someone well worth keeping for next season until then.

It was also clear that Charlie Allen is well short of the necessary match fitness for this level after seeing him play most of the game for the first time. He's got the ability but a couple of times his legs let him down especially that moment in the first half when Dipo slipped him in on goal and he just couldn't reach the ball and pull the trigger quickly enough before he was tackled. I'm sure he could be much more effective with a pre-season behind him.

Moroccan Sunset, Nivag and editor like this.
  14. editor

I felt that him being hobbled by their number 6 was a real turning point of the game.

15. editor

He struggled to contribute much at all given his clear lack of fitness.

16. Cyclodunc

Bit harsh

17. Cyclodunc

Heard it was a hamstring pull for Hunte.

18. Pink Panther

With hindsight Wanadio might have been the better substitute at that point, but it was an opportunity to see what he could do in a match where the points weren't vital. I suspect Clunis will replace Hunte at Weston-super-Mare.

Moroccan Sunset and editor like this.
  19. Pink Panther

I guess that's preferable to ligaments or a cartilage, although a bad tear can still be quite problematic in terms of recovery.

20. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Well-Known Member

Agree, thought Hunte was excellent. Hope we keep him and Ayran.
    The Woking fella made one point I slightly agree with. The key jangling (Ringing little bells) being a bit pathetic.
    Am I allowed to admit to that view point? Lol

R A W A likes this.
  21. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

You are and it’s wank.

R A W A, Jamie Wyatt and TonyWalt like this.
  22. tonysingh

Are you Mishi in disguise? :D

TonyWalt likes this.
  23. cg__

cg__ Active Member

where does/did the key jangling even come from?

24. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Hell. It comes from hell.

25. editor

I wish I had a foot operated trapdoor to despatch the newbie bellends behind me into the abyss.
    To the amusement of his chums, one was determined to try and get his song of 'We're pink and blue and we're coming for you' gain traction. Despite endless repetition and his buffoon pals gamely joining in, it thankfully swiftly dissipated into the sunshine, hopefully never to be heard again.

And, yes, they were also doing the 'aaaargh you're shit' to the keeper.

If I didn't have such a hangover I may have attempted to exert quality control.

TonyWalt likes this.
  26. tonysingh

Perhaps some form of pre approved DHFC chants and the like might be an idea... ;)

B.I.G likes this.
  27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Needs to be

28. editor

I prefer my trapdoor idea.

29. Cyclodunc

What was the tune? Doesn't seem that bad.

30. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

We did... we couldn’t count!:D

B.I.G likes this.