Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet vs Woking, Mon 22nd April 2019, 3pm - the football thread

Nivag

I didn't expect much from this game, as mentioned above it could have been a different result if Hunte's shot had gone in but it was a brilliant save from their keeper.
They were ruthless once they had scored and didn't let up even after 3 goals.

editor

hiraethified
This was posted on FB. Sigh.

A group of Woking fans were causing some bother around East Dulwich station after the game. We mixed in with them walking through the park and they knocked a Dulwich fan's cap from his head after a bit of chanting between them and him. Walking around the corner, a few police got out of a van and followed them to the station where they were hanging around the entrance. The police tackled one of them who was up to something that I didn't see and a small group of them were chanting about Tommy Robinson. One of their group pushed into someone in my group who was behind me, which I only found out about after it happened. The police moved them on after a few minutes.

Cat Daisy

A bit of a reality check on the pitch. Maybe Cook's free-kick would have gone in if the wall had been back the full ten yards but Woking didn't look like a side that had failed to win in six games. Decent of their number 3 to take a corner of the stretcher when Hunte had to go off - not sure why there was no one else to do it?
But I would have settled for mid table at the start of the season.
All the segregation business shows another reason why a 3000+ ground isn't big enough.

scousedom

To follow up on the previous thread. We've been penned in, with a yellow hatched area, and yes we got beer at pitchside (at £5.50 a pint!) But the food was crap - £3 for frozen chips (even more expensive than ours!), no Caribbean shack or bratwurst for us . But we're away fans, that's what happens: get used to it. And we won ... easily. That's what football's about. We can gloat now, when you beat us next year I expect the reverse
Ha ha, Happy of Woking.
My two year old has worked out that if he behaves like a dick he doesn’t get to play with his toys.
Over to you Woking fans.

R A W A

Banned
Banned
My two year old has worked out that if he behaves like a dick he doesn’t get to play with his toys.
Over to you Woking fans.
Seems like Dulwich haven’t worked that out though. Plenty of dicks in the home end today. And ringing little bells has to be the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen. Except for Anthony Cook.

Woking segregate Dulwich = Woking’s fault.
Dulwich segregate Woking = Woking’s fault.

Cheers for the 3 points boys. Neeeeeext. Keep crying on here it’s amazing to read.

R A W A

Banned
Banned
Everywhere you go there’s segregation.
Everywhere we go there’s no segregation. Except at Woking.
My two year old has worked this out. Over to you Woking fans.
Yep “everywhere we go”. Except for the small detail that we haven’t been segregated at:

Concord
Hungerford
Chippenham
Welling
Dartford
Chelmsford
Wealdstone
Gloucester
East Thurrock
Truro
Eastbourne
Weston
Oxford
St Albans

Nice try though. Your two year old might actually be smarter than you then. Any other made up assertions from you? Over to you.

B.I.G

Yep “everywhere we go”. Except for the small detail that we haven’t been segregated at:

Concord
Hungerford
Chippenham
Welling
Dartford
Chelmsford
Wealdstone
Gloucester
East Thurrock
Truro
Eastbourne
Weston
Oxford
St Albans

Nice try though. Your two year old might actually be smarter than you then. Any other made up assertions from you? Over to you.
Flares and fighting at how many of those games.

East Thurrock and Wealdstone for sure.

Which others?

scousedom

Concord
Hungerford
Chippenham
Welling
Dartford
Chelmsford
Wealdstone
Gloucester
East Thurrock
Truro
Eastbourne
Weston
Oxford
St Albans

So you’re confirming that you were segregated at 33% of your away League games this year?
What’s the next highest?
Just so my two year old can calculate whether you are statistically 7 times, 3.5 times, 2.33 times etc more objectionable than anyone else.
I’d send you his workings but, y’know.

B.I.G

Wouldn’t be so quick with the “obviously” myself...
More the Woking fans fault in my opinion. Their fans more interested in talking about Quinoa, Cowbells, and its “only a minority” rather than dealing with the issue.

The club just ban them and have to pay the fines.

B.I.G

Ha ha, nice one. But your £5.50 a pint card only payment helps prop up the capitalist banking system. How does that fit the Dulwich ethic?
You are too thick to know that due to his career, EDC knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing :rolleyes:

editor

hiraethified
Ha ha, nice one. But your £5.50 a pint card only payment helps prop up the capitalist banking system. How does that fit the Dulwich ethic?
Sorry, what is this universal 'Dulwich ethic' and where has its manifesto been published?

crocustim

Seems like Dulwich haven’t worked that out though. Plenty of dicks in the home end today. And ringing little bells has to be the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen. Except for Anthony Cook.

Woking segregate Dulwich = Woking’s fault.
Dulwich segregate Woking = Woking’s fault.

Cheers for the 3 points boys. Neeeeeext. Keep crying on here it’s amazing to read.
This machine annoys fascists

Attachments

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days
London prices I’m afraid. The card only pissed me off the other week when I only brought cash and I had to buy a drink at the can bar I didn’t particularly want. The chip van when it’s there (not every match) is usually at the other end of the ground.

I stand to be corrected but with the exception of the can and main bars the club doesn’t set the prices and the traders pay a rent?

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
London prices I’m afraid. The card only pissed me off the other week when I only brought cash and I had to buy a drink at the can bar I didn’t particularly want. The chip van when it’s there (not every match) is usually at the other end of the ground.

I stand to be corrected but with the exception of the can and main bars the club doesn’t set the prices and the traders pay a rent?
Indeed they don’t, but I would hopefully assume the Club also know of the prices & products in advance, as I would hope this is part of the tendering process for pitches.

R A W A

Banned
Banned
So you’re confirming that you were segregated at 33% of your away League games this year?
What’s the next highest?
Just so my two year old can calculate whether you are statistically 7 times, 3.5 times, 2.33 times etc more objectionable than anyone else.
I’d send you his workings but, y’know.
Because we actually have a decent away following unlike your fans who probably don’t even know there’s such a thing as an away game.

We don’t cry about it either unlike your fake left fans.

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
Because we actually have a decent away following unlike your fans who probably don’t even know there’s such a thing as an away game.

We don’t cry about it either unlike your fake left fans.
Yawn! As it happens I do class myself as left wing, but fake fan... yeah probably... only been coming down to Champion Hill for 45 years. Still, if it keeps you amused keep on posting...