Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet vs Woking, Mon 22nd April 2019, 3pm - the football thread

pengedragon

More last minute ticket drama

My 13 year old has decided at the last minute she'd like to come, can she come in on my season ticket or is that under 13s rather than 13 an under ?

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
Tell them if they were 15 then they wouldn’t want to be hanging out with you and for the turnstile operator to mind their own business.

Put optional money in 12th man.

Mission accomplished.
Just pay, it all helps the Club through the gate anyway, no need for some fans to suggest ‘moral dishonesty’...

Dirty South

I've got one spare, if anyone misses out. I'll be at the Fox from about 1.15, sporting a large white beard and going to the ground at 2.

Pink Panther

Possible train issues for some today by the way, Birkbeck to East Dulwich doesn't seem to be running
Yes, I spotted that a while back and forgot to flag it up. Only 2 trains an hour between Tulse Hill and London Bridge instead of the usual 4, with no service on the Beckenham Junction via Crystal Palace branch.

Usual 4 trains an hour on the Overground line via Denmark Hill.

TonyWalt

Can anyone confirm the segregation arrangement this afternoon? Are the toilets Opposite stand for us or Woking fans?

tasty_snacks

It must have been really tough for our Club to arrange and implement this all-ticket segregated one, I dread to think how many extra hours of hard work people have had to put in, all around their day jobs, so well done to everyone concerned. You simply cannot please everyone unfortunately, but these decisions can’t be taken lightly, and these things aren’t done just for the sake of it.
Absolutely. It's fine to offer some constructive feedback, but I find it impossible to believe that anything other than the maximum thought and attention possible was given over to finding a workable solution for today.

Let's hope this segregated, all ticket non-sense is a one-off imposition outside of our control.

editor

hiraethified
After their number 6 hobbled Connor Hunte in the first half, we lost our direction and have been outclassed ever since.

Red max

To follow up on the previous thread. We've been penned in, with a yellow hatched area, and yes we got beer at pitchside (at £5.50 a pint!) But the food was crap - £3 for frozen chips (even more expensive than ours!), no Caribbean shack or bratwurst for us . But we're away fans, that's what happens: get used to it. And we won ... easily. That's what football's about. We can gloat now, when you beat us next year I expect the reverse
Ha ha, Happy of Woking.

Roger D

Not the experience we wish to deliver but today, needs must. As for getting used to it, no thank you. Hopefully we won't have to do it in the vast majority, preferably all, games next season and we can make away fans welcome.

Red max

Not the experience we wish to deliver but today, needs must. As for getting used to it, no thank you. Hopefully we won't have to do it in the vast majority, preferably all, games next season and we can make away fans welcome.
TBH I probably felt as welcome today as you did at our place, but if you want to win games and progress up the pyramid (and who doesn't?) you will have to get used to being segregated & poor conditions for away fans. Otherwise stay in lower leagues and live in happiness. See you next season. Love from Surrey.

Roger D

We need to sort out the future of the ground before we worry about progressing in my opinion.

With our current crowds / capacity are we really viable at Conference National? As someone who lives four minutes walk from the Recreation Ground and has seen what has happened to Shots I think it is a moot point.

Progress would probably be welcome. Progress that destroys the club? No thanks. Lowe leagues and solvency every day thanks.

editor

hiraethified
To follow up on the previous thread. We've been penned in, with a yellow hatched area, and yes we got beer at pitchside (at £5.50 a pint!) But the food was crap - £3 for frozen chips (even more expensive than ours!), no Caribbean shack or bratwurst for us
Well that only happens when you get segregation which apparently is something you apparently brought upon yourselves. We've had much bigger numbers of away fans turn up with zero segregation in the past.
And you should be grateful you got a bar even if the prices were a rip off. Hamlet fans got bugger all in your ground!

But you deserved the win today. Good luck in the play offs.

Pink Panther

After their number 6 hobbled Connor Hunte in the first half, we lost our direction and have been outclassed ever since.
That was a big blow to us and upset the balance of our side when we were competing well up to that point. Hunte had our best early chance when he cut inside and unleashed a rising left foot shot that the keeper did well to touch onto the crossbar. With just under half an hour gone he threatened to do the same again when their big lump of a number six cynically shoved him over causing him to fall awkwardly and sustain a nasty looking injury. The scene momentarily seemed set for Cook to score direct from a free kick for the third game running, but this time his aim was too high. To literally add insult to injury the same bloke broke the deadlock right on half time heading in a free kick after Tajbakhsh had rather needlessly manhandled an opponent near the corner flag.

As the best teams tend to do, Woking seized the initiative when on top and scored twice more in the first fifteen minutes after half time, taking advantage of marginal errors and hesitancy in our defence with last season's Hamlet talisman Reise Allassani the scorer on each occasion. We barely created any more chances until right near the end when Ferguson couldn't quite stretch to convert a chance in the middle before Tajbakhsh notched his first goal for the club in stoppage time.

It's hard to see how Woking have dropped so many points recently, they looked a cut above the other play-off contenders, but getting the first goal seems to count for a lot in this league at least in the matches we're involved in.

EDC

A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days
To follow up on the previous thread. We've been penned in, with a yellow hatched area, and yes we got beer at pitchside (at £5.50 a pint!) But the food was crap - £3 for frozen chips (even more expensive than ours!), no Caribbean shack or bratwurst for us . But we're away fans, that's what happens: get used to it. And we won ... easily. That's what football's about. We can gloat now, when you beat us next year I expect the reverse
Ha ha, Happy of Woking.
I’ll tell you what’s really annoying, I fancied Fourpure Lager and chips today but they were in the segregated section.