Dulwich Hamlet vs Maidstone Utd, Sat 18th April - all ticket

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Feb 27, 2015.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Sibley said it was likely :)

Cyclodunc and vicarofsibley like this.
  2. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

[​IMG]

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Those crowds shots are just awesome. Makes it look like the terracing is much better than it is!

4. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Cheers Pink Panther -it was a great view from up there! Fortune favours the brave - the brave being me in this case who had to hold on quite tight to the post to stop myself getting blown off due to wind uplift from Scolly's massive scarf flag!

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

6. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

7. gareth taylor

gareth taylor Banned Banned

who would have thought Dulwich hamlet this season could have 2 record breaking crowds !

8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Certainly not me...and if anyone else says they did...they're lying! ;)

gareth taylor likes this.
  9. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

What a great day that was. Me and my other half got there at 1.50 and there were already big queues for food at the burger bar and drinks in the bar, and a lot of seats in the stand were already occupied. I reckon that, even at that time, the crowd in the stadium was around 200-300 which is incredible. Thought the Maidstone fans seemed like a good bunch too, who created a good atmosphere and just wanted to enjoy the occasion.

Will be interested to see how Maidstone do next season. I thought they looked like a really good team on Saturday - bigger, stronger and more streetwise than other sides I've seen in our division this season. They also have that bit of swagger to their play that only comes from wining games and being top of a league. Definitely deserving champions, and I think they'll do well. Which makes it all the more impressive that Dulwich held them to 0-0, dominated for parts of the game and even could have snuck a win had luck been with us on one of those chances.

Our team is looking a lot more like the team that went on that strong run earlier in the season, and I think Drage has added a bit of physical presence at the back which we needed (although I sort of miss Forbes as I think his distribution of the ball from the back is better than anyone else's). To take points from Hendon and Maidstone shows the 'back to basics' approach has worked and I've got no doubt now that we'll get the point we need next week to confirm a play-off place. Dixon-Carew-Vidal in midfield is working really well again. Harry still looks short of confidence and had two great goalscoring opportunities that he passed up - but I'm still hopeful he'll get back to his best.

No Tank on Saturday, not even during the warm up - has he left us already?

darryl, clog, editor and 1 other person like this.
  10. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  11. Dulwich Mishi

Lucy Fur likes this.
  12. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Think it was a Dulwich lad as they rest of his blog is Dulwich centric. I first saw it posted on the Maidstone forums which made me think it was a maidstone blogger at first

13. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

"Celebrity Dulwich fan Trevor Amadeus Bastard", vornstyle76

vornstyle76 likes this.
  14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You lot make vicarofsibley sad inside, that is the legendary luxury fan, podcast listeners!

clog, StephenMac, Ludo and 3 others like this.
  15. DHFC Steward

DHFC Steward Member

Thank you all for an excellent season, managed to read 25 books whilst "working" !!!! :D

sankara, clog, vicarofsibley and 5 others like this.
  16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Legend! :cool:

17. Ludo

Ludo Well-Known Member

18. Dulwich Mishi

While posting your photo on your profile...
    How to get easily sacked...number one! ;)

19. Pink Panther

I'm sure Maidstone will do well at that level, they seem to be geared up for it as a club and will be the best supported team in tthier new division. And not only did we match them on Saturday, we're unbeaten in six matches against the three teams above us! And even if Enfield and/or Not Police overtake us, we didn't lose any of our four league matches agaisnt them either!

Scrooge and editor like this.
  20. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

He was definitely out on the pitch beforehand. Injured or not required I guess.

21. Pink Panther

It was interesting to see the incident where Wilson saves with his foot at point blank range. (It's at 3:55 in the clip.) The ball went out for a 'corner' but the linesman flagged for offside. I reckon there's no way Watt (MU4) is offside, the slo-mo shows that Drage is clearly playing him on in the centre for me. So great save Phil!

He was sitting in the stand during the game in his track suit. Meant to say that in my last post then forgot!

22. all to nah

all to nah Well-Known Member

Our 0:0 was probably more fun than this one.

23. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Griff, apologies I called you Liam on way out such was the Joy on Saturday

Thanks to both you and Liam for all you do (and stewards... and many more)

DHFC Steward and darryl like this.