Dulwich Hamlet vs Maidstone Utd, Sat 18th April - all ticket

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Feb 27, 2015.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

Fuck me. There's enough advertising, pop ups and auto starting shitty vids on those links. :mad:

2. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

I have an ad blocker which killed them all

3. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

A few pics from me here...

a selection:

Cheers!.jpg In need of refreshment.jpg Jason agrees to pose for a pic.jpg Leading some singing.jpg With the mahoosive scarf.jpg

Hamlet Pete, girasol, Scutta and 2 others like this.
  4. editor

editor hiraethified

5. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

wrong link?! :)

6. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Yesterday was just great - sunshine, football, good company and a touch of madness. Can't believe that was the last home game of the season - it's been so much fun.

Already nervous about next Saturday, mind...

Scutta and clog like this.
  7. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Still stunned by the turnout but there's one major reason why it worked - the fans. 3000 in the ground, no segregation, a touch of tension on the field and a lot of the falling down juice off it but not even a sniff of trouble. Worst incident I heard was some chap from Kent who keeled over after starting his championship celebrations early, around breakfast time by the sounds of it. Oh and the sight of almost every beer tap with the "Sorry Sold Out" signs on them!

8. editor

editor hiraethified

Oops fixed!

clog likes this.
  9. darryl

And thanks to you, too, Griff, for the work you put in. It's been amazing watching the crowds grow all season, ending with 3,000 people having a party yesterday.

10. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Yeah absolutely, great work Griff_Turnstile.

11. Fingers

Yep, put me down for giving Griff some thanks. Tony and the steward team as well.

12. Fingers

3000 Dulwich Hamlet
    2938 Bromley
    2899 FC United of Manchester
    2766 Wrexham
    2758 Barrow

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  13. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

My first full game in two months. Absolutely amazing. Exhilarating to be back. Well done to whoever organised/encouraged the pre-match grouping together for singing - it makes a massive difference to the often diluted big crowd games.

B.I.G, Lucy Fur, Scolly and 5 others like this.
  14. gareth taylor

gareth taylor Banned Banned

hope gate was 3,000 any more and club would breach health and safety rules,,,,,,,,,,,

vornstyle76 likes this.
  15. darryl

Bigger than Accrington v Stevenage (1,351), Morecambe v Burton (2,139 - Burton got promoted) and Newport v Dagenham (2,737) in League Two and Crawley v Notts County (2,580) in League One.

That's a stonking crowd at Bromley too (as it should have been to see them win Conference South).

16. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  17. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Over 3,000 in the sun almost everyone having a great day out - It did feel like Tuscany

Thats what i like about Dulwich Hamlet

Shows the great call to make it all ticket
    and also crowd control (even down to how we switched ends)

Heard some interesting discussions re singing and pros and cons of drums after the game

I have seen tweets from people in Camberwell saying they could hear us sing

certainly we seemed to sing for the whole game -

Loved the huge scarf - that worked very well - so respect to those who made that

Regarding cans and bottles, a number of our active women fans were complaining about the lack of men tidying up at the end "continuing to live under the patriarchal system "

The truth is I know I spent 30 mins tidying up and I dont even drink . In that 30mins we just cleared the car wash end - then went for the glass bottles around the rest of the ground. the truth is we had huge numbers of cans and bottles left around

Yes everyone had a great time drinking in the Tuscan sun, but its a great luxury, and to not lose it, we need to me more vigilant about tidying up (and not always the same people)

on the political front happy to see progressives, election leafleting outside - but glad this was not done outside, as stated we shouldn't do PARTY political in the ground, yes anti discrimination, living wage, affordable housing and local anti cuts inside - but please no party politics in the ground. That said I think were clear UKIP is a racist party that we have no truck with - so don't mind the odd anti UKIP chant - that spilt over at the final whistle into a handful chanting "You UKIP bastards" - suggestion that some fans maybe UKIP - Really, Really pleased this was stamped on very quickly by key members of the Rabble - I am proud that we are progressive and I am proud we are not just like other fans attacking away fans for the hell of it - we dont do that.

The 800-1,000 Maidstone United fans had a great day out and I am pleased for them, they made the effort and spent money at our club, pleased we applauded them on the way out thats "sportsmanship"

Again well done to all - Cannot believe no more home games this season - but to think we have gone from 180 a game to over a thousand every game - and its still fun

Big thanks to everyone who make Dulwich Hamlet so enjoyable

Build it and they will come

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  18. TheLuxuryFan

TheLuxuryFan New Member

19. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Very good, just a couple of points though:

"a sea of Pink & Blue splashing noisily against an ocean of Black & Amber throughout"

Surely an ocean is bigger than a sea, 2000 Hamlet fans and 1000 Maidstone.

"Maidstone substitute Ben Greenhalgh put an........"

Is he any relation to our Hugo Pettyboy?

TheLuxuryFan likes this.
  20. Fingers

Edit: already posted

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  21. TheLuxuryFan

TheLuxuryFan New Member

My laboriously-constructed metaphor is instantly exposed as rubbish. Balls.

Not a family affair, as far as I'm aware. Can you clear this up, Hugo?

Fingers likes this.
  22. Fingers

TheLuxuryFan likes this.
  23. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

"and also crowd control (even down to how we switched ends)"

It wasn't 'crowd control' as such..it was just an unsegregated match, as all of our games are.

"certainly we seemed to sing for the whole game"

I'd say we sang in bursts throughout the game. Certainly wasn't singing the whole game.

Regarding cans and bottles, a number of our active women fans were complaining about the lack of men tidying up at the end "continuing to live under thepatriarchal system "

It's NOT obligatory to tidy up...I never heard such bollocks as that comment! I saw a number of people tidying, from both sexes!

"The truth is I know I spent 30 mins tidying up and I dont even drink . In that 30mins we just cleared the car wash end - then went for the glass bottles around the rest of the ground. the truth is we had huge numbers of cans and bottles left around"

Well done to those who did...What has not drinking got to do with it? I don't drink...and I don't clean up. Interestingly enough someone asked me about more bins yesterday, don't recall having seen anything elsewhere on lack of bins, but then it's the lack of drinking bowls for dogs that stick in my mind, and keeps me amused!

"on the political front happy to see progressives, election leafleting outside - but glad this was not done outside, as stated we shouldn't do PARTY political in the ground, yes anti discrimination, living wage, affordable housing and local anti cuts inside - but please no party politics. That said I think were clear UKIP is a racist party that we have no truck with - so don't mind the odd anti UKIP chant - that spilt over at the final whistle into a handful chanting "You UKIP bastards" - suggestion that some fans maybe UKIP - Really, Really pleased this was stamped on very quickly by key members of the Rabble - I am proud that we are progressive and I am proud we are not just like other fans attacking away fans for the hell of it - we dont do that."

Think you meant not done inside. Rest assured if anyone is seen with leaflets from any political party, or campaign, that has not been sanctioned by Dulwich Hamlet Football Club they will be asked to stop, and possibly asked to leave the ground.
    Technically, the 'ground' would include the car park area, too.

" The 800-1,000 Maidstone United fans had a great day out and I am pleased for them, they made the effort and spent money at our club, pleased we applauded them on the way out thats "sportsmanship" "

Not forgetting the 'ooh, I must get in front of a camera brigade!' ;)

As for the 800-1,000 estimate...well they sold 900, and more were bought from us. There were around a thousand Stones present.

24. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

He's already been asked, lots of times. And they're not related.

TheLuxuryFan likes this.
  25. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

What a day!
    Some photos from a loftier position in the second half which show how rammed the place was.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Fingers

27. Ontheup

Ontheup New Member

And a photo of myself coming over to applaud you and shake you by the hand.....thanks for a great day, as ever as an away fan the welcome was great and the respect shown was second to none.

If you listened to our managers post match interview you'll hear him raving about Dulwich Hamlet and he was asked who he wants to join us.....considering he is a Margate legend.....he gave great reasons why he wants you coming up with us.

Good luck, I'd love to be back at CH next season

B.I.G, Pink Panther, darryl and 4 others like this.
  28. Fingers

If we are in different divisions, it would be great to play a friendly.

29. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Done.

Fingers likes this.
  30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Looks glorious. So gutted to not have been there.

Is that celebratory curry happening next sunday do we reckon?