Dulwich Hamlet vs Maidstone Utd, Sat 18th April - all ticket

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Feb 27, 2015.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

What may prove to be an absolutely crucial game for Hamlet is now going to be all ticket:

2. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

...which also guarantees a stonking crowd for East Thurrock United on 21 March, when tickets go on sale.

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Anyone want to buy tickets to the Directors box for love or money?

4. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Why you selling our tickets fool!

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

For love :p

6. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Blimey, that's a very generous allocation for season ticket holders. Hope there's enough left for people who pay at the gate week in, week out.

Moroccan Sunset and Scutta like this.
  7. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

How many ST holders do we have, though? Maybe 150? That means they'd take up 600, if everyone took their full allocation, which they won't. That leaves 2,400 for everyone else - and since the recent high is around 1,400, I'd say there will be plenty left for everyone else.

8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I reckon around season ticket holders 300 x 4 = 1200 tickets. Maybe we allocate 600 - 1000 to Maidstone (600 the minimum being allowed), so 2100 tickets in total leaves 800 for general sale.

EDIT BAD MATHS>

9. StephenMac

Fair enough then I guess but a hypothetical situation where regular non-season ticket holders miss out would be quite an own goal for the club. I'm sure the club wants to retain those who are new this season.

For what it's worth, I hope that Maidstone are only allocated the minimum as they seem to be only giving 500 to Margate for their home game next month.

10. editor

editor hiraethified

I bought my season ticket very late in the day and it's #097.

11. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Trophy Manager maths.

B.I.G likes this.
  12. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

We have less than two hundred season ticket holders...many will only want one for themselves. Maidstone United have a smaller capacity than us. It is a non-segregated match, so they can get a postal ticket from us, if they sell their allocation.

Will it really deter many locals? We are publicising well in advance, so they can buy ticket(s) at home games, or in person, I believe at times to be determined, as I haven't read the official notices yet.

All-ticket will make admission substantially quicker on the day too, as there will be less cash handling.

Let's suppose, hypotehtically, it's not all ticket, & the size of the crowd catches us unawares...would B.I.G. be happy to be one of those locked out of the ground, or stuck in a queue until half-time? I think not...

pompeydunc, Scutta and B.I.G like this.
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I was liking this post Mishi BUT for your entertainment B.I.G is in the Directors Box and is all for it being ALL TICKET and not SEGREGATED, go pick on steve rickerby ;)

14. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Dulwich Mishi any reason for not segregating and restricting Maidstone to the minimum?

Moroccan Sunset and StephenMac like this.
  15. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Because we don't segregate, and the minimum is because we have to offer them a percentage, while offering more to our fans. Do you suggest the game is worthy of segregation for the first time in our history?

Scutta likes this.
  16. StephenMac

I've got nothing against it being all-ticket at all, sounds very sensible, and it won't deter locals from trying to get tickets i'm sure. I just find it a bit odd that season ticket holders are being offered three additional tickets. One extra as a reward for loyalty would seem sensible... but three?

Guess i'll just make sure i'm banging on the turnstile door at midday on the 21st to be on the safe side. That or i'll mug a greedy season ticket holder.

Moroccan Sunset and Scutta like this.
  17. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Love or money, that's a tough decision. Money it is.

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

No sale EDC - you deliberately took a different train from me :mad:

Scutta likes this.
  19. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

A few people getting carried away here tbh. It's not the FA cup final, Just because it's all ticket doesn't in itself create a ticket shortage. Realistically a maximum attendance is possible, but not a given, and that's based on Maidstone bringing well over 500 IMO. Obviously crowds are increasing rapidly but it's still a huge increase on recent games and there aren't going to be hundreds locked out.

Anyone who really wants to come will be able to get a ticket easily enough I'm sure.

20. Jamie Wyatt

Yes I suppose I do, I think the way the Maidstone v Margate is being done should be the way we do it.

21. EDC

I wonder why.

Memories of Tottenham v Chelsea 1974 still give me nightmares.

Scutta likes this.
  22. StephenMac

I know i'm still a newcomer and therefore my opinion is of limited interest but I think it's a brave decision to not segregate. With cooperation presumably needed from the council, local residents and others over the coming months and years regarding the new ground, any trouble as a result of non-segregation would be some pretty terrible PR.

Not to say that I don't admire the principle behind the decision (before I get told off).

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  23. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

slippery slope, you do it once and then may have to keep doing it for big games. I like the ability to walk around and meet other fans. Some of the maidstone fans are really nice and would be a shame not to say hello.

Also the logistics of it all with bar toilets stewarding etc would be a nightmare

24. Jamie Wyatt

Not really, can't see this happening much, there are turnstiles and toilets down the far end, all that's needed is a food/drink outlet!

Scutta likes this.
  25. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

be careful what you wish for ;-)

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  26. StephenMac

Maximum of 800 tickets to season ticket holders + 600 (guess) Maidstone fans + most recent home attendance of 1,459 = 2,859.

That leaves 141 tickets so i'm not sure that's really getting carried away.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  27. EDC

There's time to sort that out. It goes well and the club looks well organised and capable of bigger things.

Moroccan Sunset and StephenMac like this.
  28. Joe K

Joe K no al calcio con orchestra di ukulele

Segregate them in the Toilets Opposite with no bar, search them on the way in, and give all their cans to us. That would teach them to self-police their shit-jacketed, beer-throwing wanker element a bit better.

(In reality, Maidstone will have the league sewn up by then and we'll be playing for a play-off placing. I can imagine this being a pretty dispiriting occasion.)

Cyclodunc, Scutta and EDC like this.
  29. EDC

141, I'll sell more than that as a tout.

30. EDC

What one are you on then or are you pissed off because you had to come back from Lewes alone?