Dulwich Hamlet vs. Leiston, 23rd Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Here we go then.

mrs quoad likes this.
  2. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

Hashtagomfg

pompeydunc likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Abso-fucking-loooootely.

4. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

For sure!

5. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Mega excited for the run of games coming up

6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Sorry, busy Christmas shopping....why on earth they don't make this a blank Saturday I will never know.

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

They did last season. No matches on the Saturday before Christmas, then we're playing Monday/Wednesday by the end of March.

8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I was jesting...one of the best Christmas Eves I had was a few years ago, two lower division Sussex County League matches, one at 11.00am the other at three.
    The only 'downside' was having to 'suffer' those Groundhopper types... ;)

9. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Just a reminder the sainsburys' carpark will probably be extra busy tomorrow with folks getting their Christmas food orders in if today was anything to go by.

10. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There was a bloody brilliant match: we could have thumped 5 or 6 past them. Shame about Billericashy's inevitable fightback, but to take apart a quality team like Leiston was some achievement.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

12. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Really enjoyable football
    free flowing football
    and both teams played very positive
    Reise brilliant again and only forward to convert his one on one with the goalie
    or we could have won 5-0
    First time we have beaten Leiston at Champion hill (allegedly)
    and last given reorganisation of the Leagues

Over 1,000 not bad for last shopping day before Christmas

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Pink Panther and Nivag like this.
  13. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Great pressing in the first half against a side that are almost psychotic in their belief that they should always play out it from the back in pleasing triangles. Looking forward to seeing the first goal again on DHFCTV as it looked brilliantly daft from the stand.

Some brilliant attacking in the second half. The through ball and then finish by Reise for his second were outstanding and we nearly had the best team goal since the Carew equaliser against Macclesfield a few minutes later.

Lovely to beat Leiston for a change, especially after the ridiculous draw at their place earlier in the season.

Got a bit nippy though.

darryl, Pink Panther and Nivag like this.
  14. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Quite pleased Ricay won. Means we can go there, win, and knock them off top.

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  15. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Also. We were boss today.

dcdulwich and Noss like this.
  16. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Good post, saves me typing it out.

darryl likes this.
  17. EDC

Oh yeah. I thought the ref was good today too.

StephenMac likes this.
  18. Pink Panther

Nonsense! Dress for the occasion and you shaln't feel chilly.

StephenMac likes this.
  19. EDC

And that passage of play soon after the second goal was a thing of beauty.

20. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Can't say much more than already said, a good game to watch and Nathan Green's header was great. I was directly behind the goal and as soon as it hit his head it was a beauty to watch it clip the crossbar and go in.

21. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Be a shame to lose the East Angular clubs to the forthcoming reorganisation. Would seriously miss Lesiton’s top notch hospitality & their friendly boardroom crew. Think we worked out yesterday that when Lowestoft played in Bananarama North Den Haag in der Netherlands was a closer away day than all but one of the Trawler Boys opponents that season.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

23. Pink Panther

All five of the Suffolk clubs we've visited since returning to the Premier Division have been excellent hosts. It would be shame to swap them for more smaller clubs around the M25. I feel the proposed reorganisation will make our league poorer and weaker.

This was a particularly good performance and rsult agaisnt a team who were in form after four consecutive wins and who have persistently been a thorn in our side over the past four and a half seasons.

Hamlet usually have the lion's share of the play against Leiston, but they generally prove stubborn and solid at the back whilst giving us a lesson in taking chances. But not this time.

There was an interesting tactical change to Hamlet's midfield triumvirate, with Ferguson's attacking role ahead of the other two, and behind the strikers, sacrificed to allow Onovwigun to sit in behind the other two and ahead of the back three in an ostensibly defensive role. This allowed Ming and Green to push forward more on the flanks without having to worry too much about getting caught out on the break.

First two goals came from counter attacks with a long pass through the middle to release Clunis for the first (who shot against the post with Allassani following up to slam in the rebound) then Allassani for the second, who coolly drew the keeper and fired past him. Beautiful set piece for the third goal with Beaney flighting a lovely free kick towards the near post from wide on the left, where Green arrived with perfect timing to head home.

scousedom, Noss and Matt The Cab like this.
  24. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Echo this, I have enjoyed all my visits to each of these clubs. The only thing that can ruin them are the constant rail-works but even I can't blame the clubs for that.

Pink Panther likes this.
  25. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Suffolk is a fine county

Pink Panther likes this.
  26. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

It's lovely - almost as good as Norfolk.

27. EDC

Or Hampshire.