1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dulwich Hamlet vs. Kingstonian, 1st Jan 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by AveryDave, Dec 31, 2017.

1. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

The return of Marvin Elliott!

iamwithnail likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I should be there, all night partying permitting!

AveryDave likes this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Do any Kingstonian fans feel bad about their lack of solidarity with Dulwich as they slowly lose everything?

Do any Kingstonian fans feel bad about adopting a policy whereby if you aren't in with Jamie Cutteridge you aren't welcome as a Kingstonian fan?

Do any Kingstonian fans feel foolish for demanding promotion in the last few years while doing exactly nothing to boost their supporters trust?

Kingstonian are an ex-club with a poor poor fanbase.

YTC likes this.
  4. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

After today's match Allassani's scoring rate is a goal every 69 minutes, which in current circumstances (finances, injuries etc.) is pretty much irreplaceable.

Which begs the question - what do we do when he inevitably goes?

5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

very bitty game, until Hamlet hit stride last 20 minutes - then some great moves

Allassani class of his own

Reise Allassani 12 starts (1 sub) in the League - 15 goals

Good attendance for New Years Day

Today's attendance V Kingstonians 1,516
    last year 2nd January V Hendon (2-1) Attendance 1,146

6. PartisanDulwich

Kenny Beaney
    DSC05167.JPG

pompeydunc, Poids, bkbk and 1 other person like this.
  7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Poids likes this.
  8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  9. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'd say we trust the manager to find someone else from somewhere who can step in and keep the momentum going, which is what he usually does. Three months ago it looked like Ibra Sekajja was a massive loss, but people seem to have forgotten about him lately.

Another comprehensive win, this time without really needing to be at our best other than in odd brief flashes. The game was slow to come to life and it took Hamlet almost half an hour to break the deadlock when Allassani received a through pass outside box, rode a foul tackle as he shrugged off his markers, then accelerated into the box to beat the keeper with a neat shot tucked into the far corner. Our top scorer had the ball in the net again before half time, but from on offside position as he followed up a blocked shot from Clunis.

Hamlet started the second half in lively fashion as Ming fully tested ex-Hamlet keeper Tolfrey with a fierce drive that was touched over the bar in the first minute. At that point I felt one more goal would probably be enough to finish off visitors who were now looking rather bereft of ideas and leadership. It arrived within five minutes as a defender was dispossessed out wide, a deep cross found Green beyond the far post on the left, and his cross-shot driven hard into the goalmouth from an angle was slammed into the net from point-blank range by Allassani. Clunis had a goal ruled out by what must have been a very tight offside decision - he'd also twice been thwarted in the first half by debatable offside calls that halted him in his tracks when he would have had a clear run at goal. As the game entered the final twenty minutes Hamlet began making subsitutions, which seemed to disrupt the shape and momentum of our team with three of the middle five going off and Clunis moving to wing back. Ks had one gilt-edged chance to get themselves back into the game during this spell when a cracking shot from just inside the box rebounded from the underside of the crossbar, but during the final five minutes Hamlet struck twice more to put a nice coat of gloss on the final scoreline. Allassani nicked the ball from a dallying defender around thirty yards out then scooted away and whipped a precise shot past the exposed Tolfrey at the near post. Three minutes later a diagonal pass picked out Boakye-Yiadom to the left of goal inside the box and he outpaced his marker to shoot past Tolfrey from an angle.

I make that 15 wins out of 15 matches against teams currently in the bottom half of the table. We probably have a tougher set of fixtrues over the remainder of the season than those we've had so far, but that's a phenomenal level of consistency.

Team : (3-5-2): Edwards - Weatherstone, Hayles, Taylor - Ming, Kargbo, Onovwigun, Beaney(c), Green - Clunis, Allassani. Subs: Ferguson (for Onovwigun), Boakye-Yiadom (for Ming), Carew (for Kargbo), Acheampong, Faal (not used).

dcdulwich, EDC, StephenMac and 4 others like this.
  10. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

Yesterday was my first time at Champion Hill since the Billericay game early in the season. Thought much of the first half was pretty poor but Hamlet could easily have been three up. Allassani clearly knows where the goal is, some lovely finishes.

Was really surprised with how poor Kingstonian were though.

StephenMac and Pink Panther like this.
  11. PartisanDulwich

yep

B.I.G likes this.
  12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I'm sure Poids would love a copy :)

13. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Kingstonian were diabolical for the large part. There were at least three or four players who really should be playing a level or two lower.

The number 5 especially essentially put in a comedy turn for 90 minutes at the heart of the division's least mobile defence and laughing at the ever-expanding Kevin MacLaren is always a good way to while away an afternoon.

May the Whyteleafe blokes reign be a long one.

B.I.G, AveryDave and Pink Panther like this.
  14. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

15. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Spoke to DD at halftime and he's reckons he's about a month away from being back so hopefully he can rediscover his pre-season form when he returns.

AveryDave, B.I.G, Nivag and 1 other person like this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

17. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

We could always get Ryan Moss in.

AveryDave and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  18. YTC

YTC Human Man