Dulwich Hamlet vs Colchester United, Tuesday 9th July - 7:30pm KO

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Jul 8, 2019.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

first game of pre-season!

We're also pleased to announce that you can pay on card now at the turnstiles, should you wish to go cashless. We'll still run cash turnstiles for those who're happy to pay cash as normal.

Important info for ST holders. Myself and Bill will be outside turnstiles 1-4 tomorrow night with your season tickets. Bring us an item of ID and we'll supply you with your brand new 19-20 season ticket so you can get your Half Price admission for the game.

Anyone who doesn't collect tomorrow night, will have their tickets mailed out to them this week.

See you tomorrow!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. editor

editor hiraethified

Lemme Buzz this!

YTC likes this.
  3. YTC

YTC Human Man

Cheers editor

editor likes this.
  4. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I’ll bring copies of my magazine for people to collect / buy

5. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

so , does a concessionary season ticket holder get in for £2.50 ?

6. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

No highlights tomorrow but will be doing live comms on mixlr.com/dulwichhamletradio from about 7:10 for anyone struggling to get there

Pink Panther, Hamlet Pete and YTC like this.
  7. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Jamal will be too busy watching love island whilst he’s on holiday in mexico

8. YTC

YTC Human Man

Yep!

mick mccartney likes this.
  9. pengedragon

pengedragon Member

Will there be any food outlets open tonight ?

10. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Can I put a footprint in the wet terrace cement for posterity?

11. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Or a comedy cock?

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  12. editor

editor hiraethified

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Five additional newcomers/triallists not previously announced on the bench tonight including Yannis Ambroisine (defender) who was at Welling last season and previously Whitehawk and Leatherhead; Darnell Smith (defender) recently released by Barnet; Ambrose Gnahore (winger) a former Chelsea Academy player who had spells at a number of Isthmian and Southern League clubs before playing in Austria last season.

Starting XI: Grainger, Case, Connors, Chapman, Orlu, Taylor, Clunis, C.Smith, Mills, Monlouis, Yusuff.

Subs: Edwards, Ijaha, Ambroisine, Vose, Tajbakhsh, D.Smith, Gnahore + 2 others.

Monakana and Hunte not listed.

scousedom, WIB Tim and B.I.G like this.
  14. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Ive got a lot of time for Chapman, looks a class player

15. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Of all the new arrivals, Chapman was the one who caught the eye, but took a heavy challenge and ultimately needed Quade to be subbed back on to replace him.

Grainger had a superb save in the first half, but other than that no-one massively stood out for me. Early days of course and playing higher level opposition nothing to be too disheartened about.

Great to be back for another season at Champion Hill.

Poids and pompeydunc like this.
  16. editor

editor hiraethified

Thought we were great in the first half, but Colchester's depth of talent shined in the second half.

Poids likes this.
  17. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

I got charged £3!! Happy to donate 50p to the club. Not sure how half of £5 becomes £3 but hey ho.

18. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Have to say I wasn't that impressed by Chapman. Thought Connors started slowly but grew into the game and was our best player by the end. Pleased we've got Ambroisine - was impressed with him when he played for Welling last season.

As mentioned it's early days and contrary to last season this is a completely new team that'll need time to gel before it can be judged.

The striker up front for the second half was Aristede Bassele, previously of Hampton, Chelmsford and Bournemouth.

Oh, and Welling, of course.

Jimbob73, Pink Panther and Poids like this.
  19. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Thought we looked quite promising in the first half, and unlucky not to go 1-0 up when Clunis hit the post after a terrific piece of skill. Chapman certainly stood out for me and I was quite surprised that he's only 20 as he looks and plays like someone with more experience. Both of our keepers made some good saves - will be interesting to see who ends up as number one. I felt we looked a little lacking down the left hand side of the pitch as no one seemed to be doing on that side what Clunis does on the right.

Second half we obviously lacked a bit of shape with all the subs coming on (typical pre-season stuff really) and they ended up winning fairly comfortably. A good showing all in all though, given the gap between the two sides and how new our squad is.

pettyboy, Nivag and Poids like this.
  20. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Thought it was very encouraging for a first game. What is clear is that we have 2 things that were lacking last year, leadership and the fact we will not be a soft touch.
    Liked all the midfield in the first half and think we are really strong there. Ambroisine is not signed as yet and understand we have a few more options being looked at for centre back

Jimbob73, Pink Panther and Poids like this.
  21. Pink Panther

Monakana is a left winger and Hunte could play there, but they were the two players not on show last night, so we should have suitable options.

blueheaven likes this.
  22. Pink Panther

I remember Ambroisine playing against us for Leatherhead under Jimmy Bullard. He played against us for Welling at the start of last season but I think they loaned him out to an Isthmian club towards the end, although I can't recall which one.

23. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Formation for the first half was a bit lop-sided. Yusuff drifted out to the left, but obviously he's naturally more of a striker. Monlouis was nominally playing as the furthest left of the central midfielders but it was Connors overlapping runs that were our best attacking threat on that wing.

Ambroisine hasn't yet signed for the club but was at training last week and also joined the squad for the spin session on Friday.

blueheaven likes this.
  24. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

He ended the season at Whitehawk, if memory serves.

For those of us who couldn’t make the game, any clues on who the mysterious Sandro and JP were?

25. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

It was nice to be back. It's going to take a while to settle in the new players, lots of friendlies to get them to gel though. Bring on the Beckenham!

26. pettyboy

This is pure speculation (this is a forum after all) but could be the Sandro: BOSTIK LEAGUE: Higher-league winger joins Mildenhall

27. AveryDave

28. pettyboy

Got any other suggestions?

29. AveryDave

I clearly should have put a smiley face after that

pettyboy likes this.
  30. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Tbf, judging by the photos, I think that is 'our' Sandro.

No idea who JP is. I'll wait for more pure speculation from pettyboy! :)

pettyboy and AveryDave like this.