Dulwich Hamlet vs Chippenham Town, Saturday 29th September 2018, 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by WillClunas, Sep 28, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yes I thought that too - I imagine some people with colour blindness might have really struggled as they were tonally so similar.

2. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I did, and then everyone took the piss as I thought they were playing in blue, not green.

3. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

they were playing in blue - chips fan near me in replica kit ...

pompeydunc likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

We decided on 'dark teal.'

5. Effra Eyes

Effra Eyes Well-Known Member

My friends who used to come to Champion Hill broadly fell into two catogories – the one’s who love football and, over time in inevitably, fell in love with Hamlet too. All those seem to still to Imperial Fields exactly as often as they used to visit CH, be that almost every home game in some cases or about once a month in others.

Then there’s the other type, those who lived localish, who were less arsed by both the game in general and the club, and, frankly, mainly wanted a day out al fresco drinking in Dulwich, as long as the weather was good.

They’ve all been once to see us since the 'relocation', all for different games, and all seem to have concluded, sadly, that it’s too much hassle to be worth their effort.

It’s hard not to be dispirited when you send a grouWhatsApppp suggesting people join you just to get the reply ‘Oh yeah, I would if it was still in East Dulwich’.

I resisted the temptation to ask ‘Oh yeah. They should have thought of that’

Moroccan Sunset and GregDHFC like this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Sadly, rightly or wrongly, that is the very nature of your occasional football supporter. Like it or not a large proportion of our 'East Dulwich support' are there to watch a local game, and aren't really interested in away games, or travelling a distance. I don't hold anything against them, each to their own, they are just a different type of supporter to you or me.
    The sooner we return to East Dulwich the better. It's not a problem unique to us, but to any club that's had to move away from their local heartland.

GregDHFC, pettyboy and Pink Panther like this.
  7. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Some away fans would have boosted the attendance too. There were about 10, one of which I brought with me!
    I hope we take more to their gaff!!

editor likes this.
  8. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Taking of Chippenham's gaff, my mate (the Chippenham fan) said they only had drinking in the bar not pitch side. They told them it was league rules, but that's bollocks right? It's not until you get to the Nation League that the ban comes in I though?
    He also said their bar has a very very poor selection of beer too.

9. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Well-Known Member

You’re right it is bollocks. Its not league rules its up to individual clubs at this level whether they allow you to drink pitchside. There’s some decent pubs in Chippenham so you won’t be dissapointed when we visit.

10. Dulwich Mishi

It's League rules for the National Division.
    At South level it's down to individual clubs to decide, or whatever their local licencing regulations say.

11. Dulwich Mishi

People would visit the pubs anyway. The query was about drinking inside the ground. And that would be during the match. So away fans would hardly be in the pub then would they?

12. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

No, respect to those Chippenham fans who made the long trek - it is amazing that a small town like Chippenham can sustain a team at such a level given its population
    so lets not forget not everyone is as fortunate as us, despite our present off the field problems

editor likes this.
  13. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Excellent stuff as always! I've added it to the Buzz report.

baleboy_93 likes this.
  15. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy New Member

It's a lot bigger than Hungerford, isn't it?

16. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

only by 40,000
    Hungerford at 6,000 is indeed a small town to host a team in our League

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Cat Daisy likes this.
  17. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

......might be in a local graveyard though , eh Mishi ?...........

18. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Dipo's two goals get him named in the Conference South team of the week.

19. Dulwich Mishi

Technically the made up Team of the Week from the 'Non League Paper'....

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Why not let him enjoy his moment?

21. Dulwich Mishi

Firstly, where does my post NOT let him enjoy his moment?
    Secondly, good on you Dipo for looking in on this forum, sorry if I ruined it for you, with editor graciously taking offence on your behalf.
    Thirdly, it puts a smile on my face when one of our players gets selected for our divisional team of the week, but it's based on someone's total guesswork based on, in the main, cobbled together biased match reports and basic matchday stats. Forgive me for treating such lists with a pinch of salt...

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How do you think most awards are worked out? Jeez.

23. Dulwich Mishi

With a bit more serious imput. This isn't a proper award! It's the view of one individual journalist, cobbled together for the 'Non League Ppaer' as a spacefiller, nothing more nothing less. It's hardly like the Isthmian Team of the Year, when it's voted for by all the managers, for example, and thus a bit more scientific, is the point I am trying to make, and I'm sure most people will understand that...

24. Dodger

Dodger Well-Known Member

Unless the person is doctor who and can simultaneously watch all the games at once it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

25. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

Doctor Who ?

Christian Burt likes this.
  26. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

How do you think the choose non scoring players such as defenders for the team of the week? Mind blown?

27. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy New Member

I presume it is the same as Step 3 matches, so each report has a Star Player and they mostly pick from those? The Star Player awards are a bit arbitrary - I used to pick them when reporting for another club and they rarely tied in with the sponsors' MOTM.

editor likes this.
  28. Dulwich Mishi

The MOTM things in the paper are done by the home club reporters, club volunteers who are in the main rather more biased to the home side, so hardly 'scientific'. As I've suggested, it's all a bit of fun, but not worth the paper it's written on.

Cat Daisy likes this.
  29. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy New Member

I tried to be fair when I did it but there was probably a bit of unconscious bias!