Dulwich Hamlet vs Chelmsford, Sat 26th Jan, 3.00pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Jan 25, 2019.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

No thread so thought i'd get one going.

Online sales already close to the 1000 mark, will be another busy day.

I can confirm that as I type portaloo's and being put in place!

Food is from The Shak and a company called 'Warm and Toastie' doing some ridiculous looking things with Cheese Toasties.

Gates at 12.

Entry info below

2. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Can guests of Season ticket holders enter with them via the main entrance 1 if they have a ticket purchased in advance?
    I'm a season ticket holder but may be with my (elderly) Dad and my daughter?

3. YTC

YTC Human Man

Being a ST holder you can enter wherever you like! If you have ticket holders with you it should be fine, especially if having no stairs to climb up is an issue!

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  4. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Ok thanks, my Dad finds the stairs hard and needs a seat. I guess the other option is give him my Season ticket to enter at 1 and I go in with the riff raff at gates 2&3 ;)

YTC likes this.
  5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I hope there won't be too many changes from last week's team as we need to find some consistency and build on our first away clean sheet of the season that ended the run of four consecutive league defeats.

Tomlin, Kargbo and Pappoe have now officially departed, Carew is out with an ankle injury and Baghuelou will begin a three match suspension.

6. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Will the Thai stall be back in the future? I miss my dumpling hit.

Pink Panther likes this.
  7. YTC

YTC Human Man

Unfortunatly not for the foreseeable future!

8. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

9. Pink Panther

Don't want to start a big argument - it's good to have variety and I'm sure there are practical reasons for engaging some vendors rather than others - but in the interests of offering feedback I much prefer the Thai street food to the jerk shack, which is pretty mediocre in my experience.

10. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Yep, I was never blown away by the jerk stuff.

Each to their own, of course.

Pink Panther and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  11. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

Cheese toasties sound like they will do the trick!

12. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Heartburn job. Count me out.

13. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

...and relatively expensive!

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  14. editor

editor Forked with electrons

1-1 ... What's the crowd like

15. Pink Panther

Chambers sent off after collecting the first two yellow cards of the match. First one was really soft. Their right back was let off with just a talking to after bringing Green down when he had a clear run into the box.

16. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Miles better performance so far.

Nivag and editor like this.
  17. Pink Panther

And the right back has now been booked for felling Cook. Would be 10 v 10 if thereferee had any notion of consistency.

editor likes this.
  18. editor

For fuck's sake.

19. Pink Panther

Half time 1-1.

sleaterkinney and editor like this.
  20. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Just gone 2-1 down, on Football Web Pages.

21. editor

We're really fucked at the moment, aren't we? :(

22. editor

Whupped 1-3.

23. editor

And *still* we remain in 17th place, but with our points buffer rapidly diminishing.

Another immense crowd of 2,826 today. Shame it wasn't a better result.

passenger likes this.
  24. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

I thought there was hope in that performance. The Hamlet lost when Chambers was sent off effectively. Chelmsford were always going to win after that. But they played alright, with a bit of heart. I hope it’s a turnaround point.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  25. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Really disappointing result that. I thought we played with a lot of confidence in that first half. If Chambers hadnt been sent off, or if Thompson has buried that first half header, we could have been looking at a much different result

26. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

That was much better, prior to the sending off I thought we controlled the game and were excellent. I think the big crowd got to the Ref today it was if he wanted to be centre of attention, constantly engaging in petty squabbles with the Chelmsford players. Our passing was slick and Green was immense made their number 2 look completely out of his depth!

Not sure about Quade playing the holding roll. Really need someone in there.

Lots of positives from that game but we need to start winning we can’t keep relying on others to slip up.

Felt sorry for the Iino near the dugouts got a right Gav bashing!

Nivag and editor like this.
  27. editor

And we have to stop getting players sent off.

28. Pink Panther

Not too much wrong with the performance and I felt the third goal in stoppage time flattered Chelmsford, with Hamlet having come very close to another equaliser in a mad goalmouth scramble a couple of minutes earlier.

We were crucified by a combination of marginal errors and not getting the rub of the green from the referee. First goal came from a free kick carelessly conceded 40 yards out and we couldn't deal with a great delivery into the 6 yard box. Chambers' first booking was harsh, a marginal foul well outside the box with no real intent ,their bloke was just a bit too quick for him. Second yellow was blatant, but no more so than a foul on Green by their right back, who was excused with just a warning before getting booked 20 minutes later. The third goal came from a spell of pressure after Ferguson was penalised for winning the ball with a perfectly legitimate shoulder change against an opponent who was doing the same thing but wasn't strong enough. Green scored our goal with a far post header from a corner.

That was always likely to be a tough game against a good side. We need to make sure we play as well as that every week and we should get the lucky breaks and the points we need.

Team (4-5-1): Edwards - Cook, Okuonghae(c), Chambers, Mavila - Clunis, Vose, Taylor, Ferguson, Green - Thompson. Subs: Sheriff (for Thompson), Akinyemi (for Clunis), Onovwigun (for Vose), Toure, Essuman (not used).
    Att. 2,826

Ronco, StephenMac, bkbk and 3 others like this.
  29. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Just how many times have we had a player sent off this season - seems like every other game

30. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Still amazing how the local community flocks to Champion Hill on Saturdays
    You can hardly call them "glory hunters"
    The money coming in must in the longer term make an impact

Better performance today - but bottom line no points to show

We seem to get no luck this season, another handball in penalty box not seen

precarious position - cannot afford slip ups at Concord

Taper likes this.